Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

After Election: Grief counselors help Dem staffers cope

Grief counselors help Dem staffers cope

'It was like it was about death, it was bizarre' --Politico
    November 08, 2010

Grief counseling after the wipeout

A staffer for a congressional Democrat who came up short on Tuesday reports that a team of about five people stopped by their offices this morning to talk about payroll, benefits, writing a résumé, and so forth, with staffers who are now job hunting.

But one of the staffers was described as a "counselor" to help with the emotional aspect of the loss — and a section in the packet each staffer was given dealt with the stages of grief (for instance, Stage One being anger, and so on).

"It was like it was about death," the staffer said. "It was bizarre." The staffer did say the portions about the benefits and résumé writing were instructive.

The teams weren't sent by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office. Two people have suggested it may have been the Clerk's Office or Human Resources.

While Tuesday was definitely a major loss for the Democrats, I hadn't heard it cast in a stages-of-grief way before.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=225909
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They need to be given a copy of the book "5000 Year Leap", which details the founders brilliance in writing the Constitution, so they can understand why their tyrannical asses were tossed out by true freedom loving Americans.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned

Re: After Election: Grief counselors help Dem staffers cope

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    [b]Grief counselors help Dem staffers cope.

But one of the staffers was described as a "counselor" to help with the emotional aspect of the loss — and a section in the packet each staffer was given dealt with the stages of grief (for instance, Stage One being anger, and so on).

Quote Originally Posted by OneNationUnderGod

LOL priceless OneNation! If I could find a picture of THE ONE smugly stating "I won" after '08, that would be a good reminder of why they lost.
    "

I lost my job, could the government give me a counselor to help me through my grief. They are suppose to handhold me from craddle to grave right? I just don't think I can cope. The world is suppose to be fair so I guess they can explain to me why everybody else hasn't lost their job yet. I lost mine, shouldn't it be fair that they lose theirs. Oh wait, who will pay for it if no one is working?

Pathetic. Yeah, Dem Staffers, strut on out of there and meet the real world.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Quote Originally Posted by OneNationUnderGod

LOL priceless OneNation! If I could find a picture of THE ONE smugly stating "I won" after '08, that would be a good reminder of why they lost.

LMAO miguelina, I wish you could find that pic too!!

A staffer for a congressional Democrat who came up short on Tuesday reports that a team of about five people stopped by their offices this morning to talk about payroll, benefits, writing a résumé, and so forth, with staffers who are now job hunting.