Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

black American campaign to end the hyphenating of America

Lloyd Marcus, Black unhyphenated American

Internationally known black American launches campaign to end the hyphenating of America

By Lloyd Marcus
    Monday, October 12, 2009

Lloyd Marcus is a black conservative activist, national spokesperson, entertainer and singer/songwriter of the “American Tea Party Anthem.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I liked this guy when he hit the DC rally that I watched on CSpan. And I speak from being a Scandinavian-Irish-German-Asian-primordial soup-whose-predecessors-arrived-by-asteroid-hitting-Earth American. His message is very important--either we are proud Americans or we ain't.
    And the slicing of our population into ethnic groups by governments as long as I can remember is ridiculous--are you a citizen or working toward citizenship, or are you here to gain money and do your best to bring down this country?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree. They are not African Americans they are Americans of African decent, or not. We are all in this together. I nevedr did like the term AFrican American. I think it is this thinking that gives fuel for the racist talk in this country. I think, except for a SMALL minority, most people in this country are color blind. We should be voting for character, not color. People say whites are scared because they might be losing their control, but we lost that along time ago when we started affirmative action. So who cares the color, as long as their values are the same as mine.

I also include other races into my remarks. We should all be united for one cause, America.

In the liberal sponsored "I Pledge" video giving praise to Obama, Michael Strahan said the exact same thing "to consider myself an American, not an African American."
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

America First, what a simple freedom sounding expression,unite under one name I hope it catches on but too many people make money from dividing us.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

I like Lloyd Marcus' beliefs and ideas. I'm sick of the hyphenating of America. More people need to focus on being Americans and being loyal to this country instead of caring about being an "African American" or anything else.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

I have always resisted using hyphens to describe Americans. You are either an American or something else. If some other hyphened American, go back to whereever. If you are an American, then join our American family and assimilate and join in. Don't be waving around other flags. American, or go home. We need to unite, not multi-culture ourselves apart.
    WHERE'S THE <u>REAL</u> BIRTH CERTIFICATE, Barry? I still question your citizenship.