Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Zach Wamp TN says 96% Detained and Returned

Please comment on Rep. Zach Wamp's statements. He is supporting a guest worker program and a "tough" path to citizenship.

The 96% comment is bothersome. How is he coming up with this?

He gets great grades from the report cards on immigration, but his recent comments are troubling.

Wamp Praises Border Fence Law
    posted October 26, 2006

Rep. Zach Wamp praised the approval of a bill that he said will safeguard national security by building a 700-mile fence along the nation's southern border.

The bill was signed into law today by President George Bush.

The new law also requires the Department of Homeland Security to maintain operational control of the border with a "virtual fence" of security technology.

"We have changed the practice of catch and release to catch and return," Congressman Wamp said. "Since last year, 96% of people coming across the southern border illegally are detained until they can be returned to their country of origin and that is a huge accomplishment."

The Secure Fence Act of 2006 passed the House and the Senate in late September.

Rep. Wamp said the law "is a bold first step in attending to the illegal immigration problem in this country."

"The Devil is in the details," Wamp said. "Americans want to be confident in the security of the border before addressing guest worker programs. This law will greatly slow the influx of illegals into the country and is the first of many necessary stages in dealing with this issue."

The President signed the Secure Border Act in a public ceremony at the White House.
    http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_95428.asp
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That 96% is an out and out fabrication! First of all.........mexicans aren't being returned on any large scale.....only other than mex.

Don't be fooled by the "grades" for these guys. Look at their votes en toto. Many times they do a "token" vote but vote for another policy that counteracts the first vote. Look at their actions and read between the lines.

This guy seems to be lying while straddling the fence........crotch must be getting quite sore by now
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The new law also requires the Department of Homeland Security to maintain operational control of the border with a "virtual fence" of security technology.
    A virtual fence is something that can be ignored, it will not secure the border. I don't believe there will ever be a fence on the border, I would have to see it to believe it. Why would they build a fence when they want to erase the borders. This is a political ploy.

These are some earlier comments from Rep. Wamp from Tennessee
    Wamp calls for securing border, path to citizenship
    The Oak Ridger, May 3, 2006

Against the backdrop of Monday's nationwide immigrant protests, U.S. Rep. Zach Wamp called for securing the United States' southern border and establishing a "tough path to citizenship."

"There is still a big difference between legal and illegal immigration," said Wamp, a Republican whose district includes Oak Ridge. As he traveled from Chattanooga to Oak Ridge on Monday afternoon, Wamp talked to The Oak Ridger about immigration, energy policies and Iran.

Wamp said Congress must intend to enforce any immigration-reform legislation it passes. Responding to proposed Congressional reform, immigrants across the nation, including in Knoxville, on Monday held a "Day Without Immigrants," a boycott to demonstrate their economic power.

"We need to first honor the rule of law," Wamp said. The congressman said the reforms of the last 20 years have not been enforced, leading to a burgeoning illegal immigrant population that has reached an estimated 12 million.

Wamp said it is not practical, logical or possible to round up all those people.

Instead, he said, "We need to find them a tough pass to citizenship." He suggested criminal background checks, a requirement to learn English, a legitimate new tax and a citizenship test.

In order to keep the immigrant population down, Wamp said the United States must secure its southern border through a variety of technologies and a doubling of border agents from around 10,000 to somewhere around 25,000. Among the technologies he suggested are biometrics, laser-eye sensors, motion sensors and helicopter detectors.

"We have got to beef up our border security," he said.

Wamp said the cost of securing the border is less than the cost of providing social services and education to illegal immigrant families.
    http://www.wampcongress.com/www/docs/268.347
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Damn! We missed that during the endorsements. We are going to have to pull our endorsement of his campaign.

I am sending an email to Roy Beck of NumbersUSA asking how anyone that supports amnesty like this could have an A rating at Betterimmigration.com ????!!!!???

W

This is the Numbers USA for Zach Wamp

http://profiles.numbersusa.com/improfil ... &VIPID=750

We gave automatic endorsements to each candidate that had an A or A+ with betterimmigration.com

Later we found out that points were not deducted for CAFTA on their scale.

Now we are finding candidates with A scores that support amnesty!

Damn damn damn!

W

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Damn! We missed that during the endorsements. We are going to have to pull our endorsement of his campaign.

I am sending an email to Roy Beck of NumbersUSA asking how anyone that supports amnesty like this could have an A rating at Betterimmigration.com ????!!!!???

W
    This is exactly why I do NOT use the "grades" from anyone. I search their votes to confirm.

Mistakes have been made too often.

MW
    sawdust wrote:

A virtual fence is something that can be ignored, it will not secure the border. I don't believe there will ever be a fence on the border, I would have to see it to believe it. Why would they build a fence when they want to erase the borders. This is a political ploy.
    Exactly who is they? I could probably name well over 100 in the U.S. Congress that don't want to erase the borders. I know there are some that want to believe it is us against them in regards to our political leadership in Washington, but that is simply not the case. I know it sometimes doesn't seem like it, but we do have some friends in Washington. If we didn't, we'd be choking down an amnesty right now, with a side order of guest-worker program!

ALIPAC wrote:

Please inform us of the response you receive, thanks.

"We have changed the practice of catch and release to catch and return," Congressman Wamp said. "Since last year, 96% of people coming across the southern border illegally are detained until they can be returned to their country of origin and that is a huge accomplishment."
    Are these folks receiving their information from Secretary Chertoff? This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! If 96% of the folks coming across the border illegally were being detained and returned to their country of origin it would be all over the media (T.V. and print). Someone needs to call Rep. Wamp on that number! Lou Dobbs, where are you?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn