Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hispanic Caucus Blocking Compean-Ramos Release

[b]

December 14, 2007

UPDATE: When it comes to releasing wrongfully convicted border agents Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos the wind has changed direction again!

As you know, several days ago, Congressmen Dana Rohrabacher, said the Congressional Hispanic Caucus was BLOCKING his resolution to release Compean and Ramos, the brave border agents who were wrongfully convicted and imprisoned for what Congressman Tom Tancredo described as "doing their job."

But now -- after hearing the righteous anger of the American people -- Congressman Joe Baca, the chairman of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus has released a statement claiming, “The CHC is not opposing or blocking this resolution."

Of course, Congressman Rohrabacher -- the gentleman that he is -- in the spirit of bi-partisanship has taken back his previous criticism and welcomes this development.

That just goes to show what can be done when we make our voices heard.

BUT...

Baca also added, “It is very rare for any legislation to be brought to House floor for immediate consideration.

If we're not supposed to be racists, why do we have caucus's based on race?
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Quote Originally Posted by Faye
    If we're not supposed to be racists, why do we have caucus's based on race?
    Good point. I'd like to know that myself. I think I'll write the Hispanic Caucus with that query.

I'd like to know why they would support a criminal drug dealer over legal US citizens of Mexican descent?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Because they want open borders and the persecution of these two men demoralized our Border Patrol and makes it difficult to do their jobs. They consider Ramos and Compean to be "coconuts," brown on the outside and white on the inside. Have you ever taken a look at Antonio Villaraigosa, Mayor of LA? He said something to the effect that if hispanic people elected to office don't work to advance hispanics, they need to get out of office. The same concept is being used here. The illegals are hispanic so the Border Patrol shouldn't stop them from crossing the border. It's rather mnd-boggling that they would be so blatant. I, and I guess most Americans, always thought that when someone was elected to office, they represented ALL people, not just one race. But it seems so prevalent... I've even heard white women say they get less money at welfare offices because the clerk is hispanic. These women had just come from the office and were very angry because the hispanic requesting welfare and the hispanic clerk were laughing and talking about it right in front of them.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo