Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

As Forest Gump would say "stupid is as stupid does".
    He will go down in history but how he is remembered has yet to be seen.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    As Forest Gump would say "stupid is as stupid does".
    He will go down in history but how he is remembered has yet to be seen.

You've made a terrific point MD.

I've heard so many people blowing their own horns about themselves having helped "make history" by assisting in the election of the first black president, this will be something to tell the kids and grandkids, etc.

And I'm just sitting here asking myself WHAT these people will be telling those kids and grandkids exactly? Will they be bragging about their part in assisting these kids and grandkids into a life lived in a Third World police state ........

or apologizing for their part in putting them there?

People seem to forget that "history" is not always a good thing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's why a great many people are condemmed to commit the same errors. They , or we forget the lessons of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    That's why a great many people are condemmed to commit the same errors. They , or we forget the lessons of the past.

Very true Hylander.

It rather begs the question of how........human beings behaving so stupidly time and again as we tend to do.........we didn't become extinct long, long ago

Folks, Obama did not invent anythin

The Office of the President-Elect has been around for years. Here is an old New York Times article on it:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h ... A96E948260

The Office of the President-Elect was established by the Presidential Transition Act of 1963.

I don't expect any of you did any checking on this before you jumped to conclusions and condemned him for this imagined offense,did ya?

Re: Folks, Obama did not invent anythin

Quote Originally Posted by CloakedKnight
    The Office of the President-Elect has been around for years. Here is an old New York Times article on it:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h ... A96E948260

The Office of the President-Elect was established by the Presidential Transition Act of 1963.

I don't expect any of you did any checking on this before you jumped to conclusions and condemned him for this imagined offense,did ya?
    I trust Michelle Malkin's reporting. If she made a boo boo she will say so.

Well, you could 'trust' a writer, or think for yourself and do some research. It's pretty easy with Google. It looks like the correction has already been added to the article linked to.

By the way, both Bush and Bush Sr used the Office of the President-Elect. The only thing Obama is guilty of here is perhaps making a fancy pretentious-looking sign for the existing office. The guy obviously likes good graphic design.

But then again, it's not that pretentious considering he is the President-Elect.

Quote Originally Posted by CloakedKnight
    Well, you could 'trust' a writer, or think for yourself and do some research. It's pretty easy with Google. It looks like the correction has already been added to the article linked to.

By the way, both Bush and Bush Sr used the Office of the President-Elect. The only thing Obama is guilty of here is perhaps making a fancy pretentious-looking sign for the existing office. The guy obviously likes good graphic design.

But then again, it's not that pretentious considering he is the President-Elect.
    You're right, CloakedKnight...because naturally researching via internet search engines is SOOO much more reliable, accurate, and apparently self-assertive than reading articles put together by reputable journalists.

And Obama would NEVER be arrogant, pretentious, or engaging in self-glorification. Obviously.

And, of course, he's the SAVIOUR of the world. Yes. Let us not forget, THE ONE shall shower the blessing of his presence upon his people. And apparently we're all his people, like it or not. Right?

WTFever. I think the general point is not when the Office of the President Elect was originally created, but the fact that Obama runs around making new presidential seals, pseudo-presidential emblems of the type featured in this article, and generally puts on airs acting like he's the freaking Messiah. And you know what? He's a first-term senator who NEVER would have been elected if he weren't a minority. Think about it.

Don't get me wrong...I couldn't care less what color or ethnicity the guy (or anyone else, for that matter) happens to be...he could be purple and I really wouldn't care. But the truth is that electing a guy just because we've never had an African-American as President is just downright stupidity. It's reckless endangerment of our entire country, and our future. Yet, that's exactly what we've done.

So back to the point, here--President-Elect Obama can put on all the airs and get photo-ops standing behind all the pseudo-presidential emblems he wants...it's transparent ego-centrism, and I'm not impressed.
    Build the Fence, THEN Kick Them Out.

Problem Solved.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCitizen

You're right, CloakedKnight...because naturally researching via internet search engines is SOOO much more reliable, accurate, and apparently self-assertive than reading articles put together by reputable journalists.
    In a word, yes. Unless you simply don't know how to do it. You really aren't able to grasp why using the internet to check multiple 'reputable journalists' as well as official government sources and other reference materials is better than relying on one? You think that one journalist knows everything? Apparently not, since they were proven completely wrong in this case.

You chose to rely on one 'reputable journalist' who turned out to be wrong. You were mislead for your trust. So much for your method.

I chose to search the internet to fact-check their assertion, and found the journalist was clearly wrong. Took a whopping 2 minutes. The law was right there on US Government websites, 'Presidential Transition Act of 1963', along with numerous newspaper articles from years ago mentioning the 'Office of the President Elect'. So my method proved to be right in getting at the facts. Do you get it now?

Ah, but the SIGN on the podium, yes that is a bit much for the man just elected to the highest office of the United States of America by the largest popular vote in history. A simple black and white sign from Kinkos might have been better. Or perhaps one made with crayons and construction paper. Or perhaps no sign at all, so many around the world might be confused about whether the man behind the podium was actually the current US President or not. Why be clear about who you are when the world is watching anyway? Such an arrogant, uppity black fellow, isn't he? Playing the part like he was just elected to be the next President of the United States or something, sheesh.

Seriously, Obama decided to have a sign made that is befitting the dignity of the country and the office he was just elected to, to be there for the many press-conferences to come before inauguration day. He put it there to clarify the position he is speaking from (which is not yet that of President). In a time of national crisis, while the sitting President has such low approval ratings and the public has no confidence in Bush, the people of the United States are already looking to Obama for leadership and some sense that action will be taken to turn things around. He is doing what he can within the confines of the law to help reassure the public that their new elected leader is already working for them, and is preparing to act as soon as possible.

If it were McCain or some Republican up there, some of you guys would be standing there applauding his sign and humming the national anthem while he spoke. But it's not McCain, and your bitterness at that fact is showing through in this snarky nitpicking over a sign. Give it a rest for awhile, and try to be a little more objective in the future.

I believe Obama may have won the largest popular vote of any democrat candidate since Johnson, but not the largest in history. Nixon won by about 60.7% in '72.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast