View Poll Results: Poll 6: Non donors only, please select all that apply (mult answers)

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do not donate due to extreme poverty or unemployment

29 82.86%
  • I do not donate because I am unsatisfied with ALIPAC's performance

2 5.71%
  • I do not donate because I do not care much about illegal immigration

0 0%
  • I do not donate because of privacy concerns

0 0%
  • I do not donate because I believe others will pay for the efforts

0 0%
  • I do not donate because I donated to other groups

5 14.29%
  • I do not donate because I believe fighting illegal immigration is a lost cause

0 0%
  • I do not donate because Obama has demoralized me

0 0%
  • I do not donate because of my concerns about the economy

2 5.71%
  • Other reasons, see my comments below....

2 5.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Poll 6: Non donors only, the reasons I do not donate to ALIPAC are? (mult choice)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Poll 6: Non donors only, the reasons I do not donate to ALIPAC are? (mult choice)

Please answer the multiple choice question above ONLY IF YOU ARE A NON DONOR TO ALIPAC. Feel free to elaborate below.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I donate and just voted OTHER to test this poll.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Please NOTE that polls 5 and 6 were just recreated thus erasing any initial votes. Please check to make sure you have voted in all.

W

Banned
    I selected "Other Reasons" because I feel this organization could and should be focusing on more physical activities like counter-demonstrations when groups like La Raza bus in hundreds of demonstrators...anti illegal groups turn out with a handful of people. We cry "Impeach Obama", but yet, we've taken it no further than talk. Has Alipac (not just individual members) actually donated to help build the border fence in AZ?

I think this is a tremendous data base for information, but is sharing information all we can do? Granted, we all email, phone and write our elected officials whenever an alert goes out and have had significant results.

But I'm seeing our efforts these last few months focusing mainly on fund raising each quarter and I'd like to see a lot of those funds directed toward actual lobbying, and holding actual demonstrations, protests, and rallies and so on.

Woodstock was a happening because everyone heard about the concert and thought, "Wow! that sounds great..I'm going.." If we held events, it could happen again..."Wow! These people think like I do..I'm going.."

Quote Originally Posted by AZres View Post
    But I'm seeing our efforts these last few months focusing mainly on fund raising each quarter and I'd like to see a lot of those funds directed toward actual lobbying, and holding actual demonstrations, protests, and rallies and so on.
    Glenn Beck is holding a restore America Rally this summer, the money it takes to organize and pay for all the Undocumented Protests are paid for by the Unions and Obamanites! We're barely keeping the lights here!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Woodstock?

Hehe, Woodstock cost a lot of money to throw. Not sure what the total costs were but they ended up with 1.4 million dollars of debt and 80 lawsuits filed against Woodstock Ventures. The organizers were spared utter financial destruction by the success of the Woodstock movie that helped them pay off their bills.

W

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    Woodstock?

Hehe, Woodstock cost a lot of money to throw. Not sure what the total costs were but they ended up with 1.4 million dollars of debt and 80 lawsuits filed against Woodstock Ventures. The organizers were spared utter financial destruction by the success of the Woodstock movie that helped them pay off their bills.

W
    Agreed. Woodstock cost a lot of money to throw. Paying 32 acts (like Creedence, Greatful Dead, Joan Baez, Janis Joplin, The Who, etc) to perform was not cheap. The essence of Woodstock was that the organizers expected 200,000 attendees. 186,000 tickets were sold in pre-concert sales @ $18 = $3,348,000.

Had it stopped there, it would have been successful....but 500,000 showed up...That's what made Woodstock Woodstock.

I guess you're right. We just don't have enough advocates to to do this.

Banned
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I just feel like most of the money donated goes to just maintaining this site and its staff. I do feel that the site upgrades are fantastic and were badly needed (definitely like the use of JavaScript on the site) so they were a worthy investment.

What I'd like to know is what percentage of the donations is used to maintain this site and to pay the staff. I would hope that it's not above 50%...

Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I just feel like most of the money donated goes to just maintaining this site and its staff. I do feel that the site upgrades are fantastic and were badly needed (definitely like the use of JavaScript on the site) so they were a worthy investment.

What I'd like to know is what percentage of the donations is used to maintain this site and to pay the staff. I would hope that it's not above 50%...
    Our operational costs are far above 50%. We run an effective national organization on less than $150,000 per year and I don't think you will find many organizations that can honestly claim that level of costs vs action in the nation. We are not a charity transferring funds to others, we are an activist group using a PAC for our political operations.

If you would like to review our expenditures. Every penny Americans for Legal Immigration PAC has ever spent is and always has been a matter of public record at Federal Election Commission Home Page

We picked the structure of a PAC for two main reasons. 1. We can say anything we want without the restrictions applied to non profits against endorsing campaigns and 2. Complete financial transparency.

The reason our operations costs percentage is so high is because we have only been able to raise enough funds to barely sustain what needs to be done to have an organization that has successfully fought US Senators, mulit million dollar La Raza organizations, and Billionaires, and occasionally won those battles.

We have the smallest budget of any of the national organizations fighting against illegal immigration and I am the lowest paid Executive Officer of any of the top officers of the main organizations. My salary is the average salary for Raleigh NC.

No retirement package, no paid vacations, no 401k, no company health insurance and I work over 60 hours per week on this with only two part time employees that are both laid off right now due to our budget shortage.

Everyone else is volunteer or paid vendor.

If you can find anyone in the country that can or will do this for less Googler, please let me know when you find them.

W
    Last edited by ALIPAC; 02-27-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Hello William,
    I, for one, appreciate all that you are trying to do to wake up people in this Country and all that you have accomplished. I can not donate as I am on a very limited s.s. retirement income and it is my total income. My one luxury is the internet ( I have to have satellite where i live and it is costly). I don;t have t.v. (canceled it over 3 years ago), live in a small cabin in a very rural area and go out about once or twice a week (cost of fuel and it is 10 miles to shops/stores from here.
    Thank you again for all you do and keep up the good work.
    Last edited by reader7272; 02-28-2012 at 08:53 AM. Reason: spelling, etc.