Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Stevestr
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveOurState
    Where is the EXACT address of the mexican flag wall site? Is that in the park with those other pictures or are we talking two separate locations?
    The painted freeway supports look like they belong to San Diego's own Chicano Park located http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Cesar+...7768&t=k&hl=en here. The park is under the freeway and the land was demanded from CalTrans back in the 70s. CalTrans was going to put a CHP station here but "activists" marched and got their park.

Recently the street in front of the park was named Cesar Chavez Pkwy. How appropriate.

The "takeover" of the park [their words] is described in detail at http://www.chicanoparksandiego.com/history/page1.html.
    Yeah.. thats where those are from, the rest are supposed to be in El Paso.

Of course we all know what they would be screaming if someone named a park "Anglo Park". I detest double standards... but they apparently subscribe to the theory that only white people can be racist.

I am kinda curious who that character on the freeway support holding the rifle is.. Pancho Villa?

In the one where the funky lookin character is shooting at the FBI, CIA etc.. I think I have seen that character before. I think he is a character (super hero?) from some Mexican comic book. If anyone recognizes him lemme know please. It is driving nuts trying to remember where I seen him before, and cannot imagine what I might have been doing to end up reading that comic, if my memory is correct about where I saw him.

Quote Originally Posted by rickesteves
    In San Francisco's Mission district we have some entire streets (usually from 1 to 3 blocks) where the entire area is one continous mural.People come from across the country to video tape and photograph this.If you're ever in the area one of the main streets is Balmy@24th st.
    Hey Rick,

If ya happen to be in that area sometime, and have a camera.. try to get me some good pics of anything on them which may have questionable meaning, please.

Murals like that started popping up in Philly. Interestingly enough, everytime one was created, someone came by, and threw bucketloads of paint over them. They stopped popping up.
    Freedom suppressed and again regained bites with keener fangs than freedom never endangered

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/D ... rals01.jpg
    Is that supposed to be Pancho Villa in the above picture?

Im sure I could go into Brentwood, Bay Shore, Farmingville, Central Islip, etc and find similar pictures. If I ever see any ill take some pics with my digital camera and post them here.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF202
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/DQ-alipac3/bp_ep_murals01.jpg
    Is that supposed to be Pancho Villa in the above picture?
    I do not know, but I did wonder the same thing. Whomever it is, it seems to be a piece of art which glorifies violence.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF202
    Im sure I could go into Brentwood, Bay Shore, Farmingville, Central Islip, etc and find similar pictures. If I ever see any ill take some pics with my digital camera and post them here.
    Would love to see any ya come across. I find such artwork "inspirational".

BTW, everyone, I found those pics in five minutes googling. If any of ya feel like doin so, and ya come across any more artwork like this, we would love to see it. If ya do not have a picture host, then send the photo to my email box and I will post them for ya.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12