Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Flannel pajamas are my main comfort this winter. They were on clearance at Kmart.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    Flannel pajamas are my main comfort this winter. They were on clearance at Kmart.
    We found a whole buch of wool robes and long johns and pjs on sale at kmart man cheapest we seen in a long time !!!
    seems like walmart trys and get everybody to go there and Kmart came up with some of the best stuff for the kids at the best prices...

Flannel sheets are the way to go, I use them and getting into bed is not as bad as using cotton sheets. I got them at LL Bean on sale.

Also, someone I know suggested putting a heating pad under the blanket and turning it on couple minutes before going to bed then turn off after you are warmed up.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Also, someone I know suggested putting a heating pad under the blanket and turning it on couple minutes before going to bed then turn off after you are warmed up

Good one!!

Here's another trick I learned:

When using the oven to cook dinner, put some foil wrapped bricks in on the rack you aren't using. Let them heat up, carefully take them out, and tuck them in under the covers at the foot of your bed.

Sounds silly maybe, but it works.

As for me because, yes, it does get cold at night here in AZ, believe it or not.........I have a pair of comfy, bootie type slippers that I use only to sleep in. Keeps my tootsies toasty.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Also, someone I know suggested putting a heating pad under the blanket and turning it on couple minutes before going to bed then turn off after you are warmed up

Good one!!

When using the oven to cook dinner, put some foil wrapped bricks in on the rack you aren't using. Let them heat up, carefully take them out, and tuck them in under the covers at the foot of your bed.

As for me because, yes, it does get cold at night here in AZ, believe it or not.........I have a pair of comfy, bootie type slippers that I use only to sleep in. Keeps my tootsies toasty.
    I do the same. Also, when you are done using the oven, leave the door open, it heats up the kitchen to toasty

Also, I take a hot bath before bedtime or really cold nights, it keeps you warm until the bed warms up.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath

Good one!!

I do the same. Also, when you are done using the oven, leave the door open, it heats up the kitchen to toasty
    Also, I take a hot bath before bedtime or really cold nights, it keeps you warm until the bed warms up.

More great ideas Cayla!!

It's always surprising how much heat that generates and it's not only not being wasted, it helps the oven cool down a lot faster which is always helpful if you have a spill in there to clean up and want to get it done as quickly as possible,

You just have to remember to keep little ones out of the kitchen and a close eye on the pets.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I still think the one thing that the goverment cannot try to control would be a wood stove. If any of you have never lived with one, you'd be surprised how much they heat with just a couple of good logs (fruit wood works the best for longest).

I live up here in "forest land" and the forest service allows permits to people for little $$$ to go and find downed trees to cut for fire wood, they also have a program (so I have heard) for people who are what they call "inidigent" to cut wood for free (I think that most people I know these days would qualify under that one unfortunately).

I dream of a wood stove, I know it sounds crazy, but I grew up with them, and now living in city rentals, it is driving me crazy having to pay the high electric bills and not have wood to heat with (and when we have windstorms or ice storms and powers out, you still have heat, cooking and a way to heat water for warm baths). Besides, it is a completely different kind of heat, it warms you to the bone, not like electric heat which barely warms your skin.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I still think the one thing that the goverment cannot try to control would be a wood stove. If any of you have never lived with one, you'd be surprised how much they heat with just a couple of good logs (fruit wood works the best for longest).
    Sorry elizabeth, but they are regulating that. There are fireplace and wood stove bans when the night is cold, in most California counties and I noticed on the drive out here, the radios even in places like Wyoming were reminding people of the "spare the air" nights.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Of course, my hot flashes help with the heating bill too.

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    Of course, my hot flashes help with the heating bill too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast