Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I am now listening to his comments on the fairness doctrine. He is having a discussio with Jeff Sessions. He says there4 will be one heck of a fight if this comes up.

Go to www.Marklevinshow.com click the "Audio" tab up top and then your show of choice. "Stream" seems to work best for me.

Another one you might want to listen for is Michael Savage. He cracks me up sometimes and so does Mark. They are both inteeligent to the extreme. Mark Levin is a constitutional lawyer who has written many books. Dr. Savage is also quite a prolific writer...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When I hear talk of "public good" in reference to radio
    station formats, I consider listening to the likes of Hannety,
    Lindbaugh & others as well as local show hosts as conforming
    to broadcasting for the public good.

They present information & insights that I can't get elsewhere.

The problem with that is, the information doesn't generally
    suit the Democratic National Party.

To that I say, tuffski shitski comrade.

If those people had anything of real value to say, or
    anyone willing to listen, they'd already have talk show
    hosts on the air all over the country.

Apparently they can't accomplish this feat so?....They're making
    changes in the laws to strangle my right to free speech
    over MY/OUR radio waves.

I am JON Q PUBLIC & I endorse this message.
    ------------------------
    Let me add that I am still a bit miffed over how the fcc et al
    treated Stern & Imus.

I wasn't Stern's biggest fan; hardly listened to him but,
    I support his right to use "my" airwaves for free speech.
    He did have his moments of lucid thought & he was often right.

Imus...he just got railroaded plain & simple.

LOL. Thanks for the link. You must have posted that about the time I posted. I am now listening to one of his podcast talking about the house of represenatives and how DC is not a state. I am impressed with the little I have heard. I am impressed to know he is a constitutional lawyer. It seems that our present president is not all that interested in the constitution yet he took an oath to keep it. Did the second time he took the oath did he use a Bible? I did not see one. What do you think is behind the fact he took it twice other than the fact he made a mistake the first time he took it?

SuzanneDeAz asked:
    This radio station similar to cabel that you are talking about is that a special radio? Do you sign up to listen using a particular radio? I
    Satellite radio is by subscription, and costs from $10 to $17 a month depending on the package.. All sorts of shows, including some talk radio, shockjocks like howard stern, news, sports and all sorts of music. Most radios are for cars (many new cars come with them already installed and an introductory free subscription for a few months.). There are also versions that are portable with adapters for cars. I do not know the answer to whether you would have to pay for additional radios. However, check stores that sell major electronics (such as WALMART, Radio Shack, Best Buy) because they probably sell the radios and could provide more specifics. I have seen them at WALMART. You can also check on the WEB (www.sirius.com)

Currrent advantages would be fewer commercials, wider selection of programming, and no noise/interference. Disadvantages: Less censorship can be a problem if kids will be listening. Satellite signals can be rained out. Cost.

I just read that the only provider, Sirius XM may be filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Sirius recently bought rival XM, has a lot of debt, and now with the financial crisis, cannot get refinancing. I believe Dish Network and another company (cant remember its name) managed by a senior exec for DirecTV have each indicated interest in buying Sirus XM. I hope someone does. I really believe it can provide a medium for talk radio if the leftists get their way.

I know that no one wants to add another subscription, but if talk radio is forced off the current broadcast stations it is a possible alternative. Sirius XM currently has around 20 million subscribers. Rush Limbaugh has an audience of over 20 million on AM and FM. I am sure many of them may subscribe to satellite radio, but I bet most do not. So adding Rush alone could potentially nearly double the current subscribers for satellite radio, making that medium more commercially viable and essentially out of the FCC's grip. Add in the other most popular talk shows (Hannity, O'Reilly, Savage, Laura Ingraham, Glen Beck, Mark Levin, Schnit, etc. ) I think they could more than double their current number of subscriptions.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

Thanks for sharing all of that. If it comes down that there is no more talk radio on am or fm I will certainly check into what you just shared. We have direct TV as I watch a lot of cabel so if it comes to having to pay to have talk radio I most likely will invest, however in the mean time I am greatful I do not have to fork out any money.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneDeAz
    It seems that our present president is not all that interested in the constitution yet he took an oath to keep it.
    Oh contraire'.
    Our POTUS is very interested in Constitutional law.
    He taught Constitutional law before becoming the pres.
    I'm sure even as we discuss him, he is figuring ways around those laws.
    Oh Yeeaaahhh!

I understand he knows the constitution but he wants to either ignore it or change it. Just the fact he refuses to set people's mind at ease by showing his birth certificate shows he either has little regard for the consititution or believes he is above it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12