Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Willcox BP arrests alleged gang members

Willcox BP arrests alleged gang members
    By Carol Broeder/Arizona Range News
    Published: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 5:29 PM CDT

Willcox Border Patrol Agents arrested two illegal immigrants last Saturday with alleged gang affiliations.

While processing the man from El Salvador, he admitted to being a member of the MS 13 gang and feared returning to El Salvador. He was held for further questioning.

On the same day, Willcox agents arrested a subject from Mexico. An agent observed that the man had multiple tattoos, indicating that he was affiliated with the Sur 13 gang. He was also held for further processing.

"As the Border Patrol continues to secure our nation's borders, illegal aliens with serious criminal histories are identified through IAFIS technology," said spokeswoman Colleen Agle.

" Gang members, sexual offenders and other criminal aliens are a threat to the safety and security of communities throughout the United States."

Agents also encounter and apprehend illegal aliens from Mexico and from all over the world, she said.

"The Border Patrol is committed to working with our communities to enhance their quality of life by removing criminal aliens."

In another Border Patrol related event, a high-speed pursuit ended on Interstate 10 east of Benson Friday afternoon following a Border Patrol stop in Willcox.

At 3:32 p.m. Friday, U.S. Border Patrol notified the Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS) that they had attempted to stop a green Chevy Trailblazer in Willcox.

Since the driver failed to stop, Border Patrol ended its involvement at that time, DPS Duty Officer Cherie Klavitter said Friday.

At 3:36 p.m., a DPS officer saw the vehicle traveling westbound on I-10 at milepost 324 and attempted to stop it for a traffic violation, she said.

When the driver of the Trailblazer failed to yield to the officer, a pursuit ensued, Klavitter said.

With officers following, the suspect continued westbound on I-10, reaching speeds between 80 and 100 miles per hour, she said.

At milepost 312, about 10 miles east of Benson, a DPS officer deployed "stop sticks," successfully puncturing one or more tires on the Trailblazer, said Klavitter.

When it finally stopped a mile away, the five occupants attempted to bail out of the vehicle and were taken into custody.

The five, as well as the vehicle involved, were turned over to the Border Patrol, she said.

A spokeswoman for the Border Patrol deferred comment to the DPS Monday morning.

"Unfortunately, I do not have an incident report about this particular case," Colleen Angle, with the Tucson Sector, told the Range News.

www.willcoxrangenews.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

i dont believe it.
    they got that jerk who was the friend of aldrete-davila out of wilcox
    and they are working big time busting druggers.
    i wonder if the BP agent friend of davila knew about it

yes this is all sarcasm