Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

6 Worst (Unhealthiest) Fast-Food Burgers

6 Worst (Unhealthiest) Fast-Food Burgers

By David Zinczenko, with Matt Goulding
    Men's Health
    Dec 17, 2009

A hamburger isn't, by itself, a terrible nutritional choice. Topped with some lettuce and tomato, ketchup, and mustard—and placed in a relatively small bun—a burger is a high-protein treat that shouldn't pack too much fat or too many calories. But just as country music went from skinny little Hank Williams playing honky-tonks to Garth Brooks touring stadiums—and just as baseball went from wiry Jackie Robinson stealing home to muscle-bound Barry Bonds stealing homers—so have our burgers evolved from lean and simple to very fat and complicated.

How hard has it become to decode the once-simple hamburger? Get a load of these. With Eat This, Not That! 2010 we've unearthed the biggest fast-food burger bombs in America, and offer reasonable and delicious alternatives.

Worst Cheeseburger with Everything
    Wendy’s Double with Everything and Cheese
    700 calories
    40 g fat (17 g saturated, 2 g trans)
    1,440 mg sodium

In the pantheon of fast-food burgers, this cannot compete with the atrocities wrought by the Double Whoppers and Six Dollar Burgers of the world. But there are too many burgers at Wendy’s to end up with this mistake. Take the Double Stack below—with small chili—for example. With 37 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber, it might be the most satisfying $2 meal in America.

Bonus tip: Find out which Wendy’s burger meal made our list of the 39 Healthiest Foods in America:

http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=Aifg5Bxwlm ... _Slideshow

Worst Burger and Fries
    In-N-Out Burger Hamburger and French Fries
    790 calories
    37 g fat (10 g saturated)
    895 mg sodium

You’re heading into dangerous territory whenever you add fries to your order at In-N-Out. Sure, they’re trans-fat-free, but that won’t protect you from the 400 greasy, gut-bloating calories they carry. Instead, skip the fries and get serious about your burger. In-N-Out was offering up the low-carb treat long before other restaurants started making money off the Atkins craze. Take advantage of their prescience—and the 150-calorie savings—by simply tacking the phrase “protein styleâ€

Kinda makes ya hungry, huh?

That is why I stay away from burgers. When I have to eat on the run I get a kids meal with fruit and milk.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WoW a $6 fast food burger eh?

Guess I've missed out on alot.................Last time I ate fast food was July 4 1999.

$6 at the local market buys 4lbs of 90% lean ground beef. Ya make patties out of it and freeze em...................From a complete frozen state 9 minutes on a George Foreman grill and they are done perfectly.

Fries done in a fry daddy or baked for 7 minutes.

Way cheaper...........I hear nowdays that mainly spanish is spoken at these fast food places and the health benefits are substantial.
    Illegal, or unlawful, is used to describe something that is prohibited or not authorized by law

You had to do that, as I am starving! Phooey!
    When I feel the need for a fast-food burger, it has to be me coming close to fainting from starvation. My happiest meal is a small bowl of Campbell's Select Harvest caramelized onion soup, and a sandwich of really thin-sliced roast beef stuffed into a whole wheat hot dog bun for dipping into soup. Messy, but worth the effort.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I make a mean homemade Reuben. I toast 2 slices of bakery fresh sourdough rye, add thin sliced corned beef, and pastrami (half and half, slice of one and then the other over it) until the it is nice and thick on that rye. I then take pre-heated Vlassic Saurkraut, and press the excess juice out of it, and then 2 slices of real swiss, and then a nice thin layer of Thousand Island Dressing on the top slice of rye.

Pre-heat the toaster oven to 400 F, and carefully bake the Reuben for 3 to 5 minutes, and you're done.

Just don't pre-toast the rye too dark. Just enough so the bread doesn't go soggy before it hits the oven.

Aw, Hy! Just ate and now you have me hungry again! I swear I have gained a few pounds just reading this thread.
    But I plan to hit the grocery tomorrow and will try your reuben recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Aw, Hy! Just ate and now you have me hungry again! I swear I have gained a few pounds just reading this thread.
    But I plan to hit the grocery tomorrow and will try your reuben recipe.

Ok Just remember to have plenty of napkins!!!!

Hamburgers are not bad for you unless you eat them for breakfast lunch and dinner. 800 calories? So what? Anything you cook at home is going to have the same amount of calories and sodium by the time you add up everything you put on it. Even the 1200 calorie burger...big deal. IT HAS THREE PIECES OF HAMBURGER FGS. Of course it is high in calories. That does not mean it is bad per se. If you cook a meal at home and the meal includes THREE PIECES OF MEAT (anykind)...it is going to be high in calories.

It is not the hamburger but the amount you eat. If you eat a salad but the salad is an entire plate with cheese and dressing smothered all over...THAT WILL BE HIGH IN CALORIES AND SODIUM TOO!! There is nothing wrong with any burger or any other fast food for that matter. DONT EAT SO MUCH!!! There is nothing wrong with sugar either. There is nothing wrong with potato chips. JUST DONT KEEP SHOVELING FOOD IN YOUR MOUTH EVERY MINUTE. Eat breakfast lunch and dinner....and dont eat in between. ENJOY YOUR FOOD AND STOP WORRYING WHAT ALL THESE "RESEARCH" IDIOTS ARE "REPORTING." IT IS ALL BS.

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    Hamburgers are not bad for you unless you eat them for breakfast lunch and dinner. 800 calories? So what? Anything you cook at home is going to have the same amount of calories and sodium by the time you add up everything you put on it. Even the 1200 calorie burger...big deal. IT HAS THREE PIECES OF HAMBURGER FGS. Of course it is high in calories. That does not mean it is bad per se. If you cook a meal at home and the meal includes THREE PIECES OF MEAT (anykind)...it is going to be high in calories.

It is not the hamburger but the amount you eat. If you eat a salad but the salad is an entire plate with cheese and dressing smothered all over...THAT WILL BE HIGH IN CALORIES AND SODIUM TOO!! There is nothing wrong with any burger or any other fast food for that matter. DONT EAT SO MUCH!!! There is nothing wrong with sugar either. There is nothing wrong with potato chips. JUST DONT KEEP SHOVELING FOOD IN YOUR MOUTH EVERY MINUTE. Eat breakfast lunch and dinner....and dont eat in between. ENJOY YOUR FOOD AND STOP WORRYING WHAT ALL THESE "RESEARCH" IDIOTS ARE "REPORTING." IT IS ALL BS.
    Exactly!

Add some good vigorous labor to the day ilke choppin' wood, or gardening, or mowing the yard more than once a week, and it makes a difference. I hardly use a chainsaw for cutting wood, instead I opt for the old bow saw, or if the wood is big enough, the bucksaw. A nice 16-20 pound axe, and it keeps you fit. It the lack of moving around that puts the weight on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast