Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The #1 censored story of 2011

More soldiers lost to suicide than battle

The #1 censored story of 2011

More U.S. Soldiers Killed Themselves
    Than Died in Combat in 2010

For the second year in a row, more American soldiers�both enlisted men and women and veterans�committed suicide than were killed in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Excluding accidents and illness, 462 soldiers died in combat, while 468 committed suicide. A difference of six isn't vast by any means, but the symbolism is significant and troubling. In 2009, there were 381 suicides by military personnel, a number that also exceeded the number of combat deaths.

Earlier this month, military authorities announced that suicides amongst active-duty soldiers had slowed in 2010, while suicides amongst reservists and people in the National Guard had increased. It was proof, they said, that the frequent psychological screenings active-duty personnel receive were working, and that reservists and guardsmen, who are more removed from the military's medical bureaucracy, simply need to begin undergoing more health checks. This new data, that American soldiers are now more dangerous to themselves than the insurgents, flies right in the face of any suggestion that things are "working." Even if something's working, the system is still very, very broken.

One of the problems hindering the military's attempt to address soldier suicides is that there's no real rhyme or reason to what kind of soldier is killing himself. While many suicide victims are indeed afflicted with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder after facing heavy combat in the Middle East, many more have never even been deployed. Of the 112 guardsmen who committed suicide last year, more than half had never even left American soil.

"If you think you know the one thing that causes people to commit suicide, please let us know,� Army Vice Chief of Staff General Peter Chiarelli told the Army Times, "because we don't know what it is."

Listed by Project Censored as the #1 censored news story of 2011,
    more soldiers have died at their own hands than in battle for two
    years in a row.

It is extremely reflective of the pressure and stress that troops
    are under after ten years of 'undeclared' war.

It is also reflective of a lack of health and mental care options
    for soldiers returning home from battlefields.

read original: http://www.good.is/post/more-us-soldier ... at-in-2010

Video:

http://www.brasschecktv.com/videos/cens ... attle.html

Before I make any statement so I'm not misunderstood I support our troops 100% my family and ancestors have served in every war since the beginning of our country, I served in Vietnam.

The stress induced by a too small all volunteer army is serious problem however the brass does not want to speak about the issue, It's growing more difficult all time to recruit highly qualified people, most young people today view serving as unnecessary poor choice, many adults looked down on people serving of course they don't voice this but the idea is clear, proud of you but not my kid.

We cannot expect even volunteers to serve a 10 year tour in a war zone perhaps 7-8 deployments in that period, no marriage will sustain that. A choice must be made in foreign policy either no nation building or bring back the draft it's that simple.

In Vietnam most tours were one year I did see some career officers serve 2-3 years, but a study diet of war will crack the best soldier. Make no mistake while it will never show in the press our military is struggling with the political correctness issues and not enough support from our government, IMO it will only become worse in the future.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Under my theory, the goal of these two wars is to psychologically and physically destroy our youngest men and women to reduce America's ability to fight back or defend ourselves against a well organized nation like China.

Afghanistan is the known destroyer of empires. It destroyed the Brittish and it Destroyed the USSR.

To stick our national finger in that same empire and nation destroying hole and leave it there defies logic unless the goal was to repeat the past results.

On top of the high suicide rate, Ive read where 10-15 of our combat troops are no longer combat capable due to mental illness and substance abuse.

This should be no surprise because nations, military's , psychologists, and one would think citizens have known since WW2 that if you deploy troops into combat zones for years at a time that said troops become heavily degraded mentally.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    OLDGUY your right as right can be.When WW1 AND WW2 soldiers served till war was over,but they had time to work out somethings on ships for 30 days or more coming home.Korea and Veitnam little different had airplanes got them home quicker no time to relax or releive stress,plus coming home to crowds that hated them calling them names making them feel worse.Those wars you didnt have a choice you were drafted.Todays soldier volenteer like i did in 1976.I joined because you couldnt find or buy a job so joined thought well 4 years learn something get vetern points hopefully get a job when i get out,but i liked it so i became a lifefer and reired 30 years but according to Herman Cain its my fault now that i chose the wrong job and not rich.I made good money raised a family and not rich but not hurting eather.But todays vol.solder they want to serve and believe it or not want to fight I DID its something you train for and want to do it.With deployments now days some going on their 4th time it takes its toll on their minds and families lives after awhile they cant take it come home put back into civilion life with no counciling no jobs and most no family divorced,so they turn to drugs crime and killing themselves to get away from what has happened to them.You cant take a soldier out of a killing zone after what he or she had to do and seen fly them home that day put them into the street without help.Wars started being fought different in Veitnam,political run cant do this cant do that free fire zone no fire zones.Instead of going in fighting the war getting the job done and coming home nowdays just like the 2 were in to many regulations.Fighting with hands tied because to many people trying to be correct and sympathize with the enemy.These soldiers today dont have a life home deployed home deployed is all the know.No wonder so many kill themselves.Like i said i served my choice but ive heard people tell me well you didnt have to and what now you think your some type of hero no the guys that didnt make it back are the true HEROS.