Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

'Birthers' fade after passage of law against them

'Birthers' fade after passage of law against them

Posted 3m ago

HONOLULU (AP) — The persistent quest for President Barack Obama's Hawaii birth certificate has died down since the state passed a law allowing it to ignore repetitive requests for the document.
    Far fewer "birthers," who claim Obama is ineligible to be president, have asked state officials to provide the document since the law was enacted in May, according to the state.

The law has never even been put to use, said Department of Health spokeswoman Janice Okubo. The number of people seeking proof that Obama was born outside of Hawaii and the United States diminished without the law being invoked.

Only about two or three e-mails now seek verification of Obama's birth each week, compared to between 10 and 20 weekly requests earlier this year.

"We have a handful of repeat requesters, but they know about the law," Okubo said. "They do everything they can to get around it."

Such tactics include having a relative or friend make the document request, she said, or asking for the vital records of Obama's relatives in search of clues that would show he was born outside the U.S.

Hawaii law has long barred the release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest.

State Health Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino issued statements last year and in October 2008 saying that she's seen and verified Obama's original vital records. Obama celebrated his 49th birthday on Wednesday.

Most of the remaining open records requests trickling into the government bureaucracy these days usually come from the same few people, Okubo said.

Many of their inquiries pursue "birth index data," which includes a list of names of all people born in the state. Obama's name is included among those born in Honolulu in 1961, according to the state.

"No one here is requesting Obama's birth certificate, since it is obvious that he doesn't possess a valid one," said one of the requesters, Sharon Rondeau, editor of The Post & Email website that publishes efforts to disprove Obama's birth in the United States.

In response, the Department of Health has offered to provide hundreds of sheets of index data if requesters will pay for it. At 25 cents per page, the 1961 birth index data would cost $98.75. So far, no one has paid for the papers.

The state's offer to hand over index data may not last. The department is asking the state attorney general for a ruling on whether it should give out that information, Okubo said.

Although the new Hawaii law allowing duplicative requests to be ignored may have discouraged people from asking, the drop-off in inquiries may be a natural outcome nearly two years after Obama was elected, said Republican state Rep. Gene Ward, who believes Obama was born in Hawaii.

"These kind of birther issues aren't what they were fresh after the election," said Ward, who voted against this year's legislation on open government grounds. "There are so many things that were residuals of the election, and this is just one that's carried on longer than usual. Eventually, it will go away."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/201 ... cate_N.htm
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We may have stoped asking Hawaii to stop lying to us but there are more than ever now....

Quote Originally Posted by hardlineconstitutionalist
    We may have stoped asking Hawaii to stop lying to us but there are more than ever now....
    You took the words right out of my mouth...I think something in the order of 40% of Americans now question Obama's place of birth? The issue is NOT going to go away. There is far too much at stake including the complicity of those who allowed and even instigated this cover-up. The truth will be known.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Good. I would go a step further and say that birthers should pay for the frivolous lawsuits, and not the taxpayer. I don't like to pay for crazy. Especially when the "birther thread" is so huge, but provides nothing but heresay and propaganda, but people see it as the truth.
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthIllegal
    Good. I would go a step further and say that birthers should pay for the frivolous lawsuits, and not the taxpayer. I don't like to pay for crazy. Especially when the "birther thread" is so huge, but provides nothing but heresay and propaganda, but people see it as the truth.
    YES.
    Many bloggers make stuff up and post it on the internet and some people accept it as the truth.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

These "frivolous" lawsuits that you mention are simply asking for the truth about our CIC to be made available to the public. It has not. There are folks who have put their lives, credibility and honor on the line seeking the truth. This isn't about race, it's about justice. Obama's team of attorney's have spent millions keeping his birth, school and college records locked away from the public. Now, ask yourself an honest question, why do you think that is? I would suggest that a better way to focus on frivolous lawsuits is to take a hard look at the one that Eric Holder filed against Arizona's SB1077.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    These "frivolous" lawsuits that you mention are simply asking for the truth about our CIC to be made available to the public. It has not. There are folks who have put their lives, credibility and honor on the line seeking the truth. This isn't about race, it's about justice. Obama's team of attorney's have spent millions keeping his birth, school and college records locked away from the public. Now, ask yourself an honest question, why do you think that is? I would suggest that a better way to focus on frivolous lawsuits is to take a hard look at the one that Eric Holder filed against Arizona's SB1077.
    Ahhhh, but the CIC was made available, you just refuse to accept it. Sorry your guy lost but it's time to get over it. Stop believing everything you read. Everything you have said is from blogs and untrustworthy news "sources." Look at the Breitbart scandal. He was exposed as a fraud which the evidence PROVES, but no one believes it. The birther issue is the same. The evidence is there, just not found on the websites that have no other agenda than hating Obama.
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.