Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Welcome to Alipac CloakedKnight! What do you think Obama is going to do about illegal immigration? What would you like to see him do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayday
    Welcome to Alipac CloakedKnight! What do you think Obama is going to do about illegal immigration? What would you like to see him do?
    Ditto and welcome.

Thank you for taking the time out to instruct us.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's a maybe slight technical point, but Obama hasn't been elected yet. All we did was vote for or choose electors. The electors can actually elect anybody they choose. So until they have done their job, there is no President-elect, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    I believe Obama may have won the largest popular vote of any democrat candidate since Johnson, but not the largest in history. Nixon won by about 60.7% in '72.
    OK, but I didn't say percentage. I said largest popular vote. 66 million votes and probably still counting. Largest popular vote total in US history. Bush had the previous highest with 62 million.

Thanks. I would like to see him do far more than Bush.

EDIT: To answer your question more directly, my personal views on border security are more 'extreme' than many, and too much so for any Presidential candidate to fully satisfy. Securing our southern border is not just an immigration issue. I see the porous nature of our southern border to be a clear national security threat to the United States. If it takes many times the current number of Border patrol officers there, or the assistance of State National Guard troops operating within the confines of the law, then I am all for deploying them.

No, I do not want to see unarmed immigrants seeking work getting gunned down at the border, but they should be faced with such overwhelming force and the assurance of being caught, that they will not even attempt to sneak across. We could accomplish this for a fraction of the cost of employing all those 'security contractors' in Iraq, which in reality aren't doing much at all for our national security.

Quote Originally Posted by CloakedKnight
    Thanks. I would like to see him do far more than Bush. The American labor unions were important to Obama's win, so I think it is safe to say he has a mandate from them to follow through.
    Please explain. What's the mandate you think they've given him? And please tell us what you would like Obama to do about illegal immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by CloakedKnight
    Thanks. I would like to see him do far more than Bush. The American labor unions were important to Obama's win, so I think it is safe to say he has a mandate from them to follow through.
    Please explain. What's the mandate you think they've given him? And please tell us what you would like Obama to do about illegal immigration.
    There is a lot of infighting in the unions over this, but every non-hispanic union worker I know is in general agreement with me on this (see previous post edit), and most of them were campaigning for Obama. That's a topic for another thread and another day. I'm burned out right now, but I'll try to get back to this down the line.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123