Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    Why don't they have polls asking if the thousands of people paying coyotes 2 grand at a pop to smuggle them across the border then leave them somewhere to die are smart ot stupid. Or if the coyotes are endangering the lives of their victims? Or how about asking if these "caring" mothers who entrust their kids to human smugglers are good parents? It makes about as much sense as asking if the Minutemen are good guys or not.

I keep revisiting this post and editing it more because the more I think about it, the madder it makes me that they hold up the people who whine that their kids got killed on the way, or that their family disappered as though we are supposed to feel sorry for them for breaking the laws and encouraging their family members to break the law. How warped is this?
    That's why I don't feel sorry for the illegals. They are not the victims. They know what they were getting themselves into and you won't ever see me shed a tear if one of them gets hurt. I say that's the chance you take when you break the law. Maybe next time if there is a next time you'll think twice before invading our country and trying to dump your problems on us.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There was a time when everyone had read 1984 and the most feared entity was "Big Brother". Well who ever figured it would be "Big Mother" . The response that "someone is going to get hurt" makes me want to blow chunks! Someone is getting hurt in Iraq everyday and the job they are doing is not as important as the one the Government is not doing on our borders. The Minutemen are aware of the risks and some of them are armed. If an illegal is hurt it should be a given that he was willing to accept some risk to get to all the freebies. That may sound insensitive but their country has more natural resources than ours. It seems almost comical when the Mexican Government reacts with such indignation every time a law is proposed to stop the invasion ( maybe they need another Cinco de Mayo or another Pancho Villa.
    We have an absolute right to protect our borders and if someone gets hurt the Government should shoulder the responsibility.

tms

Voted!

[/b]Heroes: they have raised awareness of a dangerous problem.
    tally: 55%[b]
    Vigilantes: Someone is going to get hurt.
    tally: 30%
    Don’t know, but something needs to be done.
    tally: 15%
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

Poll on Minute men

I'm not really surprised by the American Legion. I was a Marine who served in Viet Nam, but I've never considered joining the American Legion. I went to a legion Hall with a friend in San Diego once and it was like the Star Wars bar. They were a bunch of Gomers that reminded me of low rent Shriners. Hope I didn't piss off a bunch of Shriners and American Legionnaires with one sentence. Oh well isn't the object to provoke discussion?
    p.s. you have to admit that both groups wear funny hats.

AndyT,

You stole my term! "Big Mother" is a term I've been pushing around for a few years now. Welcome to ALIPAC. Glad to see someone with some similar thinking.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

p.s. you have to admit that both groups wear funny hats.
    yep. you have to admit that.

I don't know diddly squat about the American Legion or what they do, but, since you brought up the Shriners, and since I know a bit about the organization (which I can't join because I'm a mere female anyway) I will comment. The Shriners are a good philanthropic organization. Although a few have made the rest look dirty, they are, by and large, a forthright group with one goal and one goal only--to help crippled and burned children.

They aren't some big conspiracy set out to make us into a globalist society as some would have you believe. And I don't think the Masons are, either.

Shriners help kids simply for the asking--no question of how much money one has, how many kids one has, etc. Their cause and their motives are above reproach.

And now I will tell you the reason I stopped contributing to their efforts on the border. Frequently the TX shrine associations pick up kids at the border to Mexico to fetch to transport to US hospitals. In my town, they seem to help more Mexican kids than American kids. It is just one more avenue for a US handout, in my opinion.

I don't dislike those kids and I do feel bad for them. Bringing them across to help them wouldn't bother me so much if it weren't for the fact that I know there are Shriners as well as doctors and hospitals in Mexico. To me, when they bring in a kid and a parent from Mexico to help in our hospitals, they are opening the door for more illegals to find a way to disappear into the system. That is where I have to draw the line.

It isn't that I don't feel sorry for the crippled and burned children of other countries. It is that I think their own organizations should be the ones to know the joy of helping someone in need. It shouldn't always be up to the USA to help everyone.

Now I guess I have probably ticked off a few people right along with you, andyt. But I reckon they will get over it and if they don't, I'll use an Arab word to cover my sentiments: Ma'alesh!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12