Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I don't know maybe it was the Dreamie person with 300 votes...that killed the poll...ouch ...
    well I gotta go make some frybread and stew...after that coupe It is a good day for fryread
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Makes me laugh. We have people on here soooooooo tech savvy. Love that saving it as a pic. We can post that on the newspaper site. LOL
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

THEY MOVED IT

Do you support the proposed Dream Act?

Yes
    (460 Votes, 50%)

No
    (435 Votes, 48%)

Don't know
    (19 Votes, 2%)

http://www.nctimes.com/blog/poll/

More
    Yes
    (492 Votes, 52%)
    No
    (441 Votes, 46%)
    Don't know
    (19 Votes, 2%)
    look at the other things voted on, on that page. Very liberal news paper.

Yes....495.... 52 %

No....442....46%

Don't No....19 votes....2%
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Comments On This Story

Quaker wrote on Oct 8, 2007 7:18 PM:

" "Illegal aliens came here uninvited, rather than work hard and fight to change their government's laws and opportunities. The so called dream act is nothing more than an attempt to steal the dreams of poor and middle class American citizens who need the educational opportunities, but deserve them." ============================= A two-year-old child cannot go anywhere uninvited because... well does it need to be explained? This bill is not meant to serve as an all around immigration solution, nor does it provide for anything to anyone but a very specific population of people. The young people, who have done nothing wrong, they have not willfully broken any of our laws they have proven themselves worthy of being given this opportunity. Why does the opposition to this bill have to constantly lie? Are they worried about people not following them if they state the truth? There is NO in-state tuition offered. Every child who qualifies under this bill would have to pay OUT OF STATE tuition, unless they live in one of the 10 states that have chosen to give instate tuition. In the states where instate tuition is given, an out of state student (illegal or not) cannot get instate tuition. A person would have to graduate from a high school within that state to get instate tuition. Now on to the next lie… "financial assistance". Under the Dream act the ONLY thing kids would be able to get are loans, loans which any CHILD has access to whether illegal or not. It is money that will have to be paid back in full. Dream Act kids do not have access to federal funds, public scholarships nor anything else all other kids have access to. As to the lack of space in our schools; college is based on who is the most qualified to do the job. If my son is not "smart" enough to get into a school then he'll just have to try harder at a different school. I want my future heart surgeon to be the most QUALIFIED candidate, not the most qualified US BORN candidate. It is a shame to see how opposition to this bill has become a way to vent your hate towards a group of people, it is even more upsetting that many of you do not see recognize this clear hate you spew. It is sad to think you consider this behavior to be American. "

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/10 ... ogcomments

I want my future heart surgeon to be the most QUALIFIED candidate, not the most qualified US BORN candidate.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/10 ... ogcomments

FINAL RESULTS

Date: 10-07-2007 - 10-08-2007

Yes 500 Votes(52%)

No 443 Votes(46%)

Don't know 19 Votes(2%)

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/10 ... 0_6_07.txt

Where did the polls go? wrote on Oct 9, 2007 7:15 AM:" Somebody messed around with yesterdays poll?- "

Quaker wrote on Oct 9, 2007 7:53 AM:" 500 vs 450 votes in this poll, the rest of the polls don't go over 150 vs 100...!! I voted for more than an hour then i had to leave cuz i had class.. But still based on how much this means to us we should have done much much better than this. There were several members who were up all night helping out with many things including this. If even half of those who clicked on this topic had voted we'd be much better off right now.- "

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/10 ... 0_6_07.txt

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast