Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

VIDEO: Hayworth vs Gutierrez on 'Meet the Press'

I saw the live interview and David Gregory slandered the Arizona law and pollice officers claiming they would racial profile regardless of the law.

the interview on TV starts approximately 26 minutes after the hour

video should be available shortly.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032608/

Easier link to this interview...Guttey...terrorist... seems to be telling the student not to go home he is a traitor tho this Country and needs to be arrested for not following the Law...he says deep roots here... right that is why they send their money home to Mexico and s---t on this Country and it;s laws......good interview Hayworth

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032608/#37423749

or

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032608/ns/ ... s#37423749

Kathyet

Politico
    May 30, 2010
    Right, Left Pan Obama Border Plan

Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) said Sunday that President Barack Obama has so far lacked the "political will" and "political courage" to resolve the contentious issue of illegal immigration.

The liberal Chicago congressman and conservative former Rep. J.D. Hayworth, running for the Senate in Arizona, seemed to agree on one thing, though for very different reasons, in a joint interview on NBC's Meet the Press Sunday: The president's plan to send as many as 1,200 National Guard troops to the Arizona border is more political than practical.

For Hayworth, the troop level is too low to keep illegal immigrants out of the country. For Gutierrez, sending troops to the border is an easy political act that ignores significant questions of what to do with immigrants currently in the country illegally.

"I think the President has to understand that simple political soundbites is not what the American people want. They want practical solutions. He knows what the solution is to this issue. He has to demonstrate the political will and the political courage to take it on," Gutierrez said. "Does the president have the will? He hasn’t demonstrated it this week because what he does is respond easily by sending 1,200 troops."

Hayworth, engaged in an uphill fight to unseat Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz). in a primary, called the troop levels "woefully inadequate."

"Because this is a question of national security, I think this notion of 1,200 guardsmen is woefully inadequate," Hayworth said. "This is cosmetic. It is ineffective because 1,200 guardsmen across four states, do the math, that’s 300 guardsmen per state."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/politicol ... ation.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Luis is such a weasel. Now he's implying that all illegals will immediately register and become good taxpaying citizen raising good American children if only we have amnesty. I loved the part about stopping a Hispanic veteran who doesn't have his papers because he was playing soccer. Well, if he's walking no problem, if he's driving he has the responsibility to carry his driver's license, and if he has it, also no problem. It's nothing that American citizens of all color aren't required to do.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    Luis is such a weasel. Now he's implying that all illegals will immediately register and become good taxpaying citizen raising good American children if only we have amnesty. I loved the part about stopping a Hispanic veteran who doesn't have his papers because he was playing soccer. Well, if he's walking no problem, if he's driving he has the responsibility to carry his driver's license, and if he has it, also no problem. It's nothing that American citizens of all color aren't required to do.
    Why would he be stopped if he was playing soccor???

Kathyet

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37386954/ns ... ss/page/3/

MR. GREGORY: And we are back, talking about a nation divided over immigration, joined now by the chair of the immigration task force for the Democratic Caucus, Illinois Congressman Luis Gutierrez, and Republican senatorial candidate for the state of Arizona, former congressman from Arizona, J.D. Hayworth.

Welcome, both of you.

You've been debating this for years, even on this program, and yet we still don't have comprehensive reform. We do this week, however, Congressman, have news from the administration. They are going to send down 1,200 additional National Guard troops to the Southwest border. You have called this sound bite-driven politics. Does it make any difference to send all those troops down there?

REP. LUIS GUTIERREZ (D-IL): I think, in the absence of a holistic approach to comprehensive immigration reform, it really isn't going to solve the problem. I think you've probably been to a graduation or two. So have I. We know that thousands of those students that come here on student visas aren't going home. It's summer. We see all the tourists here in Washington, D.C. We know that thousands of those tourists aren't going home. We know that there are workers that come here on temporary work permits; we know they're not all going home. Forty percent of all the undocumented workers, our undocumented population, came here legally to this country and have overstayed their visas. So even if you shut down the border, it isn't going to answer the total question. So what I'm proposing is that we look at it from a holistic perspective.

MR. GREGORY: All right. Well...

REP. GUTIERREZ: I understand the frustration at the border, I understand that the border is a necessary component; but in and of itself, doesn't solve the problem.

MR. GREGORY: You're in a tough primary fight with John McCain, Senator McCain, who wants 6,000 additional troops down at the border. I mean, if you look at this dispatch from The Washington Post today, the first paragraph talks about 687 illegal immigrants in a 24-hour period last week. Is 1,200 enough? Is it neither now there in terms of a response?

FMR. REP. J.D. HAYWORTH (R-AZ): David, let me begin on the point of unanimity...

MR. GREGORY: Yeah.

REP. HAYWORTH: ...because this is a contentious question. I know we all want to pause and give thanks for those who gave the last full measure of devotion this Memorial Day weekend. And because this is a question of national security, I think this notion of 1,200 Guardsmen is woefully inadequate. When you go back and check the press accounts, we hear that actually the president of Mexico and the government of Mexico, not content on lecturing the state of Arizona and the majority of American citizens from a joint session of Congress, now instructed the State Department, "Hey, if you're sending people there, don't have them enforce immigration laws." So what we are seeing right now is a situation where you will have troops essentially working to maintain border patrol vehicles, change oil, change tires, or work in the office dealing with computers. This is cosmetic. It is ineffective because 1,200 Guardsmen across four states, do the math.

MR. GREGORY: Right.

REP. HAYWORTH: That's 300 Guardsmen per state.

MR. GREGORY: But from your point of view, then, is it simply a question of how many troops? Would more be better?

REP. HAYWORTH: Well, it--absolutely.

MR. GREGORY: OK.

REP. HAYWORTH: And like the book I wrote years ago, "Whatever It Takes," the numbers necessary. Look, we are dealing with a national security crisis here, not just Mexicans coming across the border...

MR. GREGORY: All right.

REP. HAYWORTH: ...but we're dealing with others.

MR. GREGORY: Well, but let's look at it in a bigger context.

REP. HAYWORTH: Yeah.

MR. GREGORY: This was the scene in Phoenix, where you live, a massive protest. They were expecting on order of 20,000 protesters yesterday protesting the Arizona law, protesting in favor of a more comprehensive approach. And that's my question for both of you.

And Congressman Hayworth, I'll start with you. How do you talk about securing the border only and not deal with this in a comprehensive way, dealing with the fact that you've got two things: some 12 million illegal immigrants in the country; and a culture in America where we're at once saying, "Stop at the border, but please keep coming because we need the labor."

REP. HAYWORTH: No, I, I would challenge a couple of points of the premise of your question. But first of all, Americans understand that comprehensive immigration reform is a poll-tested phrase that essentially means "amnesty." People want to see the laws enforced. To paraphrase Mr. Justice Brandeis, when the government itself supports lawlessness, you end up with anarchy. And the fact is, we need not only to enforce the border, we need interior enforcement. And let's take it away from the border for a second, David, to, to the major cities in the Northeast. For example, in New York City, a policy was adopted called the "broken windows" theory of policing, where you enforce the law for infractions no matter how seemingly minor and, as a result, overall crime drops. Now, the sad fact is Luis--and I've got it documented in the book--said he didn't like the term "amnesty" because it applied forgiveness. We've appeared in different forums, and to this day, Luis has never answered the question, do you believe crossing the border, Luis, is not an illegal act when it's on the books that, in fact, it is illegal?

MR. GREGORY: Well, the, the, the--but the question--I don't think there's a question that it's illegal. It's, it's also a matter of practicality and political will. Are you going to start deporting 12 million people back? There's never been the political will to do that.

But answer the question, Congressman. Whatever this congressman says about whether that's just a poll-tested phrase, there is such a thing as comprehensive immigration reform that deals with a legal path to citizenship for those who are already here...

REP. GUTIERREZ: Sure.

MR. GREGORY: ...reflecting the fact that you can't just deport 12 million people back to Mexico.

REP. GUTIERREZ: Sure.

MR. GREGORY: How do you secure one without pursuing the other?

REP. GUTIERREZ: First of all, what you need is a comprehensive approach to it. Because here's what I say, we have a magnet, their jobs. So, listen, I got a driver's license, it has my photo on it. I have a passport, and when I go in and out of the country, the government swipes that passport and it says, "OK, Luis, you're ready to come in. You're authorized." Why can't we have a Social Security card with a picture on it, so when you go get a job you swipe it? And if employers don't use that card issued by the government to authorize you before you go to work, we send those employers to jail. So we can be tough and stop the magnet of the jobs. But at the same time, let's be realistic. My friend J.D. simply wants them to disappear, as though this is the latest installment of a "Harry Potter" series. They're not going to disappear. They have deep roots in their communities, they're here. So what I want to do is be fair and practical at the same time and resolve the issue of the undocumented status of workers here in this country.

MR. GREGORY: Let, let's show--yeah.

REP. GUTIERREZ: So what--if I could...

MR. GREGORY: Yeah.

REP. GUTIERREZ: What I'd like to do, because--is, is simply do this. That little girl, that little second grade girl who asked the first lady, "What about my mommy and her papers?" I want to say to that mother, "Come and register with the government. Give us--go through a background check. Pay a fine. Go to the back of the line. Learn English. Make sure you learn all about our country. Be the best American worker you can be so that you can raise the best American citizen child." And when that young little second grader is an adult, she can say, "My country stood by my mother, by me, and cherished our family and our family values."

MR. GREGORY: And here's--the Arizona law reflected a lot of frustration in Arizona, in the government, that federal laws were not being enforced to stop the flow across the border, which I alluded to just a moment ago. And here's a political reality. We put our recent poll up on the screen. Sixty-one percent of those polled support that law. Do you understand the frustration in Arizona?

REP. GUTIERREZ: Absolutely. And their frustration is that the federal government has not assumed its rightful and obligatory responsibility to have our immigration laws enforced in this country. But if you ask those same people, "Well, do you agree with Luis that we should go after employers and make sure that they go to jail if they hire undocumented workers?" they say yes. "Do you agree with Luis that we should charge those people a fine and make them right with the law and make sure that they learn English and that we bring them"--if you ask those same people, "Are you frustrated with the immigration laws? Do you really think this is going to reduce crime?" They tell you, "No, we really don't think it's going to reduce crime."

MR. GREGORY: Right.

REP. GUTIERREZ: What we really do--what we really want to do is send the message to the federal government. They've sent the message. I understand their frustration. Their frustration is real. But what I don't want to allow is to continue to exploit that frustration, right, with simple sound bites and not give a solution. I have a solution that will solve...

MR. GREGORY: OK.

REP. GUTIERREZ: ...the undocumented status of people here in this country...

MR. GREGORY: Let, let me--Congressman...

REP. GUTIERREZ: ...and illegal immigration.

MR. GREGORY: And the big issue--we both got our copy of the bill, and make no mistake, I have read it, OK? And we can go through that.

REP. GUTIERREZ: Yes.

REP. HAYWORTH: You've got the House version, I've got the Senate version here.

MR. GREGORY: And we can go through that. OK. Well, I've got both, actually, right in front of me.

REP. HAYWORTH: Good. OK.

MR. GREGORY: And I know about the amendments from one to the other. The big issue here, let's get right into the center of it, is this an invitation for racial profiling? And we can both turn, because I'm sure you'll quote it if I don't, to the relevant section which is that basically, I'm paraphrasing here, a police officer may not consider race, color, or national origin in the enforcement of this section except to the extent permitted by the United States or Arizona Constitution. It's right there in the law. It says no profiling. But let me ask you a practical question, if you're driving down the street in Phoenix and you're going too fast and a cop pulls you over, and if you're doing the same and a cop pulls you over, what else are they going to look at besides the fact that he's Hispanic to ask him whether he has his papers and he's here legally?

REP. HAYWORTH: Now, David, you set up a situation. Let's talk about the commonality of the experience. First of all, Luis and I are remarkably safe drivers. But we're dealing with a hypothetical here. If we were pulled over for speeding, the first request from a law enforcement professional would be to see our license, registration, and proof of insurance. Now, in some overheated political rhetoric, some people are saying, "Oh, they're asking for your papers." The fact is, and I'll quote right back to you, what it says at the conclusion of the Senate bill, "This act shall be implemented in a manner consistent with federal laws regulating immigration, protecting the civil rights of all persons, and respecting the privileges and immunities of United States citizens." What has happened here is there's been a concerted effort to shift this from a question of enforcement, which is a sound public policy priority we should have. It has now been changed, they're trying to shift this to a question of ethnicity and ethnic profiling, thinking there is some political benefit to be gained. That is not the case, and I believe law enforcement professionals will do well.

MR. GREGORY: So no, no, Congressman, no risk of profiling, as you heard the congressman talk about?

REP. GUTIERREZ: Well, here's what's going to happen. The fact is that Latinos have lived in the state of Arizona before it was the state of Arizona. There are families that go back generation after generation. And yes, it is Memorial Day tomorrow, and here's what's going to happen. There's going to be a group of guys that are going to play the soccer game. They're going to be coming home. Someone calls on the phone and says, "There's a disturbance," and they're going to ask somebody, "Do you have your documents?" "Well, hey, I was out playing soccer, so I didn't bring my papers with me. But by the way, I served in Afghanistan, I served in Iraq, and because of that they expedited my citizenship papers. Can you come by my house so I can show? Will that do?" That's what's going to happen. You're going to ask men and women who have served this nation for their papers merely because of the color of their skin. They've paid the highest price, they've paid the highest tax, they've shown their devotion, their love for this country, and this country should do nothing to set them apart and to distinguish them as a criminal element. And that's the practicality of what's going to happen.

Look, the fact is that the Latino community feels besieged upon. It feels as though the finger-pointing is against them, that somehow they're a criminal element. But that's not new. Look, there have been distinctions--the Germans in Pennsylvania, the Irish in Massachusetts, the Italians in New York. There's always been. Let's stop that finger-pointing. Let's get real solutions to our, to, to our immigration problem, to our immigration crisis that we have in this country. So what I want to say is, look, we've all walked into the store. You want to talk about racial--OK, we've all walked in, we've seen the person washing dishes. We've seen the person in the stroller strolling the kids as we go off to work. We've seen who picks our, our fruit and who does our agricultural work. Instead of simply looking at them, why don't we say, "I'm not going to look at you. I want to make you a taxpayer. I want to make you right with the law. I want to teach you English."

MR. GREGORY: All right. But...

REP. GUTIERREZ: "I want to make you the best American I can."

MR. GREGORY: ...let's stay on this. So, Congressman Hayworth, are you not concerned that just as this country has done, unfortunately, in the name of a national crisis in the past, during World War II, that there will not be excesses? That there will not be a denial of simple civil rights? The law can say everything it wants. You know that what happens in practice is what actually matters here, and this is a pretty hotly contested issue. And, and people are getting hot under the collar all over the state of Arizona and the country.

REP. HAYWORTH: I think it's important to deal with reality rather than fancy--fanciful tales of what if. I respect the notion that freedom isn't free. Luis and I understand this Memorial Day weekend, so many fought and died for that. But, also, we don't breed a culture of convenience. We breed a culture of law and order. And I dare say that people are pleased to show, when, when called upon as, as law-abiding American citizens, that they're here legally. But understand, law enforcement professionals are undergoing training to make sure the law is applied in a just manner. The fact is where we've gotten into trouble, David, is a failure of our government to enforce existing law.

REP. HAYWORTH: All Arizona is saying is let's enforce the laws on the books, and that's what we're working to do.

MR. GREGORY: A final question to each of you on the politics of this.

Congressman, you're in a, as I mentioned, in a primary battle with Senator McCain. You have acknowledged in that book that you've held up a couple of times that going back to 2001 you actually believed in a guest worker program. You believed in a path towards citizenship, which you now call amnesty. Senator McCain was a champion of comprehensive reform with Senator Kennedy back during the Bush administration. But he's also been a pretty consistent supporter of additional resources on the border. How does your position really differ from his?

REP. HAYWORTH: Well, it differs profoundly, because what happened 9/11 helped the scales fall from my eyes. I understand that national security is border security, and I understand that we must enforce the laws. You're right, what Mr. McCain offers is first, for political consumption, a get tough policy on the border, but then, again, he wants to bring back amnesty. And would remind the viewers that in the 2007 bill with the late Senator Kennedy, the Heritage Foundation estimated that long-term retirement benefits alone for illegals granted citizenship would be $2.6 trillion. So much for fiscal responsibility from my opponent.

MR. GREGORY: But just, just to be fair, you are on--at odds with Senator McCain on this, with former President Bush...

REP. HAYWORTH: Oh, yes.

MR. GREGORY: ...and a lot of other Republicans who don't agree with your characterization that it's amnesty. Just to be clear.

REP. HAYWORTH: No. But the bottom line is this, this is not a partisan question, this is not a question of right vs. left, it's right vs. wrong. And apart from party distinction, Americans want to see laws enforced, and they don't want to see amnesty.

MR. GREGORY: All right. Final point for you, Congressman Gutierrez. You were arrested in front of the White House recently, you've been critical of the White House in their handling of this. Does President Obama--this is the picture on May 1st of you being arrested in front of the White House--do you believe President Obama has the political will to make immigration reform, in a comprehensive way, a priority? I mean a real priority.

REP. GUTIERREZ: I think he's going to need to do that. And I think...

MR. GREGORY: And he's not there yet, in your mind?

REP. GUTIERREZ: I, I don't think he's there yet. And I think the president has to understand that simple political sound bites is not what the American people want. They want practical solutions. He knows what the solution is to this issue. He has to demonstrate the political will and the political courage to take it on. Let me just suggest once again, look, it is a bipartisan issue. I worked with Senator McCain and Senator Kennedy. I introduced the bill in the House with Congressman Flake and Congressman Kolbe, a comprehensive bill. So it does exist. What doesn't exist is the political will to--and the American people, you know what they say to me? They say, "Put aside the exploitation of our anger and our frustration. Give us sensible, practical solutions." I have one. I'm going to send employers to jail. I'm going to give everybody an ID so that they're right with the law. I'm going to make sure they pay taxes and get right with the law. Does the president have the will? He hasn't demonstrated it this week because what he does is respond easily by sending 1,200 troops. It's a good beginning but we see the rejection. Because there are those who only want to look at this from the state of Arizona's perspective. It's a national problem.

REP. HAYWORTH: That's it precisely. That's precisely...

REP. GUTIERREZ: And only the federal government can resolve it.

MR. GREGORY: OK. I'm going, I'm going to make that the last word. To be continued.

REP. GUTIERREZ: Thank you.

REP. HAYWORTH: Oh...

MR. GREGORY: To be continued--I know. Thank you both very much for being here.

REP. GUTIERREZ: Thank you.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37386954/ns ... ss/page/3/

i like how The pro amnesty side never really goes into the issue of costs of making 12 million more like 20 million people citizens .. nor do they ever address the fact that with 15 million americans out of work , we could CREATE work by deporting people ...

We've appeared in different forums, and to this day, Luis has never answered the question, do you believe crossing the border, Luis, is not an illegal act when it's on the books that, in fact, it is illegal?
    Noticed the weasel just sat there making a face and offered NO ANSWER yet again.

GR
    Gutierrez is a sleaze bag who is one thing - an advocate for his race - and that is all he is.

Gutierrez likes hearing himself talk-the-talk, sell-the-sell, bull-the-bull, and never stop talking about his agenda until the segment is over and/or they go to commercial.

That way his opponents have NO TIME to speak about what a majority of Americans want for "we the people's" nation of the USA.

One race racist Janet Murguia, the la raza (THE race) president, does this too. She's such a prize - remember the threat to sue all the cable channels? Yeah, that worked huh?

Back to "one race/his race" racist Guterrez, how does someone like that get into office, and then keeps getting into office?

Gutierrez said it all when he first spoke on this video how he rattled off each segment of students, workers, etc who he prefaced with "we know" are coming to America, over staying their visas, and not going back.

Hence, he's aware (aiding and abetting) his race is coming into America with the specific purpose of flooding America's population (repopulating America) with no one else but their race.

Gutierrez is literally getting away with aiding and abetting his race to repopulate the USA.

He only speaks about a COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM, because he knows full well that most illegal aliens can NEVER be American citizens for a variety of reasons - steps they took - that earned them felony status.

Felons can NEVER be legal American citizens!