Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/0,4 ... 04,00.html

Recognize diversity. It's a mistake to treat Cuban, Puerto Rican, Mexican and Central and South American immigrants alike, because family size, education and income levels differ. For example, Mexicans have the largest families and Cubans the smallest. There are language differences as well. In Puerto Rico, beans are "habichuelas," but in Central America they're "frijoles." When creating your Spanish-language campaign, it's a good idea to use an agency that specializes in Latino marketing. The Association of Hispanic Advertising Agencies offers a searchable database of agencies. Proceed carefully. Even a well-known product name or slogan may need to be modified. When the American Dairy Association wanted to extend the popular "Got Milk?" campaign into Mexico, it found the Spanish translation was "Are you lactating?"

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    Welcome, NoIllegalsAllowed! We are glad to have you here at ALIPAC.

Excellent suggetions. Even old codgers like me who took some language other than Spanish in school could do that. It might be worth learning a couple phrases just to make it sound good.

And, by the way, I got a new vacuum that I've been wanting forever for Christmas and the instructions weren't in English and Spanish like most things are, they were in English and French!

Having lived overseas where all instruction manuals are thick in several different languages and scripts, then coming here where instruction manuals are sometimes ONLY in Spanish, it was quite a surprise to see it without. I'd suspect that someone swiped the Spanish version if it weren't for the fact that it was all in one book.
    Well that since lots of things we have here in America are also sold in the French speaking Canadian province of Quebec.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnB2012
    http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/0,4621,308704,00.html

Recognize diversity. It's a mistake to treat Cuban, Puerto Rican, Mexican and Central and South American immigrants alike, because family size, education and income levels differ. For example, Mexicans have the largest families and Cubans the smallest. There are language differences as well. In Puerto Rico, beans are "habichuelas," but in Central America they're "frijoles." When creating your Spanish-language campaign, it's a good idea to use an agency that specializes in Latino marketing. The Association of Hispanic Advertising Agencies offers a searchable database of agencies. Proceed carefully. Even a well-known product name or slogan may need to be modified. When the American Dairy Association wanted to extend the popular "Got Milk?" campaign into Mexico, it found the Spanish translation was "Are you lactating?"
    I was just showing you thats what companies are thinking now...
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Walk into Sears and you're walking into another country. Don't shop at Sears at all costs. FIND another store for things you might normally buy at Sears. Did you know that KMart bought Sears ? You'd think it would have been the opposite, but that happened recently. Don't shop at either.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In this city where 75% of the store clerks speak Spanish, it wouldn't make much sense for me to stop shopping at K-Mart--the only store left where they still sell stuff that was actually made in the USA. LOL

I won't shop at WalMart if I can possibly avoid it because they turned me down for low-wage job because I don't speak Spanish yet they hire people who don't speak English.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"I won't shop at WalMart if I can possibly avoid it because they turned me down for low-wage job because I don't speak Spanish yet they hire people who don't speak English."

One of my brothers is a nurse and he worked for a health-care company on a temporary basis, taking care of both English-speaking and Spanish-speaking patients. When he applied for a permanent position, he was turned down because he didn't speak Spanish "fluently." He pointed out that he had been taking care of the Spanish-speaking patients without any problems. He has lived and worked in San Antonio, Texas for about 25 years.

I mentioned a visit to a foreign-born doctor and I couldn't understand a word he said because he was from India or Pakistan and he could not speak English well enough to be understood, period. This doctor's inability to speak English fluently didn't stop a major hospital in Louisville, Kentucky from hiring and employing him.

Quote Originally Posted by hueygunner
    "I won't shop at WalMart if I can possibly avoid it because they turned me down for low-wage job because I don't speak Spanish yet they hire people who don't speak English."

One of my brothers is a nurse and he worked for a health-care company on a temporary basis, taking care of both English-speaking and Spanish-speaking patients. When he applied for a permanent position, he was turned down because he didn't speak Spanish "fluently." He pointed out that he had been taking care of the Spanish-speaking patients without any problems. He has lived and worked in San Antonio, Texas for about 25 years.

I mentioned a visit to a foreign-born doctor and I couldn't understand a word he said because he was from India or Pakistan and he could not speak English well enough to be understood, period. This doctor's inability to speak English fluently didn't stop a major hospital in Louisville, Kentucky from hiring and employing him.
    hueygunner

welcome to ALIPAC.
    If they can not speak english in the USA they will not be treating me. Sorry I want the doctor to be able to tell me the problem. To much can be lost with the use of a translator.

When he applied for a permanent position, he was turned down because he didn't speak Spanish "fluently." He pointed out that he had been taking care of the Spanish-speaking patients without any problems. He has lived and worked in San Antonio, Texas for about 25 years
    Welcome Hueygunner!

To me, that kind of stuff is blatant discrimination but since it is directed aganist Americans, it goes by unnoticed. I could probably speak enough Spanish to carry on a conversation if I absolutely had to but I don't have to, so I'm not going to.

Sears and Craftsman products

Sears who used to proudly proclaim their Craftsman products were made in America, have now joined the treasonous multitude and now have most of their formerly trusted and quality made tools made in China. Now they want to cater to slugs too lazy, stupid, and disrespectful to learn the language of the country they live in, most illegally. When is Sears going to post sales notices and information in French, Russian, or Chinese characters? I guess they only give a damn about some immigrants. Screw Sears, I mean China's newest warehouse and Mexico's shopping center.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12