Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

VIDEO: Lou Dobbs vs Paul Waldman of Media Matters

Good ole Lou took the guy from Media Matters to LUNCH

THIS is the news conference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b54NrD1E ... re=related

Media Matters Action Network
    1625 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 300,
    Washington, DC 20036
    (202) 756-4100 phone

Waldman doesn't have a leg to stand on . Got talking up the CHC is Racist in my book . Those Latino Congress people all Dem's lead by a Crook Baca . Work for one thing only , Latinos . Yet they sit in the American Governments Congress . How sick is that ? IMO , very sick . They don't work at all for the White race and yet they send this scum to be their mouth piece . I wish Lou would rail on la raza like that when Janet the mouth is in the chair
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

This Paul Waldman says, in no way is there any movement is in the works for Latinos to move into America and take it back or take it over! Damn it is so funny everywhere I go I have to deal with the Spanish language in the stores over loud speakers and on the ATM machines and phone centers,and yes even dealing with credit cards or banking information.

AMERICA is DIVERSE! But kind of funny that there is one Spanish speaking society that evidentally refuse the use the ENGLISH language for whatever reason! I would think more in protest. ( of course NAFTA had a role in it also)Last I looked there were approximately 179 countries that use ENGLISH as there language.

With all the GOOD words this Paul Waldman had to say I would imagine these illegals are a FRESH BREATH of HOPE for AMERICA!!!...RIGHT
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I watched it last night and wanted to punch the guy. He NEVER answered any of Lou's questions and talked over him in that calm, tranquilizer voice he has. He's a hate monger! He was not fair in the report and slanted everything his own evil agenda way. Him and that female La Raza twit are drinking from the same Kool-Aid glass. Lou needs to take out a full page in NYT or Washington Times and annihilate them in words where he can't be interrupted. He gives me more reason to want illegals to leave this country!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Attack on Lou Dobbs

The only myth & urban legend is in Waldman's mind. Dont blame Lou Dobbs if 99% of illegal immigration issues (with supporting data!) are negative!
    (I dont know how even 1% could be positive!) I find that most people against Lou Dobbs are either illegal themselves or have something to gain from the illegal invasion. Since when is breaking the law something to be portrayed in a positive light and to be "balanced out" with proper news reporting?
    Illegal is illegal! Paul W. appeared to be representing some of the pro illegal alien coalitions. I found his rigid stance arrogant, uninformed, sophomoric, rude and blatantly adversarial.

Illegal is illegal!
    This is the fact they fail to acknowledge. When these jerks start spouting numbers, they do not differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants.
    I watched that particular Lou Dobbs show, and was yelling at the TV, "Nail Him, Lou !"
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

I got this e-mail,they want people to sign their petiton to try to stop lou, they can go jump in the lake as far as I'm concerned. they are not my freinds.

Dear Friend,

There are many serious problems facing the United States today: a faltering economy, a health-care crisis, and the ongoing war in Iraq, to name a few. Yet, in certain corners of the cable news world, specifically Lou Dobbs Tonight, The O'Reilly Factor, and Glenn Beck, one issue stands above all others: illegal immigration.

Fear and Loathing in Prime Time: Immigration Myths and Cable News, a new report by Media Matters Action Network, exposes the vitriolic rhetoric heard almost nightly on these shows. They overflow not just with vitriol, but with several myths and urban legends that feed viewers' resentment and fears. The myths and misinformation disseminated on each of these programs do nothing but foster increased anti-immigrant hysteria.

>>Read the report, sign the petition, and demand that these hosts and their network bosses put an end to the fear-mongering and misinformation.

Among the key findings of our study:

Illegal Immigration and Crime: Although numerous studies have found that immigrants in general commit fewer crimes than native-born citizens, these programs are positively obsessed with the topic. During 2007, the alleged connection between illegal immigration and crime was discussed on 94 episodes of Lou Dobbs Tonight, 66 episodes of Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor, and 29 episodes of CNN Headline News' Glenn Beck.

Illegal Immigration and Social Services: Undocumented immigrants are barred from receiving most federally provided social services and pay a variety of taxes, including sales, property (in the form of rent), and payroll taxes. Yet during 2007, the allegation that undocumented immigrants drain social services and/or don't pay taxes was discussed on 71 episodes of Lou Dobbs Tonight, 13 episodes of Glenn Beck, and eight episodes of The O'Reilly Factor.

Myths and Urban Legends: Dobbs and Beck have perpetuated two related myths, that there are plans to construct a "NAFTA Superhighway" running from Mexico to Canada and that there are plans to join Mexico, Canada, and the United States in a "North American Union." Dobbs has discussed the fictional North American Union on 52 separate programs during the past two years. All three programs, Lou Dobbs Tonight, Glenn Beck, and The O'Reilly Factor, have presented as fact the "reconquista" myth, which states that there is a movement afoot for Mexico to take over the American Southwest.

Unsubstantiated Allegations: On Lou Dobbs Tonight, viewers were told about a mythical explosion of leprosy cases due to illegal immigration and a mythical epidemic of voter fraud due to illegal immigration.

Dobbs Out Front: Of the three hosts examined in detail, Dobbs is the most obsessed with the topic; indeed, fully 70 percent of the 2007 episodes of Lou Dobbs Tonight contained a discussion of illegal immigration.

These cable news bullies have chosen to rely on myths and misinformation rather than a rational debate based squarely on the facts. They have not only muddied the public debate on this very important issue, but also stoked fear and resentment in a manner that fosters anti-immigrant hysteria. It is time to put their irresponsible reporting to an end.

>>Read the report, sign the petition, and demand that these hosts and their network bosses put an end to the fear-mongering and misinformation.

Please make sure your voice is heard. Join with us today by signing our petition demanding that Dobbs, Beck, and O'Reilly, along with their network bosses, end the steady diet of fear, anger, and resentment they air day after day.

Sincerely,

Paul Waldman
    Media Matters Action Network

PS. Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ) and Reps. Joe Baca (D-CA) and Luis Gutierrez (D-IL), as well as Hilda Solis (D-CA) of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus and representatives of the National Council of La Raza and America's Voice joined Media Matters Action Network at a press conference earlier today to announce the findings of our new report. We'll be updating our website with video and additional coverage on a regular basis. I hope you will take a moment to sign our petition and encourage your friends, family, and co-workers to join our call to action.

National Council of La Raza
    Some time back, I saw Janet M of La Raza infamy, make these accusations against Lou Dobbs on his program. All she did was talk over the facts he tried to present. It made me so mad, I had to leave the room ! There is an agenda afoot to discredit these brave commentators. Not just on TV, but talk radio hosts, as well. It's an issue we need to keep a close eye on. IMO it's a serious attack on our first amendent rights that we'll soon be hearing more about.
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT