Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

email just rec'd from Tancredo:

HOLD ON TO YOUR SEATS……WE’RE BLASTING OFF!!!!

Dear ...,

We have just stunned the Washington political establishment and the “mainstreamâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I didn't even know Huckaby was running!

Brownback ran a bunch of ads slamming Tancredo on arbortion. Tancredo has a conservative view on abortion, but Brownback made hay about some pro-abortion group giving Tancredo a few dollars years ago. Sort of the same slimy tactics the SPLC uses.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    Glad to See ROn Paul in the Middle of the Pack.
    Yes, but you also must consider some pretty interesting things.

1. He was only there campaigning for ~ days, literally less than a week.
    2. He spent a fraction, probably 10% of what others spent who were in the top 4.

What is important is that his message alone drew that much. Whereas others have been there for 3 weeks for more, and have visited all the districts, they didn't get 'more' votes proportionate to their time spent, and their monies spent.

So, all in all.. it was a very good finish for Ron Paul. He also hit a personal record for donations 2 or so days ago.. so his message is flourishing despite MSM not covering him and other, lets say - inappropriate things.

I was hoping Tancredo would get higher... he's been there for 3+ weeks and spent alot of money and visited all districts.... i heard there were some shenanigans with his buses and some supporters being told they were cancelled but I can't substantiate it... if that is the case, he could of polled higher, thus forcing brownbeck to drop out of the race...

All in all, Ron Paul did very well if one looks at the logistics only.. which is considerable.. Less than a week and barely any money spent and he got 500 votes less than Tancredo..

Yeah! HOLD ON TO YOUR SEATS……WE’RE BLASTING OFF!!!!
    I am so excited for Tancredo (and all of us)! I sure hope this shows others that he has the voters' attention! And he will do what he says because that is what he believes in! Wow!!!
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

MW
    BrightNail wrote:

2. He spent a fraction, probably 10% of what others spent who were in the top 4
    Same for Hunter - he was there less than a week. I don't know how much money he spent, but I'm assuming it was very little. Unlike Romney, he certainly didn't pay for votes.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    BrightNail wrote:

2. He spent a fraction, probably 10% of what others spent who were in the top 4
    Same for Hunter - he was there less than a week. I don't know how much money he spent, but I'm assuming it was very little. Unlike Romney, he certainly didn't pay for votes.
    Yeah.. I think about 5 days for Ron Paul.

Yes, it is well known that Romney "paid" for his votes, he also solicted two democrate politicians for votes:
    http://www.iowaindependent.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=768

I am also thinking Tancredo might step out.. as someone mentioned that Arizona law prohibites a politician from running two races simulataneous, ie congress and presidential. Plus, I am rather sure he is very low on money.

Brownback spent over 600,000 on Ames, so I think he is rather "low" on funds too...

The field is thinning out...

I think if Duncan folds he will probably support Tancredo or Paul, I can't say. Thommy Tompson is out as he previously stated if he didn't finish 2nd he was folding...

I gotta say, with the DIEBOLD machines being used, people aren't all that "faithful" in the results...... a machine or two malfunctioned this time..
    I think unless Iowa changed their voting policy, their legitimacy will fade..

MW
    BrightNail wrote:

I think if Duncan folds he will probably support Tancredo or Paul, I can't say. Thommy Tompson is out as he previously stated if he didn't finish 2nd he was folding...
    I haven't heard any talk of Duncan Hunter folding his tent. Furthermore, I think it would be a mistake for him to to so at this point. Personally, I don't see how a straw poll like the one conducted in Ames can have a serious influence on the race, expecially when ever one knows Romney bought his victory. I don't know what Hunter's financial status is, but I have heard that he spent very little in Ames (compared to other candidates). The straw poll certainly can't be a tell-all or Guilani, Fred Thompson, and McCain would have been there.

I'm glad to see that Tancredo did well, however, I do believe, when compared to Hunter and Paul, he spent some serious funds in Ames.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail

I am also thinking Tancredo might step out.. as someone mentioned that Arizona law prohibites a politician from running two races simulataneous, ie congress and presidential. Plus, I am rather sure he is very low on money.
    Tancredo is a congressman from Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    email just rec'd from Tancredo:

HOLD ON TO YOUR SEATS……WE’RE BLASTING OFF!!!!

Dear ...,

Today’s results will probably result in the field narrowing, and some candidates will probably drop out. But my friend, we are moving forward!

I really hope you will help us kick off this exciting new chapter in our campaign today with a special contribution. We used our funds to great effect this month in Iowa, as the results today prove, but now we need to get ready to take our momentum from Iowa into states like New Hampshire and South Carolina. That’s why your gift today would be such a great boost to us!

As a Christian, I believe in miracles. And I think today we may have seen a real miracle take place here in Iowa. Thank you, again, for your patriotism, for your commitment to our shared cause, and for your friendship.

Tom Tancredo

P.S. You should have seen the look on some of the media pundits faces here in Ames tonight when the results were announced! But I guarantee you that they will be looking at our campaign a lot differently from now on! Please try and make a special contribution today, so that we can carry our message even more effectively to millions more Americans in the weeks ahead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12