Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Scooter Indicted

I wonder if he will get jail time?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

He will like the scandalous corporate fascists will.
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

He had BETTER get jail time. If Martha Stewart had to go to jail, Scooter Libby should SURE have to go for what he did.

Now, I'm patiently waiting for them to get a few more before he closes the investigation!!! WISHFUL THINKING???
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Exactly, Boots. If Bush pardons this creep, I say we riot. I could use a new TV set.

PLAME IS A SECRETARY! Democrats are trying to have her portrayed as if she's James Bond!

I agree that any grown man who goes by the name "Scooter" is probably a horse's ass. However, this is a pathetic attempt to "get back" at the Republicans for exposing Clinton to be the liar and pervert that he is.

They WANTED Rove, but they have to settle for "Scooter". So in other words, it doesn't matter. And he'll be found innocent anyway, because PLAME WAS A DESK BIMBO FOR SIX YEARS!!!! GET OVER IT LEFTIES! YOU ARE DEAD IN AMERICA!

Yes, we have a lame duck sitting at the head of our party. It doesn't change the fact that the left couldn't beat him in '0 and '04 with their best. Hillary is the last shot the left has.

GOOD LUCK! Ask her if she's decided whether or not she likes the Yankees or the Mets yet! HAHAHAHAHA!

WHOA HERE! I am NOT a LEFTIE. FAR FROM IT. AND, Valerie Plame was more than a secretary because even her neighbors and closest friends did NOT know she worked for the CIA. AND, there is no question that she had had covert status and, from what Fitzgerald reported, still had covert status. NOW, whether her cover had already been blown or not is in question.

BUT, here's the crux of the problem. Scooter Libby lied and impeded an investigation. Because of those lies, this investigation dragged on for two years at TAXPAYERS' expense. AND, he not only lied twice to FBI agents investigating the case, he lied TWICE UNDER OATH to the Grand Jury.

I cannot, for the life of me, see how you can excuse this behavior. If Martha Stewart can go to jail for lying ONCE to an FBI agent and not even under oath, Libby SURE should go to jail for what he did. AND, as I said on another thread--there is something very fishy about WHY a man as smart as Libby continued to lie. He is protecting SOMEBODY for something other than just discussing Valerie Plame. His discussion with Cheney about her was NOT ILLEGAL. A piece of this puzzle is still missing and I hope Fitzgerald gets to the bottom of this. There are three people higher up than Libby who could be the reason he would put himself in this kind of jeopardy--Cheney, Rover and the President.

When Bush took office in 2000, he made a very forceful statement. He said that he was going to "bring honesty and integrity back to the White House". Libby's lies are just one proveable example of MANY lies that have come out of this White House. I see NOTHING that resembles honesty and integrity in this White House.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

The prosecutor, Patrick Fitzgerald, is a Republican. He has been very careful and methodical to make sure he has the facts and a legitimate case. Due to the nature of the case, a federal grand jury actually handed down the indictments.

While much in DC is politicized, I do not believe this development is one of them.

Sooter Libby is an attorney, Chief of Staff 1 (I guess the Numero Uno) to the Vice President of the United States. Libby knows better than any citizen the obligation to tell the truth during FBI investigations and during questioning before a grand jury under oath. Our entire Justice System, our "Justice For All", depends on sworn testimony...the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God. If witnesses to investigations can lie their pants off, then our whole system of justice is in jeopardy. As an attorney, Libby knows this better than any of us. In addition, as an attorney licensed to practice and a member of the bar, he personally has chosen a career whose members have set a professional code of conduct even higher than that required of normal citizens.

In addition, attorneys are "officers of the court" which entitles them to rights we don't have as normal citizens and carries with that the obligation for absolute honesty in legal matters.

Furthermore, the President of the United States promised the American Public that he would investigate his staff which includes the staff of the Vice President and get to the bottom of the CIA leak.

Instead, it took two years, required a Special Prosecutor, a federal grand jury, and hundreds of thousands of dollars to get to the bottom of what was right under his nose, on his watch, in his face.

This issue of dishonesty is about War. The files on Plame weren't in the office of the Vice President for curiosity. They were to spy on her as the wife of Joe Wilson, who was sent to Niger on a mission to create an argument for War. When he couldn't substantitate that argument, then the files were gathered and the Chatty Catties Work began.

War--hundreds of billions of dollars of taxpayer money we don't even have yet to pay the bills now part of a national debt that future generations will have to pay.

War--over 2000 dead Americans and thousands more maimed and seriously injured.

War--pulling our nation apart; families experiencing a loss they will grieve for the rest of their lives; babies and children who will grow up without their Moms and Dads; spouses whose hearts will ache forever.

This is America, and WE don't lie about Wars or reasons to start them.

This is America, and WE don't pull classified files to investigate or out those in the service of the United States who won't "play ball" on those lies.

This is America, and WE don't jeopardize our CIA or employees of any other federal agency to discredit or endanger fellow Americans because they or their spouse gave our officials an honest report about purported threats to our national security.

This is America, and WE don't lie to ourselves or the world about threats that don't exist to justify an unprovoked invasion of another country.

The War in Iraq while a noble cause on the ground which has delivered to the Iraqi People a great gift of freedom was not about freedom for the Iraqi People. That has turned out to be a collateral advantage amidst all the collateral damage to this country. I supported the War.

I now support bringing our troops home immediately, leaving Special Forces to assist the Iraqi Police to root out the insurgents; establishing a base if the Iraqis would like for us to have one, and declaring Victory for the military mission which was to remove Saddam from power and WMDs from Iraq.

When Americans learn that the reason for invading Iraq was false, it means we are yet to learn the real reason Americans in good faith relying upon the words of the President of the United States committed American lives and billions of dollars to Iraq.

Any President that would lie to the nation day after day about this War is a President that can no longer be trusted. Any President who couldn't "root" out the CIA leak right under his nose, on his watch, in his face is a President that isn't telling us the truth about anything.

Our country is pulling apart at its seams, the very fabric of our way of life, our sovereignty, our security, our freedom, our liberty, our Justice For All is unravelling before our very eyes.

Fixing this problem has to start somewhere.

And that's what the federal grand jury decided to do.

A federal grand jury consists of Americans, Fellow Americans, Citizens...like all of US...Republicans and Democrats and Independents.

This indictment is our System working to protect all of US.

Is it something to celebrate? No. There is no joy in the stark reality of what this indictment means and where it will lead.

Is it necessary? Absolutely and long over due.

5 Americans were killed in Iraq day before yesterday, and 4 more yesterday. More will die today or tomorrow. Each day little by little the death count rises and more and more of our best Citizens are lost to US Forever.

We've over-extended the Mission. Our troops have done an outstanding and amazing job and delivered a great gift to the people of Iraq. But it was time to come home in victory months ago. Now, the Iraqis are running us out of the Palaces and holding marches to demand a time-table for our exit.

We've over-stayed our Welcome. And, as we know We weren't invited over for dinner to begin with and had no provocation to break in.

The indictments against Libby begin a legal investigative process that will one day tell us the truth about this War, this Presidency, and how America lost control of its government that was elected, appointed and paid to serve the people of the United States according to a Rule of Law that chose not to.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Couldn't have said it better myself, Judy. One correction--that investigation cost MILLIONS of dollars and would NOT have had Libby told the truth in the first place. Also, it's worth mentioning that Judith Miller went to JAIL to protect his ass. AND HE ALLOWED IT. HE STILL continued to lie and deceive the FBI and the Grand Jury. There is a lot more to this case than meets the eye. Fitzgerald kind of went out of his way, yesterday, to say this wasn't about the war in Iraq. Well, if it wasn't, it SHOULD have been because that was what caused the problem in the first place.

As for Iraq--I wouldn't bet that we have created a democracy there yet. I still wouldn't be one bit surprised to see a civil war erupt because the Sunni's are just not going to be satisfied with their limited role in the government after living high on the hog under Saddam. But, you're right--we need to bring the troops home and tell them in Iraq to sink or swim. It's not their fault that we waltzed in and destroyed their country and it's too bad that they have to pay the price but they can use that oil money which our PRESIDENT assured US would pay for the war and, so far, it sure has NOT.

Scooter Libby should not be excused if, in fact, the allegations are true. And, he should not be let off the hook if he is still protecting someone higher up. It is when these pundits start minimizing the seriousness of these charges that our government fails. Judy is so right--this is the system upon which our government was built and this system MUST function in order to prevent failure of our whole system of government.
    It is just hard for me to stomach the excuses I'm hearing today. Wrong is WRONG and RIGHT WRONGS NO MAN. What Mr. Libby did has wronged many people.

Yes Indeedy, it has wronged many people including Americans, Iraqis and all the countries who sent troops to assist us and lost their citizens too.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

When Lou Dobbs retires I hope CNN will hire Judy. Actually, they should give her a show of her own right now!

A civil was is inevitable in Iraq. It has to happen and I believe it has already started. We couldn't stop it if we tried. They need to war with each other and sort things out for themselves.

There is no reason for us to stay. It is a Muslim part of the world and we will always be Christian invaders in their eyes.

Rove, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Bush should all be indicted!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast