Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: African-American family finds racist note in hotel room, businessman says

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

African-American family finds racist note in hotel room, businessman says

African-American family finds racist note in hotel room, businessman says

By John Aidan Byrne
    5 hours ago

Frank Davis and his son, Michael, (not pictured) found a note with a racial slur in their hotel room while on vacation in Florida.

Frank Davis and his son, Michael, (not pictured) found a note with a racial slur in their hotel room while on vacation in Florida. (Horizon Services Corporation)

An African-American millionaire and his Manhattan consultant son were victims of a July 4th hate crime in their hotel room during a Florida vacation.

A racist creep apparently snuck into Frank and Michael Davis’ room at the upscale Art Ovation Hotel in Sarasota and left a 2-by-5 post-it note reading, “You’re a N—-R.”

After returning to their sixth-floor room from breakfast, the Davises found the sickening message placed on a globe-shaped bedside lamp.

“I was stone cold for 30 to 40 seconds when I read the note,” Michael Davis, 27, a consultant for a financial firm, told The Post.

“My first thought was, what did we do to deserve this? We tipped well, we were beyond nice to all the staff.”

Fearing for their lives, Michael and his parents called the police and the front desk. The Sarasota Police Department responded, but no suspects have been named.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/08...sman-says.html
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Disgusting. Check the video cameras, that will tell you was in the room while they were at breakfast.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    What makes them think another black person didn't write that note out of jealousy of the Davis family's obvious station and success in life? It certainly wouldn't be the first time one black person said such a thing to another. Funny how they quickly jumped to a conclusion with virtually zero facts.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's someone who works for the hotel who had access to the room, so they know who it was or have narrowed it down to a small group of employees. It's a racial slur and a wrongful act no matter who did it or what their race is.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    What makes them think another black person didn't write that note out of jealousy of the Davis family's obvious station and success in life? It certainly wouldn't be the first time one black person said such a thing to another. Funny how they quickly jumped to a conclusion with virtually zero facts.
    Does that make any difference as to how they felt finding that note?

I hope this did not happen...BUT I want to see proof first.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

What would you do if you came back to your room and someone had left a note in your that said "You're a Bitxh?" Would you disregard it or tell hotel management and call the police they like did? I'd probably check out of the hotel and let the hotel management handle it. The problem is if you don't report it and investigate it you don't know who has it in for you and if something worse happens, there's no record of it.

I would report it...BUT, they have surveillance...need to check that and get the proof who was in there.

I do not believe "some" of these stories any more.

I do not like what was written...but we need to see the facts and the proof.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    It's someone who works for the hotel who had access to the room, so they know who it was or have narrowed it down to a small group of employees. It's a racial slur and a wrongful act no matter who did it or what their race is.
    Okay, that still doesn't mean it wasn't a black person using the term. How can a black person be racist against another black person? How can a white person be racist against another white person? You and I both know, after reading the article, it is assumed the guilty party is not black. I'm just asking why that is. There is no proof of what the guilty persons race is, which means it may not have been intended as a racial slur.

I certainly think Mr. Davis was within his rights to report the note to the hotel manager, however, I think he overreacted when he called the police.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    Does that make any difference as to how they felt finding that note?[/SIZE]
    Absolutely! The emotions felt would be different.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast