Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hmmn ...

Ya know, I have met more than a few Canadian nationals illegally present in the country and I've just realized that I never asked any of them about their experiences with the healthcare system in Canada. I should've.

On the Internet, every time you raise the subject, someone who claims to be a native Canadian will always pop their head up and say, "It's great, don't believe the lies!" Meanwhile, YouTube videos filmed by patients in the Canadian system show otherwise (as do many credible research papers).

Quote Originally Posted by ReddHeretic
    Hmmn ...

Ya know, I have met more than a few Canadian nationals illegally present in the country and I've just realized that I never asked any of them about their experiences with the healthcare system in Canada. I should've.

On the Internet, every time you raise the subject, someone who claims to be a native Canadian will always pop their head up and say, "It's great, don't believe the lies!" Meanwhile, YouTube videos filmed by patients in the Canadian system show otherwise (as do many credible research papers).
    I am originally from Ontario and used to work in healthcare for a while. Many of those that claim it is great do so as they only know the horror stories that they have heard in the past. They have no idea that there is medicaid and medicare. Those people are shocked to learn illegals get free healthcare. As for Canadian care they pay huge taxes for it. They pay alot more income tax and in Onatrio between the provincial sales tax and the federal one it totalled 15% when I lived up there. There are waiting lists for doctors and depending on where you live depends on how long. Then you have to wait for surgery and scans, etc. Many people are purchasing extra insurance that pays for procedures in the United States if the wait is over a certain time. The province can't meet the demand and has contracts with hospitals and clinics in the United States for help. Then you have brokers who make deals with hospitals for surgery for those who are willing to pay out of their own pocket. There is a good article they had in the newspaper about it called Cross Boarder Care. Here is the link. http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/video2 ... /home.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    From what I read in the comments after immigration articles in the Miami Herald and Sun Sentinel the people who are most angry about illegals and possible amnesty are those who immigrated here themselves or their spouses or close relatives did. They know what it's like to wait for what seems like eternity for each step of the process. I went through it and know first had what it's like. I recall looking up greencard quotas and the greencard lottery and found many of those here illegally have larger quotas than many other countries plus many of them qualify for the greencard lottery. They also have to wait less for their immigration papers to get processed. That is found on a website called track it. We used it when we were going through the process and it was really eye openner.
    Well, I thank you for respecting our country and our laws, and I am delighted to have someone such as you now a fellow American!
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

That was a very interesting piece. I've also worked in healthcare both in physician practice and emergency hospital settings. It amazed me how illegal aliens regularly received a swift access to expensive procedures and quality care that citizens in many of the fully developed nations do not enjoy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12