Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

[quote]Local area residents, like Alfrod feel the most important issue the candidate’s face in this year’s election is, “the war, definitely the war.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Released: May 14, 2008
    Zogby Poll: Election of Our Discontent? 48% of Likely Voters Dissatisfied With Current Crop of Presidential Candidates

Survey finds 49% would never vote for Clinton, while 44% would never vote for Obama; 42% said McCain will never get their support

UTICA, New York - Nearly half of likely voters - 48% - are not satisfied with the current candidates for president, with Republicans and conservative voters the most unhappy about their likely candidate choices in November, a new nationwide Zogby Interactive poll shows.

In what could spell bad news for the presumptive Republican nominee John McCain, an overwhelming 86% of self-described "very conservative" voters said they are displeased with the current presidential candidates - and 65% of these voters said they are very unsatisfied. The vast majority of conservatives (76%) and Republicans (76%) also expressed significant dissatisfaction with the current candidates, as did more than half of political independents (55%).

How satisfied are you with the current candidates for president?
    Likely voters
    Republicans
    Democrats
    Independents

Satisfied
    51%
    24%
    82%
    44%

Not satisfied
    48%
    76%
    18%
    55%

Not sure
    1%
    <1%
    1%
    1%

Note: Some totals may not equal 100% due to rounding

In contrast, Democrats are overwhelmingly content with the overall field of candidates, with 82% who say they are satisfied. Self-described progressives (85%), liberals (86%) and moderates (63%) also express strong satisfaction with the current candidates. The interactive survey of 7,562 likely voters nationwide was conducted May 6-9, 2008, and carries a margin of error of +/- 1.1 percentage points.

Nearly Half Will Never Vote for Clinton

Even as some likely voters express dissatisfaction with the current candidates, many have already made up their minds for whom they won't vote - 49% would never vote for Hillary Clinton, while 44% won't vote for Barack Obama and 42% would never cast a ballot for John McCain. The numbers have changed slightly since a Zogby Interactive poll in October 2007, which found 50% would never vote for Clinton, 45% would never vote for McCain, and 37% would never vote for Obama.

In this latest survey, 75% of Democrats would never vote for McCain, but 22% also said they would never vote for fellow Democrat Clinton, and 13% said the same of Obama. One in 10 Republicans would never vote for McCain, and the vast majority is dead-set against voting for Obama (78%) and Clinton (74%). More than half (53%) of political independents would never vote for Clinton, compared to 42% who said the same of Obama and (38%) of McCain.

Which candidate would you NEVER vote for?
    Likely voters
    Republicans
    Democrats
    Independents

Hillary Clinton
    49%
    74%
    22%
    53%

John McCain
    42%
    11%
    75%
    38%

Barack Obama
    44%
    78%
    13%
    42%

Not sure
    6%
    2%
    8%
    8%

Obama fares best among female voters, of whom 37% said they would not vote for him, compared to 41% who would never vote for Clinton, and nearly half (48%) who said they would not vote for McCain. Most men (57%) said they would never cast a vote for Clinton and 50% said the same of Obama, while slightly more than a third (36%) said they would never vote for McCain. Older voters are most likely to be resistant to voting for Clinton - 56% of those over 65 said they would never vote for her, compared 46% of those younger than 30. These older voters show similar opposition to Obama - 53% of those older than 65 would never vote for Obama, but just 34% of those younger than 30 said the same. In contrast, younger voters show the most resistance to voting for McCain - half of those younger than 30 would never vote for the Arizona senator, compared to 36% of those older than 65.
    http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1505
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've been waiting for this news to emerge. These numbers will be higher by November as more people learn more about these candidates.

W

I meant to get this out before now.

Added to the homepage

http://www.alipac.us/article3244.html

W

John McCain
    42%
    11%
    75%
    38%
    Something looks awful wrong with the 11% for gop voters .
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

Re: Zogby Poll: More than half of voters unhappy with Presid

[quote="zeezil"]Zogby Poll: More than half of voters unhappy with Presidential Picks

Kathryn Hauser

Are you happy with the current crop of presidential candidates this election year? A new Zogby poll answers that very question - saying many voters are not.

Trevor Alfrod of Albany has been closely following the upcoming presidential elections and feels that no candidate can possess the same political views that he has.

“No way there is going to be a person who’s got exactly what you want. You’ve just got to pick someone who mirrors it closely in the issues you most believe in.â€
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by SarahPorter
    Let's ditch the other 3 and go with Ron Paul.
    Some of us were saying this a year ago, that Ron Paul was the one who had the support to make it to the convention, but we ended up squabbling amongst ourselves instead of picking the one who had the best chance and uniting to back him. Now it's too late and we blew our one shot. Ron Paul supporters will make themselves heard at the GOP convention, but McAmnesty will be the nominee. RPers will continue to work for change within the GOP--it's not just a campaign, it's a revolution!

Zogby Poll - Voters Unhappy with Pres Candidates

Well, what else to expect with such career thugs and traitors running! The poll is good but I have known for a long time these "candidates" are jokes as leaders and none of the above come close to representing me.
    What is scary is that if any of the top three get elected it will be downright dangerous for our country. When I heard that Chuck Baldwin was nominated Presidental candidate under the Constitution party ticket, I was elated!! If there is no Constitution party in your state, you can register as independent. I changed my party to Independent in my state in order to be able to be able to vote for him in the general election. If enough dissatisfied Republicans did same, we could change that old adage that a 3rd party cannot win. That is simply not true. Look how the Republican party got started - as an independent party! For those of you who would like to know more, do a scroogle scraper or a yahoo search on his name. Especially impressive was the utube video of him and his acceptance speech last week. What a breathe of fresh air and a God-send just when our boat is about to sink!

Re: Zogby Poll - Voters Unhappy with Pres Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by ThaHound
    When I heard that Chuck Baldwin was nominated Presidental candidate under the Constitution party ticket, I was elated!! If there is no Constitution party in your state, you can register as independent. I changed my party to Independent in my state in order to be able to be able to vote for him in the general election.
    So true! If Chuck Baldwin is on the ballot in my state, I will be voting for him too, but you don't have to change your voter registration to vote for him. In the general election in November, you can vote for anyone on the ballot, or you can write someone in. I am afraid the Constitution Party won't be on the ballot in NC because the state makes it VERY difficult for a third party to get on the ballot, so I'll probably be writing in either Chuck Baldwin or Ron Paul.

Presidential Candidate Discontent

Let's quit talking about how discontented we are and start working on a Republican dark horse. It's never too late!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast