Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    Hamburgers are not bad for you unless you eat them for breakfast lunch and dinner. 800 calories? So what? Anything you cook at home is going to have the same amount of calories and sodium by the time you add up everything you put on it. Even the 1200 calorie burger...big deal. IT HAS THREE PIECES OF HAMBURGER FGS. Of course it is high in calories. That does not mean it is bad per se. If you cook a meal at home and the meal includes THREE PIECES OF MEAT (anykind)...it is going to be high in calories.

It is not the hamburger but the amount you eat. If you eat a salad but the salad is an entire plate with cheese and dressing smothered all over...THAT WILL BE HIGH IN CALORIES AND SODIUM TOO!! There is nothing wrong with any burger or any other fast food for that matter. DONT EAT SO MUCH!!! There is nothing wrong with sugar either. There is nothing wrong with potato chips. JUST DONT KEEP SHOVELING FOOD IN YOUR MOUTH EVERY MINUTE. Eat breakfast lunch and dinner....and dont eat in between. ENJOY YOUR FOOD AND STOP WORRYING WHAT ALL THESE "RESEARCH" IDIOTS ARE "REPORTING." IT IS ALL BS.
    Exactly!

Add some good vigorous labor to the day ilke choppin' wood, or gardening, or mowing the yard more than once a week, and it makes a difference. I hardly use a chainsaw for cutting wood, instead I opt for the old bow saw, or if the wood is big enough, the bucksaw. A nice 16-20 pound axe, and it keeps you fit. It the lack of moving around that puts the weight on.
    Oh of course exercise. The body was not meant to be sitting around all the time. Even if you work in an office you can get plenty of exercise by using the stairs instead of the elevator.

But I guess the point I was trying to make is that we seem to live in a culutre that is into scare mongering. Like the media...they do it to get attention as so on...or make money or whatever. And they are giving us this totally bs information sometimes. Or they are taking some minor fact and blowing it up ...way out of proportion.

When they say a fast food meal is 1200 calories...they say it like it is something really bad. It is not. A meal at home will be that many calories also. And it will have the same sodium...blah blah blah. Juice has as much sugar as soda....and more calories. That is what I am talking about. Milk has as many calories as soda too....and it is full of hormones. So there.

EAT WHAT YOU WANT , EXERCISE, REDUCE STRESS, AND LIVE A VERY VERY HAPPY LIFE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    Hamburgers are not bad for you unless you eat them for breakfast lunch and dinner. 800 calories? So what? Anything you cook at home is going to have the same amount of calories and sodium by the time you add up everything you put on it. Even the 1200 calorie burger...big deal. IT HAS THREE PIECES OF HAMBURGER FGS. Of course it is high in calories. That does not mean it is bad per se. If you cook a meal at home and the meal includes THREE PIECES OF MEAT (anykind)...it is going to be high in calories.

It is not the hamburger but the amount you eat. If you eat a salad but the salad is an entire plate with cheese and dressing smothered all over...THAT WILL BE HIGH IN CALORIES AND SODIUM TOO!! There is nothing wrong with any burger or any other fast food for that matter. DONT EAT SO MUCH!!! There is nothing wrong with sugar either. There is nothing wrong with potato chips. JUST DONT KEEP SHOVELING FOOD IN YOUR MOUTH EVERY MINUTE. Eat breakfast lunch and dinner....and dont eat in between. ENJOY YOUR FOOD AND STOP WORRYING WHAT ALL THESE "RESEARCH" IDIOTS ARE "REPORTING." IT IS ALL BS.
    Exactly!

Add some good vigorous labor to the day ilke choppin' wood, or gardening, or mowing the yard more than once a week, and it makes a difference. I hardly use a chainsaw for cutting wood, instead I opt for the old bow saw, or if the wood is big enough, the bucksaw. A nice 16-20 pound axe, and it keeps you fit. It the lack of moving around that puts the weight on.
    Oh of course exercise. The body was not meant to be sitting around all the time. Even if you work in an office you can get plenty of exercise by using the stairs instead of the elevator.

But I guess the point I was trying to make is that we seem to live in a culutre that is into scare mongering. Like the media...they do it to get attention as so on...or make money or whatever. And they are giving us this totally bs information sometimes. Or they are taking some minor fact and blowing it up ...way out of proportion.

When they say a fast food meal is 1200 calories...they say it like it is something really bad. It is not. A meal at home will be that many calories also. And it will have the same sodium...blah blah blah. Juice has as much sugar as soda....and more calories. That is what I am talking about. Milk has as many calories as soda too....and it is full of hormones. So there.

EAT WHAT YOU WANT , EXERCISE, REDUCE STRESS, AND LIVE A VERY VERY HAPPY LIFE!!!
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I figure I only get one chance here, so I eat what I like, and luckily it is good stuff too. Lots of cabbage oriented foods. The Eastern European tastes from my heritage.

I enjoy hamburgers, fries, and the like. But I also get my fill of sushi and sashimi (raw fish).

Quote Originally Posted by USAFVeteran
    I enjoy hamburgers, fries, and the like. But I also get my fill of sushi and sashimi (raw fish).
    Just can't do the raw fish thing. I like my pike, musky, and bass cooked.

Well, at least baked anyways. Or baked on the grill with mushrooms and onions.

For really oily fish, I bake it topped with bottled ranch dressing and then topped with stuffing mix. Don't ask calories or sodium content, but it tastes good.
    Fry crumbled ground turkey and add taco mix at the end with water, let cook until water is absorbed. Move to plate, top with guacamole dip and shredded cheese; microwave til cheese melts and top with sour cream. No taco shell required.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    For really oily fish, I bake it topped with bottled ranch dressing and then topped with stuffing mix. Don't ask calories or sodium content, but it tastes good.
    Fry crumbled ground turkey and add taco mix at the end with water, let cook until water is absorbed. Move to plate, top with guacamole dip and shredded cheese; microwave til cheese melts and top with sour cream. No taco shell required.
    Oooooooooo! That ground turkey recipe sounds like it would make a good "nachos" topping! Thanks vortex! Gotta have jalapeno peppers with it though.

Here's a good one for the "tougher pieces of roast type meats. It can be cooked on the stove top, preferably a gas stove as you can really keep the heat low. Also a crockpot will also work if you need to leave it slowly all day while you're at work. This works for beef or pork or any game like deer, elk, and antelope.

Thaw the roast, rinse it well, and set the roast on a carving board, and use a sharp knife, (dull ones are where you get hurt) and cut the roast into small squares, about 1/2 inch to 1 inch square.

Add these to the pot with about 1/2 cup of water. Sparingly sprinkle with a seasoned salt of your choice. The local brand I like is 5 Season.

Cook on very low heat covered until the meat is tender, or when a fork easily stabs it. Once it is ready, remove the meat and put it in a bowl.

To the broth, add 2 chopped carrots, cut green beans, peas, and 2 cubed potato pieces. Cook until the vegetables are done, and return the meat to the mix.

Add 2 small cans of mushrooms, and 1 can of creme of mushroom soup. If you don't like mushrooms, Creme of celery, or creme of broccolli soup, or creme of potato will work. If you use potato soup reduce the potatoes to 1 instead of 2.

Cook this on a medium heat until it just starts to boil. Don't let it burn, so keep it stirred. Reduce the heat to very low, and let simmer for 30 minutes.

Serve with fresh bread and green salad.

It's a good cold day meal where that stick to your ribs warm meal is desired.

My Mom always said that you can eat what you want....but do everything in moderation....That's what I do......I eat everything and anything....IN MODERATION!!!!
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad
    My Mom always said that you can eat what you want....but do everything in moderation....That's what I do......I eat everything and anything....IN MODERATION!!!!
    Ditto..! What I was taught also. Though, I'm bad at keeping the sweets in moderation... I love all veggies, lean meat, beans, fruits, nuts and alll that good stuff but them pies, cakes, cookies and deserts just keep haunting me.. (not my fault - my mother gave me that gene!) It's a good thing I have a good metabolism or I'd be a blimp!

And Vortex, I'm going to try your fish, ranch dressing and stuffing mix recipie today... been wondering how to do something different with my fish =)
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12