Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Anchor Lou Dobbs says he's leaving CNN immediately

One of the guests Lou had on his show tonight mentions all the talk hosts that the LEFTIES are strong arming to get off the air completely. Hunting season does not start in New Jersey till November so this is an idiotic statement (But an official with the New Jersey State Police played down the incident, telling the Huffington Post that a hunter was probably to blame and that the stray bullet hit the attic of Dobbs's house. )

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... eheadlines

Anchor Lou Dobbs says he's leaving CNN immediately

FILE - In this 2005 file photo provided by CNN, news anchor Lou Dobbs sits on the set of his show, "Lou Dobs Tonight," in New York (AP Photo/CNN, Mark Hill, File) (Mark Hill - AP)
    Enlarge Photo

By Howard Kurtz
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009; 7:56 PM

Lou Dobbs, the most opinionated and divisive anchor at a cable network that bills itself as a straight-news oasis, resigned from CNN last night, saying he wants "to go beyond the role" of a television journalist in tackling the country's problems.

Saying he is acting at the urging of "some leaders in media, politics and business," Dobbs struck a populist tone, attempting to position himself as a political leader who would take on "the lack of true representation in Washington, D.C." He said that public debate was now defined by "partisanship and ideology" and that he would continue to speak out "in the most honest and direct language possible."

Liberal groups such as NDN and Media Matters had mounted a "Dump Dobbs" campaign, and Latino organizations challenged such Dobbs declarations as his 2006 statement that about a third of the U.S. prison population "is estimated to be illegal aliens"¿which the anchor later acknowledged was way off. But his position at CNN seemed secure, even as the network touted itself as a down-the-middle alternative to right-leaning Fox News and left-leaning MSNBC.

The surprise announcement by Dobbs, whose fervent opposition to illegal immigration has come to define his career, stunned most staffers at the network he helped launch in 1980. He only hinted at disagreements with CNN President Jon Klein, saying that after extensive talks Klein had agreed to let him out of his multimillion-dollar contract.

Signaling his already apparent opposition to the Obama administration, Dobbs said that in the last six months "strong winds have buffeted this country." He vowed to "be a leader" in a "national conversation" about immigration, jobs, health care, climate change and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan¿as well as "our now-weakened capitalist economy."

Dobbs was once a conventional business anchor who hosted the program "Moneyline." But in recent years, the renamed "Lou Dobbs Tonight" has served as a forum for his strong and often controversial opinions, sometimes to the discomfort of correspondents appearing as guests. Dobbs drew fire earlier this year by urging President Obama to do more to prove that he was born in Hawaii, seeming to lend credence to unsubstantiated claims by the so-called "birthers."

Last month, Dobbs said that shots had been fired at his New Jersey home while he and his wife were outside. On his radio show, Dobbs tied the shooting to his immigration stance, saying "the national liberal media has chosen sides. And they have decided that they're going to focus on the liberal view, which is that they will embrace illegal immigration no matter who is harmed, no matter how many laws are broken, or how few consequences there are for breaking those laws. My wife has now been and I have been shot at."

But an official with the New Jersey State Police played down the incident, telling the Huffington Post that a hunter was probably to blame and that the stray bullet hit the attic of Dobbs's house.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

The more I read and hear, the more I am hoping Lou is leaning towards running for office. New Jersey is corrupt, our current Congress is corrupt, our Presidential office is corrupt. That leaves oh so many possiblies...

PLEASE RUN, LOU! Run for any office, AMERICA needs you!

Very interesting...let's see how this plays out.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

ELE

The American people need all the help they can get..........

Lou Dobbs got the ball rolling so that people like Glenn Beck could emerge. I hope Lou Dobbs runs for office.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Sen. Robert Menendez's (D - NJ) term ends in January of 2013.

Sen. Frank R. Lautenberg's (D - NJ) term ends in January of 2015.

If I am not mistaken, Lou Dobbs would not have as much clout in the House as he had as an evening news anchor on CNN. But that door seems to have closed on the way out, so he probably will run for Congress.

I don't think Mr. Dobbs quit to pursue bigger fish in a bigger pond. I think he was fired for irreconcilable differences, meaning CNN will have to buy out his contract, or a sizable portion thereof. But I have no inside information... that's just a guess.

As for that "stray hunter's bullet..."

If it were a distant hunter, how would Mr. and Mrs. Dobbs know someone shot at the house, not having found the bullet at the time? If they didn't see a bullet, they must have heard a shot, which would mean that a hunter would have been close enough - within a few hundred yards - to realize that he was firing in an unsafe direction.

Seems to me that the New Jersey State Police official was brushing aside or explaining away an unresolved incidence of assault with a deadly weapon.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

I listened to his statement again and IMO he is going to run for office. He says people have been urging him to get more involved in the politics of our country. Listen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtcLWkhydrA
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

He could move to Manhattan and run for Gillibrands seat in the next election.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    NO WAY I want him as gov in Colorado!!! He can get rid of our illegals first!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    NO WAY I want him as gov in Colorado!!! He can get rid of our illegals first!!
    tancredo is going for that