Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    I would put Richardson right up there with Perry
    I would also put Richardson high on the list. His media trick with "poor" Elvira is typical of his sympathy for Mexicans, illegal and legal. He uses his Governor's office for an ongoing crusade to justify U.S. alignment with Mexico. He is an ultimate two-faced liar, NOT a diplomat.

If he really was a staunch American, he would give strong public support to border enforcement and cleaning up the massive drug problem in his state and criticize all the expenditures wasted to underwrite illegals in jails, schools, hospitals, and the courts.

Has Perry been visiting the ranch in Crawford?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Such a program should emphasize the "rule of law" and not reward
    those who break the law, he said.
    And how does he figure that`s just going to up and happen?

"I'd a whole lot rather know who it is that crosses our border legally
    to work than not know who it is that crosses our border illegally to
    work," Perry said.
    Now that makes no sense at all.

Further more: any elected or To-be elected official that lies to get into or remain in office should be ousted for "False Presentation".
    ------------------------

So, what`s the name of this Hurricane? Hurricane Reconquista?
    ------------------------

AFAIK Governor Perry cannot be recalled.

Let's demand his resignation and call for new election! Man, that would be something. One can dream, right?
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/ ... 3e152.html

41 PM CST

San Antonio Express-News

Gov. Rick Perry is a masterful quick-change artist.
    A month after inspiring less than four out of 10 Texans to vote for him, the governor has managed to alienate the core of the conservative base that provided his margin of "victory" Nov. 7.

advertisement

On Wednesday, Perry lit a match to the political blog circuit by having the audacity to tell the Texas Border Coalition that the anti-immigrant rhetoric during the fall mid-term elections was not constructive.

"We just concluded an election year that was very heavy on immigration rhetoric, and, I might add, very light on comprehensive solutions," Perry said.

Wow. I haven't heard such hypocrisy since recent mayoral candidate Julián Castro labeled himself "a fiscal conservative." It's reminiscent of when Democrat Jim Mattox, the legendary "junkyard dog" of dirty politics, asked his Republican foe for attorney general in 1998 to "quit mudslinging."

A right-of-center Web log, the Lone Star Times, had the following sneering take on Perry's comments:

"Leaving aside for now the merits of the public policy question (wall vs. comprehensive reform, crackdown vs. path to citizenship), you just have to be stunned by the sheer brazen scope and scale of the betrayal," an entry titled, "I told you so," starts out.

The blogger notes that Perry, in the run-up to the election, "throws a couple of million dollars worth of tough-talking, Marlboro Man-looking ads on TV, reassuring his conservative base that he has been and will get even tougher on border enforcement."

After the base provides the necessary margin of victory, the blogger sums up Perry's recent turnabout as if it were the plot of a bad slasher movie.

"Mr. Back, meet Mr. Knife."

In a matter of weeks, Perry has gone from alienating those of us who thought he was using scare tactics with his "Marlboro Man" ads, to poking out the eyes of those who were hoping he was "serious" about border security.

Even President Bush has to be wondering what's going on with the Perry flip-flop.

To his credit, Bush has been a firm proponent of the comprehensive solutions to illegal immigration that Perry now espouses.

A month ago, however, Perry's TV ads took some pretty good shots at the president.

"We can't have homeland security without border security," Perry drawled into the camera after a voice-over credited him with calling for National Guard troops six months before President Bush got around to it.

I don't know about you, but in this Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde scenario I'm hoping that the Perry of earlier this week sticks around.

Given some of the mean-spirited bills that are being filed for next year's legislative session, the post-election version of Perry is more apt to seek sound policy on the issue.

That would be welcome news after the recent findings of the Texas comptroller's office. In a first-of-its-kind report, the comptroller found that the state's 1.4 million to 1.6 million undocumented immigrants pay more in taxes than they receive in state services.

But, while not being a drain on the state's economy, these immigrants did cost local governments $929 million in 2005.

The complexity of the issue begs for a post-election Perry. As Perry, Castro and Mattox have proved before, politicians are liable to say anything before an election.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In a first-of-its-kind report, the comptroller found that the state's 1.4 million to 1.6 million undocumented immigrants pay more in taxes than they receive in state services.
    Bull Shiite!!!!!! The only taxes they might pay is with someone elses SS card.
    ------------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12