Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Orange Co. Register, CA Poll on Elvira - Final Results

Update: latest tally for poll on Arellano’s deportation

http://immigration.freedomblogging.com/
    August 24th, 2007

Last time we checked, 93 percent of you supported U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s decision to deport Elvira Arellano on her visit to Los Angeles.

(Arellano is an illegal immigrant who sought sanctuary a year ago in a Chicago church to try to remain here with her 8-year old son, a U.S.-born citizen.)

The Issue promised a final update this week so here you have it — while more votes have trickled in since our last tally, the trend still holds. Of 312 votes, 94 percent of you support ICE’s decision and six percent don’t.

- Amy Taxin
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poll: readers don’t want raids delayed during census

http://immigration.freedomblogging.com/
    August 24th, 2007

The results are in — and The Issue readers weren’t wild about the U.S. Census Bureau’s suggestion that immigration raids could be delayed during the 2010 census so they could get a better population count. (Nor was U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which loudly rejected the idea.)

Of 114 votes cast since last week:

86 percent disapproved of delaying immigration enforcement during the census
    13 percent wanted to give the Census bureau time to conduct the count
    Next poll question is coming right up — here’s a hint: it’s about ‘08.

To vote, click on www.ocregister.com/immigration and go to “Poll of the Weekâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Immigration, the war, the economy, health care.... all are major topics on the platforms for candidates gearing up for the 2008 presidential election. How important does immigration rank on your list?
    My top issue. I won't vote for a candidate who doesn't agree with me on immigration.
    76%

One of my top issues and a factor in my vote -- but not the only one.
    18%

I pay attention to the candidates' positions but it's a minor issue in my book. My vote doesn't hinge on it.
    6%

It's irrelevant. I'm focusing on other priorities.
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)