Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanTreeFarmer's Avatar

"A Better Life" Hollywood movie with illegal hero

Roger L. Simon is an indepoendent Neo-Con who runs Pajamas Media

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmGMnXtL ... r_embedded

I received this in the email yesterday and got curious about the part where he says that he is no longer involved in a movie project he was first working with before his political shift. I did a Google search and what came up was a movie project he launched in 1989. The movie is named "A Better Life" and here is the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwIzW7yk3ZI

Now that he is more on the right side I hope Simon writes a sequel in which the protagonist says he realizes some things. 1)Immigrating illegally is as bad as joining a gang. 2)It is better to assist relatives in creating opportunity in whatever country they are legal in. Just within the trailers it is possible to see the protagonist borrowing money from his sister to buy an illegally driven truck and going out and hiring illegal day laborers. No doubt the gang leader is also looking for a better life it is just that his errors are obvious to more people.

If you note my name the topic effects me. My farm does not hire illegals.

If you note my name the topic effects me. My farm does not hire illegals
    A lot of farms here in N Carolina hire illegals. N Carolina is swarming in them today. Thanks to poilticians who fail to act or are afraid to upset the Hispanic population .......

Thanks AmericanTreeFarmer for doing your part
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou