Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Of course there's an unfair bias by the Press.

There are over 234 newspapers nationwide that have endorsed Obama; and so they are biased toward him and give very little press to Senator McCain, unless, of course, it is negative press.

The Denver Post.com is a source for listings of papers that have endorsed Obama:

http://search.denverpost.com/sp?keyword ... utton.y=10

In addition, the poll of the OC Register which is linked above above by OC Angel, and given again here: http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/se ... icalpulse/
    indicates that 75% of the voters feel that the Press is biased.

It is my understanding that the Press is supposed to remain unbiased when reporting its news. And aren't they supposed to cover both sides of an issue in a likewise unbiased manner?

I wonder how many of those papers are influenced or controlled by the Chicago Press Syndicates? The Los Angeles Times is owned by the Chicago Tribune and refuses to release a tape of evidence against Obama.

There should be a law against it.
    Remember that*all Politicians work for us, the U.S. Taxpaying Citizens.* If they are not doing their jobs to your liking, FIRE THEM in the next elections.

Got this link from a friend in Germany that addresses that very question:

http://www.ornery.org/essays/warwatch/2008-10-05-1.html

I asked what they were saying about the election in Germany and this is the response I got:

listening to the radio and watching the news here, you'd think there was only one candiate running for president. last weekend one of the major radio stations in bavaria had an "America Special" in honor of the upcoming election day and they played a lot of american music and every now and then they'd blend in pieces of martin luther king's "I Have a Dream" speech. but, dissappointingly, it really turned out to an "Obama Special". also, they'd blend in short statements by musicians & artists, and army people stationed in Germany, all saying that they all hoped Obama would win. If I were an alien that has just landed on this planet and I turned on that radio station, I would get the impression that not a single "normal" person on this earth would ever in his right mind even consider voting for the other guy.....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

It is really obviously biased in television media these days.
    Even print media can be twisted to reflect bias very easily:
    Assuming a very nice guy running against the cranky incumbent dog catcher was arrested for pot 20 years ago, a fact that has been dug up by the incumbent's campaign, how would a reporter, supposedly with no political bias write the story?
    A: pro-nice guy reporter would put that pot arrest in the very last paragraph, which few people ever bother to read with a pro-nice guy headline.
    B: pro-incumbent reporter would put that fact in the first or second paragraph, along with a headline that screams drug user challenging incumbent.
    And those that work for major media companies better share the same viewpoint as their corporate lords, otherwise they will be taken off assignments to write about fluffy things like the latest breaking news from the garden club.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)