Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Will illegal aliens voluntarily go home?

Will illegal aliens voluntarily go home?
    Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 8/1/2008 6:00:00 AM

An immigration reform activist says it remains to be seen just how effective a soon-to-be unveiled program will be in stemming the tide of illegal immigration in the U.S.

Julie Myers, the director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), told the Spanish-language television network Univision that the program will be called "Operation Scheduled Departure" and will basically allow illegal immigrants without criminal records a chance to literally self-deport by turning themselves in to ICE agents.

She told the network that the idea came about because many illegal alien detainees have said that, if given the opportunity, they would rather just go home than be held in immigration prisons.

Ira Mehlman, spokesman for the Federation for American Immigration Reform, says it is a great idea in principle.

"We have long said that the best way to deal with the problem of illegal immigration is to create conditions under which the illegal immigrants would decide voluntarily [that] it is time to go home," says Mehlman. "And you do that by making it clear that there is no benefit to remaining in the United States illegally. [That] you're not going to gain anything by remaining here."

Mehlman continues, saying "if ICE is going to continue to enforce laws in the workplace, if they're going to continue to make it harder and harder for people to remain in the country illegally, then such a program does have a chance at working."

The activist says he is going to take a wait-and-see approach until the details of the program are released by ICE next week.
    http://www.onenewsnow.com:80/Politics/D ... ?id=198550
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If they are smart, they will.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Some will but ICE needs to continue the raids!

Even if less than half of them go, or even a quarter, it would be better than none of them gone at all.

Wishful thinking to say the least. This is just another example of the severely difficient wisdom coming from our so-called leaders in D.C.

If I were guilty of a crime do you think the police would tell me to come on in, admit it and then go home and take up to 90 days to get my affairs in order before 'voluntarily' returning to get on a plane for a free ride to wherever, where I would be allowed to walk free?

HELL NO! They'd break down my door, slap me in cuffs and haul me to jail, and that's exactly what they should be doing to every single illegal who comes in!

Where is the incentive for any IA to turn themselves in to ICE? If they want to leave they know exactly where the border is and all they have to do is buy a ticket on the bus or start walking.

How do you think they got here in the first place? We should be forced to pay so they can return to their homelands in confort? BULL!