Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

They probably do exist. Even if 99.5% of all sightings throughout history were bogus or something else (weather, airplane, etc) there's always that 0.5% that no one can really explain. Why should we be the only intelligent race?
    Isaac Asimov, an award-winning science fiction writer, and a scientist as well, once noted that given the billions of stars in the universe, and the hundreds of billions of planets surrounding those stars, there was a higher probability of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe than there was the probability of no other intelligent life.

Makes sense to me. Besides, it is questionable as to whether there is intelligent life on Earth. After all,this is a planet that has created the UN and put the most powerful country on the planet in the hands of a bunch of imbeciles who believe spending more money somehow reduces debt.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

Well, that certainly explains my ex!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro

Yeah just sitting back and watchin the show!!
    Heck the space aliens are probably charging admission!
    Can you image what a slapstick comedy we would be to them?

Or it could be they look at us like we look at that "Ant Farm" toy.
    That reminds me of a South Park episode where the kids discover that Earth is nothing more than a reality TV show for a Universal TV station.

I personally do believe life is abundant in our universe. But that is just a small part of it. We know that there are parallel universes that exist along side with this one. Our small brain power (we only use 10% of our brain) can't perceive other dimensions. Physicist Michio Kaku has the perfect analogy. Imagine yourself as a fish in a shallow pond. You know back and forth, left and right, so basically you exist in 2 dimensions because you don't know what up or down is. Now imagine someone reaching their hand into the pond and taking you out. For the first time, you are able to perceive a 3rd dimension because you now know what that is. It's the same with us. I think at some point in time that humans will perceive the 4th dimension once it reveals itself to us.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12