Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bird Flu Could Appear in U.S. in Months

They have upped the anti:
    Bird Flu Could Appear in U.S. in Months
    WASHINGTON - A deadly strain of bird flu could appear in the United States in the next few months as wild birds migrate from infected nations, Homeland Security Michael Chertoff said Thursday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Chertoff said "there will be a reasonable possibility of a domestic fowl outbreak" as migrating birds mix with ducks, chickens and other birds in the U.S. But he cautioned against panic, noting that the Agriculture Department has dealt with other strains of bird flu for years.

"If we get a wild bird or even a domestic chicken that gets infected with avian flu, we're going to be able to deal with it, because we've got a lot of experience with that," Chertoff said, speaking to newspaper editors and publishers.
    "I can't predict, but I certainly have to say that we should be prepared for the possibility that at some point in the next few months, a wild fowl will come over the migratory pathway and will be infected with H5N1," he said.

The H5N1 strain has killed at least 95 people since 2003, mostly in Asia, according to the World Health Organization, and has devastated poultry stocks. Scientists are concerned that the virus could mutate into a form easily spread among people, sparking a pandemic.

http://news.yahoo.com

Chertoff can't even stop an illegal invasion of immigrations how the heck is he so capable of dealing with this ?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If we get a wild bird or even a domestic chicken that gets infected with avian flu, we're going to be able to deal with it, because we've got a lot of experience with that," Chertoff said, speaking to newspaper editors and publishers.
    Well, that's good to know.

I wonder what happens if we get two infected birds.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    If we get a wild bird or even a domestic chicken that gets infected with avian flu, we're going to be able to deal with it, because we've got a lot of experience with that," Chertoff said, speaking to newspaper editors and publishers.
    Well, that's good to know.

Please don't cause him any stress (2 birds) he is still lost on the illegal invasion thing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh, I need some humor tonight. Thank you, Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    Oh, I need some humor tonight. Thank you, Charles.
    Was my pleasure.
    I have been watching the movie "Day After" and needed some also.

There is so much going on it's unbelievable. It's no wonder we need a break now and then. Could we possibly have more on our plates ?!

Don't answer that question !
    God only knows what tomorrow will bring...or the days to come.

ON THE FLOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Floyd. I needed that.

And, you know, I wonder waht WILL happen. They will send in someone who knows as little as possible about birds and, when he fails to solve the problem in five minutes they will all start pointing fingers at each other again.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    There is so much going on it's unbelievable. It's no wonder we need a break now and then. Could we possibly have more on our plates ?!

Don't answer that question !
    God only knows what tomorrow will bring...or the days to come.
    yes there is more
    make sure you go to the below link and sign
    I need everyones help with this.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeacti ... 1141746165

I signed, Charles. Glad to. And this is what a petition is supposed to be like--not put in your name and e-mail address like that one they did about HR4437. That one will wind up right in the trash can because it has to be verifiable American citizens who sign.

I really like this one my friend: Sure would like to see more like it

Anonymous: Texas: United States:

We don't need to be selling off our forest land in order to make room for another 20 million illegal aliens. Let's keep what we have left. Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast