Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: America has a massive truck driver shortage. Here's why few want an $80,000 job

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What will get worse?
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    What will get worse?
    Right now we have growers who can only get help in the field from immigrants or illegal aliens. Americans no longer are willing to do such jobs. When I started trucking I had no air conditioning. After I had it, when it stopped working, I parked the truck. Today drivers are even more spoiled. And of course there are more rules today to make driving risky.

So all you need is a little apathy, and no one wants to learn to drive a truck. As pot becomes legal, the apathy is likely to increase.

This isn't apathy in California, this is the oil business in Midland, Texas and a good economy creating jobs and raising wages for American Truck Drivers and other American Workers. I guess it's been so long since you've seen winning, you don't know it when you see it. SAD!!

GO TRUMP GO!!! Tell Canada, Mexico and the Euros to kiss your ass. We don't need them.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Truck Drivers in the USA. There are approximately 3.5 million professional truck drivers in the United States, according to estimates by the American Trucking Association.
    Truck Drivers in the USA | AllTrucking.com
    www.alltrucking.com/faq/truck-drivers-in-the-usa/

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This isn't apathy in California, this is the oil business in Midland, Texas and a good economy creating jobs and raising wages for American Truck Drivers and other American Workers. I guess it's been so long since you've seen winning, you don't know it when you see it. SAD!!
    It's true that I haven't seen winning in my life. I was a would-be inventor. But few inventors have the financial resources to get products to market by themselves, at least complex devices. But it's all behind me now.

The raise in wages is good for the employees that get them. But generally, for every winner, there is a loser. And as I have said, this contributes to inflation, and that is society's loss. If McDonald's gives their employees a minimum wage increase, those employees benefit in the short term. But the Dollar Meal becomes a Two Dollar meal. And everybody buying there loses until inflation gives them a raise. Then those employees are right back where they were, except it looks good on paper. If you store money under your mattress, or in a simple savings account, you lose. So the security which might have once been adequate, is no longer adequate.

Inflation is an illusion of prosperity!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    Truck Drivers in the USA. There are approximately 3.5 million professional truck drivers in the United States, according to estimates by the American Trucking Association.
    Truck Drivers in the USA | AllTrucking.com
    www.alltrucking.com/faq/truck-drivers-in-the-usa/
    I'm too old and couldn't pass the health requirements!

Higher wages are not only good for the employees who get them, they're good for their families, they're good for the businesses they trade with, they're good for the communities they live in, and they're good for our country.

What's happening in the United States right now is the most exciting political-economic event of our lifetimes.

Higher wages are not only good for the employees who get them, they're good for their families, they're good for the businesses they trade with, they're good for the communities they live in
    That much is true, at least in the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    and they're good for our country.
    That part is wrong! As I pointed out, those higher wages result in higher prices. So purchase power, after the round of increases, is lost and the country, over all, loses.

Inflation is an illusion of prosperity!

Inflation is the result of higher demand than supply, which is corrected when either supply increases or demand retracts.

Inflation is the result of higher demand than supply, which is corrected when either supply increases or demand retracts.
    No, inflation is spending more than you have which adds financing cost the the actual cost of production. In the end, that causes the money to become worth less.

If we still had an actual reserve backing up each dollar, like silver and gold certificates of old, the amount of total dollars we would have would be grown by the actual reserve we had on hand. GDP would still expand as production expands, but it wouldn't be fictitious monetary increases. The Stock Market would grow much slower. But year to year your money would maintain its value. It's buying power would be the same and reliable.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast