REVIVING WITCHCRAFT: SPIRITUAL WAR IS ON THE RISE

By Berit Kjos
November 12, 2011
NewsWithViews.com
many links on this post

"Feminist proponents of Wicca, or modern-day witchcraft, now can be found within the clergy promoting the cult of the Goddess in many mainline Christian denominations."[1]

"Harry [Potter] is far from being a devil or a witch. Rather, says the Presbyterian minister... he actually is a Christ-like figure.... [He calls the books] 'a modern interpretation of the gospel.'"[2]

"The Complete Witches' Handbook. Everything you need to know....Initiation Rites; Consecration Rites; Spells....Over 200,000 sold!"[3]

"Villages...are gripped by fear. In playgrounds and on the roadside are posters warning of the danger of abduction by witch doctors for the purpose of child sacrifice. The ritual...was almost unheard of in [Uganda] until about three years ago, but it has re-emerged."[4]

"There shall not be found among you anyone who... practices witchcraft... or a sorcerer, or one who conjures spells, or a medium..." Deut. 18:10-12

While researching the "green movement" back in the early nineties, I was hiking through a beautiful forest with a young environmental activist. She had just told me that she was a witch, a lesbian, and an elementary school teacher. She wanted to help build a "better" world -- one that reflected her quest for "good, not evil" power.

"If you love nature so much, how can you be a Christian?" asked Tracy as we headed up a trail.

"Why does that surprise you?" I asked.

"Your God separated people from the earth. We believe in oneness with nature."

I prayed for words that would speak to her heart. "Tracy, I know the God who created all this beauty," I began. "He loves it, and He fills me with His love for His creation...."

Silently we listened to the whispers of the wind in the treetops. They reminded me of the kindness of my Creator and I felt a surge of joy.

"Tracy, I pray and thank God for the wonders of His creation," I said. "Do you pray to the goddess?"

"No," she answered. "We don't pray. We call it 'doing magic'."

"Doing magic?" That's the opposite of trusting God! “Doing magicâ€