Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Add "Hold Rove in Contempt" to Your Bailout Calls

Both parties are showing their true colors - green. While they pretend to be opposed to each other with their heads, look below the neck and you'll see one side wrestling down the hog while the other gets ready to cut its throat. This is the same bunch which suddenly gets "bipartisan" when it's time to push for a bigger version of NAFTA and shoots spit-wads at each other the rest of the time.

Being honest is a hazardous occupation up there. Republican AG Eliot Spitzer got set-up with a hooker, but at least he was spending his own money. Spitzer says:

Predatory lending was widely understood to present a looming national crisis. This threat was so clear that as New York attorney general, I joined with colleagues in the other 49 states in attempting to fill the void left by the federal government. Individually, and together, state attorneys general of both parties brought litigation or entered into settlements with many subprime lenders that were engaged in predatory lending practices. Several state legislatures, including New York's, enacted laws aimed at curbing such practices.

What did the Bush administration do in response? Did it reverse course and decide to take action to halt this burgeoning scourge? As Americans are now painfully aware, with hundreds of thousands of homeowners facing foreclosure and our markets reeling, the answer is a resounding no.

Not only did the Bush administration do nothing to protect consumers, it embarked on an aggressive and unprecedented campaign to prevent states from protecting their residents from the very problems to which the federal government was turning a blind eye.
    Now that We the People are finally wide awake, it should be payback time all around. Karl Rove shouldn't be allowed with thumbing his nose at a subpoena either, an act which would put any one of the rest of us in jail. Don't forget to say "and hold Karl Rove in contempt" when you make your NO on the bailout calls. Don't let any of them get away.

toll free number to Congress 800-828-0498 and ask to be connected to your Member.

Main Capitol switchboard number (24x7): 202-224-3121

I can appreciate the willingness to hold politicians accountable, but I think this is a little misguided. I am no fan of the Bush administration, but to their credit they did try to stop this many times over. Spitzer was probably outed because he was trying to stop this mess. You can hold many of the members of the house of representatives accountable for this. Barney Frank comes to mind.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Quote Originally Posted by ArticleIV
    I can appreciate the willingness to hold politicians accountable, but I think this is a little misguided. I am no fan of the Bush administration, but to their credit they did try to stop this many times over. Spitzer was probably outed because he was trying to stop this mess. You can hold many of the members of the house of representatives accountable for this. Barney Frank comes to mind.
    True story Article IV. Each and every corrupt freak that helped caused this mess should be removed from office, their pensions put back into the system and fined heavily. Both CEO's and Congressional members!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.