Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bob Dole Defends John McCain in Letter to Rush Limbaugh

by FOXNews.com
    Monday, February 4, 2008

Below is the text of a letter former Republican Kansas Sen. Bob Dole sent to radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh, as obtained by FOX News.

Rush,

I have not seen you in a long time but I do hear you frequently and I know that you have serious reservations about Senator McCain.

Not that many care but I have not been involved in the Republican Primary contest because Elizabeth, a good conservative, is running for reelection in North Carolina where Romney, McCain and Huckabee each enjoy considerable support.

I was the Republican Leader from January 1985 until I left the Senate voluntarily in June 1996. I worked closely with Senator McCain when he came to the Senate in 1987 until I departed. I cannot recall a single instance when he did not support the Party on critical votes.

(At my age, I cannot be entirely certain but here are a few key conservative examples

1. Consistent pro-life record

2. Strong advocate for strict constructionist judges (We were misled on the Souter nomination)

3. Supported voluntary school prayer

4. Supported Constitutional Amendment for a Balanced Budget (needed two-thirds and lost by one vote - 66-34)

5. Strong advocate for reducing spending and opposing pork barrel “ear marksâ€

Bob Dole a true American Patriot that got whacked by Bill Clinton.
    I can see why this endorsement makes sense.

On immigration, Senator McCain was not in the Senate when Congress passed President Reagan’s immigration legislation which passed overwhelmingly. It granted amnesty to 2.7 million illegals. It was not much different than the 2007 McCain, Kennedy, Bush effort.
    That's supposed to be a defense!!!??? He is exactly right....it isn't ANY different and he admitted it was AMNESTY!! BOB DOLE SAYS McCAIN/KENNEDY WAS AMNESTY!!

I like Bob Dole. He looked well this evening. That was then and this is 2008 when 20 yrs. after a the one time amnesty for 2-3 million illegal aliens, we are now facing down 20 million plus millions more illegal aliens with family members yet to come. No way Mr. Dole, but thank you for sharing your thoughts. I hope that Rush speaks nicely of you and your grand sense of humor. But forget the acceptance of John McCain.

Ephesians 4:32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)