Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LA Times Poll

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The pew poll (apt name) says that illegals help the economy by buying goods and services. That doesn't make sense when we are told that they keep the economy of Mexico afloat with the billions they send home. If citizens were earning those wages the money would be spent here. Billions added to the National economy that would help.
    Working conditions would improve along with better wages. If Illegals were not willing to pick cabbage in the hot sun portable stadium lights could be set up in the fields and the cabbage could be picked at night. Construction workers have worked at night in Arizona for years.

I found an intersesting little bit of "Hispanic Buying Power Growth" here at

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:QTl ... =clnk&cd=1

This is from the Greensboro Chamber of Commerce. They mention all the potential buying power from Hispanics but they are forgetting about the costs to American tax payers(this is from 2004):

Hispanic Buying Power Growth for NC

1990 2000 2003 2008

$843,290M $4,806,458B $8,308,146B $20,447,833B

Latino Immigrants Wire Billions Back Home

Latin American immigrants in the U.S. will send $30 billion home this year. Following are the states that send the largest amounts:

California $9.6B
    New York $3.6B
    Texas $3.2B
    Florida $2.5B
    Illinois $1.5B
    8. North Carolina $833M
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

The Greensboro Chamber of Commerce ads are disgusting. Their excitement will turn to dismay when the percentage of Hispanics in the population reaches that of Texas. Those press announcements were either the cheapest sort of pandering or massive stupidity/naivety.

Voted! We need more on our side hitting this poll. I voted "No." We don't need this cheap foreign slave labor. No way, Jose!

Is immigration good for the U.S.?

36.5%
    Yes. The U.S. economy benefits culturally and economically from immigration.
    (880 responses)

4.0%
    Maybe. There is an economic need for migrant labor, but immigration should be sharply restricted.
    (97 responses)

59.5%
    No. High immigration levels are responsible for a declining quality of life in this country.
    (1434 responses)

2411 total responses
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

36.3%
    (922 responses)
    4.6%
    Maybe. There is an economic need for migrant labor, but immigration should be sharply restricted.
    (117 responses)
    59.1%
    No. High immigration levels are responsible for a declining quality of life in this country.
    (1504 responses)
    2543 total responses
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The pew poll (apt name) says that illegals help the economy by buying goods and services. That doesn't make sense when we are told that they keep the economy of Mexico afloat with the billions they send home
    Seems to me that if EITHER of these statements is true, there are a lot more illegals here than even WE think there are. Eleven million people can't send billions home and still be able to survive here. Nor can twenty million. something is fishy.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

36.0%
    (930 responses)
    4.7%
    (122 responses)
    59.3%
    (1533 responses)
    2585 total responses
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

this poll is goofy. first of all, legal immigration is good for the U.S. the unusual thing is that this poll put the word "migrant" in there, which is not the same as a legal immigrant.

i think they are attempting to up the positive results by not exactly defining what type of immigration they are polling about. i mean, you could be like me and be pro legal immigration and anti illegal immigration. if that is the case, this poll presents a dilemma.

37.0%
    (1008 responses)

4.6%
    (124 responses)

58.4%
    (1590 responses)

2722 total responses

took me a while to figure this one out but now lets see what might happen.

36.2%
    (1008 responses)
    4.5%
    (125 responses)
    59.4%
    (1655 responses)
    2788 total responses

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast