Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: The attorney general is not the president’s lawyer

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post
    I believe you know what I mean, but just in case you are not deflecting and spinning, I mean.......

Trump needs to be help accountable for his campaign promises, and that includes his promises on immigration, and draining the swamp.
    You still can't say exactly what you mean! The one thing I see that he could have done is on day one, cancel DACA by EO. He failed to do that. The rest is beyond his power. Who did he specifically name as being the swamp? Exactly how could he clean up the swamp? He can't fire representatives. Even firing Cabinet members is not easy. They have to be replaced. If you as the new executive of a company fire all its employees, you've pretty much put the company out of business. Think!

So you have set a pretty high bar for him to pass, and condemn him for not doing what he can't do.

What gave you the idea that you needed to inform me Hillary lost her run?
    It seems evident that you haven't a clue!

Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders
    My statement and I quote-----"Our elected officials need to be held accountable and that includes Trump!"
    So what does that mean to you? Impeachment? Generally the solution we voters have is voting them out of office. But in case you haven't a clue, that seldom happens. Voters generally go for the incumbent rather than an unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders
    I will even explain the reason I make that statement in that manner.

Most people think of our elected officials as all elected officials including President and Congress, however there are a group who thinks Trump is above being held accountable for anything.
    Okay, what can you do about it? You have to get the Attorney General to bring an investigation against any of them. You have to get a majority of Congress to Impeach the President. You and I don't have the authority. And you know the crooks are covering for the crooks. So while you can cry about the corruption, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO FIX IT?

Gee does that really need explaining?

Let's start with NOT defending and making silly excuses for every broken promise.

How about when he tells a straight our lie, not arguing for 2 days that he is telling the truth. Do you need an example of that or do you remember?
    You still don't say what you mean. Which lie are you talking about? Should he be Impeached for it?

You keep beating around the bush with generalities, apparently wanting him Impeached, but deny that you are against him.

I look at your footer and it appears that you fell for it, whatever it is!

Senior Member 6 Million Dollar Man's Avatar

The problem with all of this is that Trump doesn’t seem to understand the role of the U.S. attorney general. The AG is not the president’s lawyer but the country’s. That means that the attorney general does not defend the president but, instead, represents the country in legal matters.
    Sounds good to me. Now let the man do his job, which is to fight illegal immigration.

It sounds good but is completely wrong. The Attorney General represents the Executive Branch including the White House and Office of the President. The Attorney General defends the actions of the Executive Branch as well, and also protects the civil rights of all Americans, no matter what campaign you worked on or who you voted for. The Attorney General and his DOJ do not have legal authority to target Trump, Trump campaign workers, Trump family, Trump friends, lawyers, associates, or businesses searching for crimes and when they can't find them making them up to frame people, which is what's going on now and has been for the entirety of Jeff Sessions tenure as AG.

Everything they are doing in regards to Trump is illegal and unconstitutional because there was no reasonable suspicion or probable cause to investigate because there was no crime to investigate in the first place and there still isn't.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345