Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    I still think the one thing that the goverment cannot try to control would be a wood stove. If any of you have never lived with one, you'd be surprised how much they heat with just a couple of good logs (fruit wood works the best for longest).
    Sorry elizabeth, but they are regulating that. There are fireplace and wood stove bans when the night is cold, in most California counties and I noticed on the drive out here, the radios even in places like Wyoming were reminding people of the "spare the air" nights.

We've got the same deal here in AZ. They will incessantly build freeways with no thought of the pollution but on high pollution days.....basically every day anymore.....it is broadcast on the news as being a "no burn day". Fireplaces and woodstoves, even outdoor firepit use, is banned. There are very hefty fines involved if you're caught ignoring the no burn order.

It makes no sense whatsoever.......
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Woe unto the public official in Oregon for making a suggestion to ban fireplace or woodstove burning, EVER!!!!

There are no such bans here, and the only banning done up here has been fires out in the national forests during the really high risk fire season, end of the summer when things have gotten really dry, but I do believe that is within reason. Sometimes there are backyard burning bans, when the winds are not good enough to take away the smoke, and there are special "burn days" (for yard debris), but I always felt that was so the fire department did not have to make special calls to homes to be sure they are being torched (there are plenty of people who are careless enough to warrnt this kind of in city ban).
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Your really going to think this is weird, but when I was young we "tented" the beds. Keeps the body heat inside the sleeping area and warms the air you breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by 1_paint
    Your really going to think this is weird, but when I was young we "tented" the beds. Keeps the body heat inside the sleeping area and warms the air you breathe.

If that is weird, I am weird too. My grandmother did that when we slept over at her house lol
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 1_paint

If that is weird, I am weird too. My grandmother did that when we slept over at her house lol
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Never tried the "tent" thing, other than to entertain the kids on a Friday night so we could watch a movie uninterupted, though I do have a canopy bed.

My giant homemade comforter is my best weapon though. I am lucky in that, my husband works for one of the largest quilting fabric wholesalers (batting and fiber filling too) in the country, and I have been able to make comforters. I usually make them one size too large for the beds so they can be tightly tucked in, keeps you toasty (most times my husband will throw it off in his sleep and assault me in the process!!).

Betsy, thinking of you, maybe I should send you a roll of thick batting and some fabric to make a duvet?......
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Once upon a time, long-long ago, I went into a K-Mart in the Summer. I walked into the store and it was so miserable. It had been raining, the temps were on the rise. Inside the store, it was so hot and uncomfortable, I asked if they were having A/C problems. I was told that the thermostat was controlled by corporate! I said, where are they located, up north? Don't they know how hot it gets down here? I left.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dixie, we took the kids into a local BK in the heat of summer, one so I would not have to cook, and also to get in an air conditioned place (we do not have that).

We walked into that fast food place, and they not only did not have any air conditioning going, but they had the doors closed!!!!!!!! I was appalled, said something to the counter person, asked why no air conditioning, and they said that they were trying to use less resources, they claimed they were doing it for the enviroment!! I said, "well, great, but as long as this place is bowing down to the enviromental PC crowd over the customers comfort, then this place will not get our business". Then we walked out and across the street to Dairy Queen, who had their air going and doors closed.

Ridiculous.

The point here folks is that we are allowing Big Brother to take control of our lives I am still not sure if George Orwell's book was trying to warn us or was (is) the guidebook for the elites because it seems what was written in the book is happening.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

How will they enforce this? Remember right now Arnold is proposing a 10% reduction in all state agencies including prisons. I think a person could disable the thing and not suffer any penalties.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast