Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

9/12 mania: Massive tea party storms D.C. Patriots take figh

A REVOLUTIONARY IDEA

9/12 mania: Massive tea party storms D.C.

Patriots take fight for America directly to Capitol Hill

Posted: July 13, 2009
    8:27 pm Eastern
    By Chelsea Schilling
    © 2009 WorldNetDaily

Thousands of taxpayers from across the nation are planning to descend on Washington, D.C., to take their fight against excessive spending, bailouts, growth of big government and soaring deficits to the front door of the U.S. Capitol – and they say lawmakers can't hide from their loud and clear message.

Fox News' Glenn Beck has been promoting the 9-12 Project to bring citizens back "to the place we were on September 12, 2001."

"The day after America was attacked we were not obsessed with Red States, Blue States or political parties," the 9-12 Project website states. "We were united as Americans, standing together to protect the values and principles of the greatest nation ever created."

In the following video, Beck called Americans to forget about party politics and fight for the return to basic principles upon which the nation was founded.

"Our economy is tanking. It doesn't show signs of improving," Beck said. "There are people losing jobs, and it doesn't look like there is more help on the way there; there are more cuts on the way. People around the world are taking to the streets. Our government responds with bailouts, and when you call them up and say 'What are you doing?' you don't get any response. They're not listening to you."

The White House has not responded to WND's request for comment.

Beck continued, "Ponzi scheme crooks get away with millions, tax cheats are getting promotions, terrorists are on the run, and you just want your family safe. You just want your children to grow up in a sane country, and you don't want anybody indoctrinating your kids when they get to school. I think a lot of people feel like they're alone and they just want to give up. I'm here to tell you something important, and that is: You are not alone."

Get ready for Sept. 12! Visit the one and only "tea party store" now.

Beck said Americans were busy "burying our heads in the sand" or "playing politics" on Sept. 10, 2001.

"It was about Republicans or Democrats," he said. "On 9/11, we were freaking out and no one knew who attacked us. … On 9/12, no one in the government had to tell us what to do. We just did it. … We gathered our families together. We prayed. We were the people that our grandparents were, and nobody had to tell us."

Then the political parties got involved, he said, and Americans went back to their partisan squabbling.

The 9-12 Project challenges Americans to recommit themselves to the following principles:

America is good.
    I believe in God and He is the Center of my life.
    I must always try to be a more honest person that I was yesterday
    The family is sacred. My family and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
    If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
    I have a right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
    I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
    It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
    The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
    And the project also emphasizes the following 12 values:

honesty
    reverence
    hope
    thrift
    humility
    charity
    sincerity
    moderation
    hard work
    courage
    personal responsibility
    gratitude
    "Become a 9-12er," Beck said. "Forget about arguing about the parties. … Forget about it. It is a waste of time, and I really believe time is running out."

Above all, he said, the No. 1 principle Americans must stand for is re-establishment of the Constitution.

In a major movement unaffiliated with – but inspired by – Beck's 9-12 Project, called the National Taxpayer Protest, thousands of Americans are answering the call and booking travel arrangements to make their voices heard at Capitol Hill on Sept. 12.

Several organizations have united to help organize the tea party movement's descent on the Capitol, including: Freedom Works, Grassfire/ResistNet, Tea Party Patriots, National Taxpayers Union, Club for Growth, Americans for Tax Reform, Young Americans for Liberty, Ayn Rand Center for Individual Rights, Our Country Deserves Better, Campaign for Liberty, Leadership Institute, Free Republic, Young America's Foundation, the National Association of Rural Land Owners and Smart Girl Politics.

Get your copy of "Joe the Plumber: Fighting for the American Dream" now!

"Our mission is to present a unified voice of concern over the current administration's policies regarding taxation, our economy, foreign and domestic policy, as well as our individual constitutional rights as American citizens," said Grassfire national coordinator Darla Dawald in an open invitation to the public to join the Sept. 12 taxpayer march in Washington, D.C. "America is in trouble, the problems and issues are broad and complex and it will take a monumental effort to stop, change and reverse the destructive course that this administration and Congress has put us on. Together, We the People can effect that change!"

On Sept. 10 and 11, the groups will host grassroots training seminars and Sept. 11 "We'll Never Forget" memorial. The taxpayer march is scheduled to begin at the Lincoln Memorial at 10 a.m. Sept. 12 and culminate with a rally at 1 p.m. in front of the Capitol.

The National Taxpayer Protest website offers detailed information on travel and hotel accommodations, including directions to the event. Tea party attendees may RSVP there as well.

More than 9,000 people have already registered through the protest website, and the number is growing rapidly.

"Obama managed to have 4 million show up at the Capitol grounds," Dawald told WND. "We need to do the same if not more. The financial situation is dire, but as one gentleman said, 'If I have to sell my belongings and crawl there, I will – because it's that important!'"

Jenny Beth Martin of Tea Party Patriots told WND the groups are focused on "protecting the values and principles that have made America the greatest nation for future generations."

She said a confirmed list of speakers and performers will be released soon.

Brendan Steinhauser of FreedomWorks said the movement is gaining momentum as taxpayers plan trips to Washington to join the fight against big government.

"People want to do this," he said. "The people who have been protesting around the country want to come to Washington and do this in D.C. In a lot of ways, they are being ignored and the media is underrepresenting them and their numbers. They want to come together for one big event and send a very clear message."

Tea partiers in Washington D.C. on Independence Day weekend

Meanwhile, Beck's 9-12 Project mission statement explains:

We want to get everyone thinking like it is Sept. 12, 2001, again. Ask yourself these questions:

Do you watch the direction that America is being taken in and feel powerless to stop it?
    Do you believe that your voice isn't loud enough to be heard above the noise anymore?
    Do you read the headlines everyday and feel an empty pit in your stomach … as if you're completely alone?
    If you've answered YES, then you've fallen for the Wizard of Oz lie. While the voices you hear in the distance may sound intimidating, as if they surround us from all sides – the reality is very different. Once you pull back the curtain, you realize that there are only a few people pressing the buttons, and their voices are weak. The truth is that they don't surround us at all.

We surround them.

As part of his own challenge to America, Beck asked patriots to get together with friends and talk about the country, its values, principles and Founding Fathers' original purpose. He said to stay focused in the quest to take the America back.

"Believe me America, I am as tired as you are. I love my country," he said. "It's not the parties or anything else. It's the principles behind this country. Stand up and fight for them."

WND readers have been sending information on other upcoming tea parties. Tea Party Patriots also lists events by state on its website, including the follwoing:

Alabama

Wetumpka– Saturday, September 5, time to be announced, Gold Star Park, Shelby Street, downtown

California

Redding– Friday, July 17, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., location to be announced

Florida

Jacksonville – Friday, July 17, time to be announced, Riverwalk

Georgia

Albany – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., at Rep. Bishop's Albany office, 235 Roosevelt Avenue Albany Tower

Athens – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., at Rep. Broun's Athens office, 3706 Atlanta Hwy.

Atlanta – Friday, July 17, at Rep. Lewis' district office, the Equitable building, 100 Peachtree Street, NW

Augusta – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., at Rep. Barrow's Augusta office, 925 Laney Walker Blvd.

Brunswick – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., at Rep. Jack Kingston's Brunswick office, 805 Gloucester Street

Canton – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., at Rep. Price's Canton office, 100 North Street

Columbus – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., at Rep. Bishop's Columbus office, 18 Ninth Street

Dalton – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., at Rep. Deal's Dalton office, 415 E. Walnut Avenue

Dublin – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., at Rep. Marshall's Dublin office, 503 Bellevue Avenue

Evans – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., at Rep. Broun's Augusta/Evans office, 4246 Washington Rd.

Gainesville – Friday, July 17,12 p.m. to 1 p.m., at Rep. Deal's Gainesville office, 500 Jesse Jewel Pkwy

Hiawassee – Saturday, July 18, line up at 9:45 a.m., parade starts at 11 at 20 Main Street (Hwy 76) in parking lots behind bank and McConnell Memorial Church

Jonesboro – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., at Rep. Scott Jonesboro's office, 173 North Main Street

Lafayette – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., at Rep. Deal's Lafayette office, 108 W. LaFayette Square

Lawrenceville – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., at Rep. Linder's district office, 75 Langley Drive

Lithonia – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., at Rep. Johnston's district office, 5700 Hillandale Dr.

Macon – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., at Rep. Marshall's Macon office, 682 Cherry Street

Marietta – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., at Rep. Gingrey's Marietta office, 219 Roswell Street

Newnan – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., at Rep. Westmoreland's district office, 1601-B East Highway 34

Peachtree City – Saturday, July 18, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., at the Gathering Place, 203 MacIntosh Trail

Rome – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. at Rep. Gringrey's Rome office, 600 East First Street

Roswell – Saturday, Sept. 12, 11:30 a.m.to 1 p.m., Old Historic Square, Hwy 9 and Hwy 120

Sandersville – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., at Rep. Barrow's Sandersville office, city hall, 141 West Haynes Street

Savannah – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., 450 Mall Boulevard

Savannah – Friday, July 31, 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Rousakis Plaza, Historic River Street

Thomasville – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., at Rep. Bishop's Thomasville office, 137 East Jackson Street

Toccoa – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., at Rep. Broun's Tocca office, 194 Remsdale Street

Tucker – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., Rep. Johnston's district office, 3469 Lawrenceville Highway

Valdosta – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., Rep. Jack Kingston's Valdosta office, Valdosta Federal Bilding, 401 N. Patterson St.

Vidalia – Friday, July 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., in front of Rep. Barrow's Vidalia office, 107 Old Airport Rd.

Illinois

Peoria – Friday, July 17, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., Aaorn Shock's office at the federal courthouse, 100 Monroe St.

Massachusetts

New Bedford – Friday, July 17, 3 p.m., outside Rep. Barney Frank's office, 558 Pleasant St.

Missouri

Ellisville – Saturday, July 18, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Bluebird Park, 225 Kiefer Creek Road

Montana

Great Falls – Saturday, Sept. 12, 1 p.m., Park Drive and Central Avenue

Nevada

Mesquite – Tuesday, July 14, 12 p.m., Mesquite City Hall

New Jersey

New Brunswick – Thursday, July 16, 4 p.m., Rutgers University's Voorhees Mall between College Ave and George Street

New York

Staten Island – Saturday, Aug. 2, 12 p.m. to 3 p.m., Conference House Park - Tottenville

North Carolina

Goldsboro – Saturday, July 18, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Goldsboro Commons, 200 S. Center Street

Maydan – Saturday, July 25, 7 p.m., Washington Mills Bridge in Maydan, meet in bridge parking lot

Ohio

Columbus – Saturday, Aug. 1, Ohio statehouse, corner of Broad and High Street

Texas

Houston – Saturday, Sept. 12, 10 a.m, Norris Convention Center, I-10 and Beltway 8 Southeast corner

Virginia

Chesterfield – Saturday, July 25, 1 p.m. to 7 p.m., Chesterfield County Fairgrounds, 10300 Courthouse Rd.

Staunton – Saturday, Aug. 1, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Gypsy Hill Park Bandstand, Thornrose Avenue

Washington, D.C.

Washington, D.C. – Thursday, Sept. 10, 8 a.m., Capitol

Washington, D.C. – Saturday, Sept. 12, march on the capitol

Wisconsin

New Richmond – Saturday, July 18, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., New Richmond Heritage Center, 1100 Heritage Drive

For more information on these events, or to RSVP, visit the Tea Party Patriots website. http://www.teapartypatriots.org/

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=103412
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

this works out well for the Roger Hedgecock year "hold their feet to the Fire" starts the following day on the 13th and goes to the 16th of September