Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

1.5 million Californians out of work

County's jobless figure is highest since 1995
    By Dean Calbreath
    UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

November 22, 2008

With thousands of jobs disappearing in retail, finance and construction, unemployment in California and San Diego County last month rose to its highest point since the recession of the early 1990s.

Statewide, the unemployment rate hit 8.2 percent in October, according to data released yesterday by the state's Employment Development Department and the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. That's up from 7.7 percent in September and 5.7 percent in October 2007.

That was the third-highest rate in the nation after Michigan and Rhode Island, which were tied at 9.3 percent. The national average was 6.5 percent.

More than 1.5 million Californians are now unemployed, putting strains on the state's unemployment insurance fund, which was created during the Great Depression.

The state government projects that if current trends continue, the unemployment fund will be $2.4 billion in the red by the end of 2009, which would force it to borrow from the federal government for the second time in its history.

“We've known for years that changes must be made to the fund to keep it solvent, and it is unfortunate that now, when we need it most, it is racing toward the red,â€

More than 1.5 million Californians are now unemployed, putting strains on the state's unemployment insurance fund, which was created during the Great Depression.

And I wonder how much of those UE benefits are being paid out to IAs with no right to receive them?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Last #s I heard was about 45 million a year.With about 2 million IA's in the state. Deport all the IA's clean up their wellfare and foodstamps and they would solve most of their problems.

And yet our brain dead CA government will still pay pay full medical, food, and housing benefits for up to eight anchor babies.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

More than 1.5 million Californians are now unemployed
    How many are really California citizens and how many are illegals?

If about 2 million illegals jobsites had The E-Verification Program they would be G O N E and 1 1/2 million CA Americans WOULD have jobs.

I will not feel sorry for a government (CA's) that is ruining the whole of America and NOT just CA. Your irresponsibility is effecting us all. Perhaps when illegals take over the Governors mansion, someone will notice.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Utter insanity.

Arnie told us "don't blame the immigrants". They cost our state 12 BILLION a year and supposedly a third of all IA's are in CA.

Hmmmm....how fast would we be in the black with 12 billion more dollars? Why can't our elected officials seee the forest for the trees???

I just called his office in D.C. and left him a message about this and got no response. I sent him an e-mail and he responds that it is the job of the federal government. He passes the buck and wipes his hands of anything! He is one TOTAL REJECT!

Quote Originally Posted by alexcastro
    I just called his office in D.C. and left him a message about this and got no response. I sent him an e-mail and he responds that it is the job of the federal government. He passes the buck and wipes his hands of anything! He is one TOTAL REJECT!
    But we have an illegal immigrant-loving government!

Illegals = VOTES

I can see why the Congress is afraid of us. They are pushing people over the edge with their insanity and stupidity. At some point we will not take it anymore. Even opposing groups are mad..

Land of AMNESTY, home of the brave.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Utter insanity.

Arnie told us "don't blame the immigrants".
    I think we should blame the immigrants, starting with him!! He is Kennedy RINO anyway, an anti-American sellout.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Utter insanity.

Arnie told us "don't blame the immigrants".
    I think we should blame the immigrants, starting with him!! He is Kennedy RINO anyway, an anti-American sellout.
    I agree. He's been a bitter disappointment (as they usually are). I guess at the time that he was elected, everyone just wanted Grey Davis outta here. Anything seemed better than Gray Dufus! On top of that, I would still rather have Arnie than Cruz Bustamante!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast