Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trans Texas Corridor TTC Videos

08.01.06 – CorridorWatch.org MEMBER NEWS
    Have you seen the Waco and Temple television news coverage?
    If not, we have links on CorridorWatch.org – Check It Out!
    WACO: http://www.kcentv.com/video/7-24/mon/meeting2_724.wmv

TEMPLE:
    http://ww2.kwtx.com/global/video/popup/ ... 4&H1=TXDOT

I was able to watch the first video. It has a computer generated example of the TCC in a clip. Might give you an idea of how big it is. I did not see the second video because the daughter is hogging our download resources.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note: The Fort Worth Mayor was a member of the Texas State Legislature, before becoming mayor. He knows how the transportation system in Texas once worked.

Things don't look any better on the Fort Worth side of the Metroplex.

Read what the Ft.Worth Mayor had to say in June:
    "TxDOT's understanding of the new CDA approach to road building is that
    local branches of government and the Legislature are no longer part of
    the process. According to the TxDOT view, once an agreement is made
    with a private partner, TxDOT and the provider alone are empowered to
    makes decisions concerning road alignments. This is a staggering change
    from the way we have historically made these decisions. These projects are
    too important to not allow the citizens to participate through their
    various voices in government. This is a fundamental issue of the
    separation of powers and checks and balances in the system. I have had the
    unique honor of serving the citizens of Fort Worth and Tarrant County as
    county judge, state senator and now mayor of Fort Worth. What I have
    learned through serving in these various capacities is that this
    fundamental issue of separation of powers should not so casually be cast aside.
    Every level of government has a unique perspective, which serves !
    to express the complex voice of our citizenry." - Ft. Worth Mayor Mike
    Moncrief (Ft. Worth Star-Telegram, June 18, 2006)

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?

Transportation Chairman Ric Williamson is proud that they have pushed
    the TTC through the legislature quickly and effectively trampling public
    input and transportation officials across the state. Read what the
    Chairman said:

"The Governor did ask us to move quickly and as I have a personal
    relationship with the Governor, I can speak with [for] him in this regard.
    Once the Governor decided that this is where we needed to head, he
    wanted to remove it from the political flow of the state, he wanted it to
    become policy as opposed to politics, and that was one of the reasons he
    asked us to move so fast, and we've done an admirable job" - Chairman
    Ric Williamson, Texas Transportation Commission meeting (June 27, 2002).

The "political flow of the state" the Governor wants to avoid is the
    very process that allows for self-governance. It is the process that
    allows the citizens and their representatives to debate public policy and
    reach informed decisions through consensus. It is the stuff of which a
    democracy in made. -- CorridorWatch.org
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for the links. I was only able to watch the first one. I'm not surprised but I didn't see or hear anything tying these massives road structures to SPP, NAFTA or "Open Borders"?
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Dixie,
    That was an interesting video. Looks like the TTC has plenty of people interested and involved. Don't recall hearing of anyone for it, just many opposed and some not sure. Is this making big news now in Texas?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Lots of people are against it. I've heard frist hand from people going to the meetings and almost everyone attending is mad about the corridor. I don't know how they can put it in with all the opposition.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

TTC-35 Meets Opposition Around State

By David Anderson
    ASSOCIATE EDITOR

CLIFTON — It appears that the crowd the Texas Transportation Commission and the Texas Department of Transportation faced in Bosque County was not an anomaly. Public meetings across the state are being filled with opposition to the Trans Texas Corridor’s TTC-35 routes.

In Clifton Wednesday, July 19, an estimated 400-plus packed the Clifton High School cafetorium to issue a resounding “no thanks” to TTC-35 running through Bosque County. An open house and public hearing hosted by the Texas Department of Transportation and the Texas Transportation Commission ran into unanimous opposition locally, and citizens almost as strongly opposed the entire project statewide.

The meeting was one of 54 scheduled from July 10 through Aug. 10, with most of those already held. Newspaper accounts from various cities reveal that Texans seem to be unified in their voice against the project.
    In Cameron on Tuesday, July 18, nearly 150 attended, with about 20 persons speaking publicly. All but one of those speakers expressed opposition.

Angry residents throughout Williamson County packed the auditorium at Taylor High School Tuesday, July 25, expressing strong disapproval with the corridor.

A public meeting in Giddings on Wednesday, March 9, had some 600 in attendance, and the majority were opposed to the Corridor going through Lee County.

More than 350 people attended the Thursday, July 13, meeting at Hill College in Hillsboro, and the local paper noted that “the presentation apparently didn’t sway any of the 30 or so people who signed up to speak during the hearing.”

McGregor’s meeting on Monday, July 17, broke into applause constantly as the consensus of the citizens who spoke was a resounding “no” to the projects.

Around 1,500 people attended the Wednesday, July 26, session in Temple. One speaker requested a show of hands of those who opposed the corridor, and all but 11 persons raised their hand.

Waco saw about 1,000 attend that Monday, July 24, gathering, and the Waco paper reported that “the crowd applauded as speaker after speaker blasted the Trans-Texas Corridor.”

Cleburne had its meeting Wednesday, July 12, and although the turnout was described as light, all 14 speakers voiced opposition to the TTC-35 route.

Fannin and Cooke County residents met in Gainesville and Bonham Monday and Tuesday, July 10-11, and the consensus there was that the TTC-35 is not welcome in both places.

Waxahachie saw more than 200 gather Wednesday, July 12, with many saying they not only didn’t want the TTC in their area, they didn’t want the project at all.

In Weatherford Thursday, July 13, no one spoke in favor of the project, and about 150 attended the hearing.

Public comments will be accepted on TTC-35 through Monday, Aug. 21. Written public comments can be sent to TxDOT (TTC-35), 125 East 11th Street, Austin, TX 78701, or on-line .

http://cliftonrecord.com/news.asp?iArt=6
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

cof

Video of Clifton TTC meeting , also Tarrant/Parker/Bell/

McClennan, Johnson and Hood. Some audio as well here
    http://salon.glenrose.net/somnewsttc.asp

Clifton was packed-Bell County (Temple) had over 1400 people show up-almost overwhelmingly against. Seems like the only people that are for it are some politicians or business people who stand to profit.

Call your congressperson today and tell them to STOP the TTC.

Welcome cof!

We all know that this is just the start of the FTAA and uniting the US, Canada and Mexico into one EU like Union.

Keep yelling folks.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Welcome cof!
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson