Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Blacks in NY Grow Sick of Being Used as Liberal Pawns

I can only hope that more and more blacks will wake up to the danger that liberal ideology pose to them and their families

Blacks in New York Grow Sick of Being Used as Liberal Pawns

- Fred Dardick Saturday, July 2, 2011
    many links on this post

In a sign that the Democratic Party stranglehold over the black community is starting to slip, hundreds of blacks protested in New York this past week against the harmful educational policies that the NAACP and the United Federation of Teachers union are trying to force upon their children.

As reported by Caroline May for The Daily Caller, “charter school parents staged another of several rallies to voice opposition to a lawsuit brought by the UFT and NAACP against the New York City Department of Education. If the organizations are successful with their suit, it would prevent enrollment or re-enrollment in 17 charter schools and stop the closure of 22 public schools.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Excellent article. And he's absolutely right.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Here's some background info:

NAACP chief Hazel Dukes' war on charter schools hurts minority kids she says she's trying to help
    Wednesday, June 29th 2011, 4:00 AM

Hazel Dukes, the president the New York state branch of the NAACP.

On Monday, a group of charter school parents rallied outside United Federation of Teachers headquarters to protest the union's attempt to crimp their children's educational opportunity via lawsuit.

The speakers happened to be black, as are many charter school mothers and fathers, and their arguments were quite powerful. "Don't fight my little girl," one mom implored. To watch them was to wonder why in heaven's name the state branch of the NAACP teamed up with the union in the court action.

The answer resides with the skewed thinking of state NAACP President Hazel Dukes.

Dukes, it will be remembered, recently sent an email to the Hispanic mother of a charter student, accusing the woman of "doing the business of slave masters."

On Monday night, Dukes surfaced at a public hearing of the Panel for Educational Policy. The agenda included a vote on plans to have charter schools share space with traditional public schools in seven buildings.

Dukes confronted a member of the public who had commented on her "slave masters" charge. Standing face to face, she pointed at the woman's chest while shouting, "Don't call my name. How dare you?"

In another confrontation, Dukes told Clifford Thomas, the African-American founder of the Invictus Preparatory Charter School who grew up in a housing project and attended Harvard, that he owed his success to her civil rights advocacy.

"You went to Harvard on my back, not because you're smart, not because you work hard," she informed him, making perfectly clear the distorted outlook that led the NAACP to work against the interests of minority children.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/201 ... z1R66gIr25

What About Our Daughters
    Unapologetic, Uncompromising, and Unbowed in Defense of Black Women and Girls.

Hazel Dukes Unhinged:NAACP Leader In Altercation with NYC Parents While Preaching "Civility"

Friday, July 1, 2011 at 7:00AM The Blogmother

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7E19QuR ... r_embedded
    Watch the ENTIRE VIDEO...Hazel Dukes gets more EXTRA with each passing second. Somewhere Ben Jealous is in the fetal position.

Can we all agree that I'm pretty good at game theory? We can't? Okay well anywhoo. This story out of NYC of the Black parents vs. the Elite Establishment just intrigues me. To refresh your memory, the NAACP has filed a lawsuit to boot a bunch of Black children in Harlem out of charter schools and the parents of those children are none-too-pleased.

But you rarely see ordinary Black people take on the Black Elite Establishment in public...which is why Hazel Dukes appears to be becoming unhinged... or more entertaining than ever.

Here's a story update:

Hazel Dukes of the NAACP is a treasure trove of blog-worthy goodness. I LUV HER! Why? Because she says stuff like this!

"She said I went to Harvard on her back," said Cliff Thomas, founder of the Invictus Prep Charter School, due to open this fall in East New York, Brooklyn. "She said I didn't get there because I was smart or worked hard." NY POST

Here is another version of the same incident

She called African-American charter-school activist Clifford Thomas a "dumbass" and said: "You went to Harvard on my back, not because you're smart, not because you worked hard." NY POST

There's more:

Dukes acknowledged her comments, saying, "Wouldn't he be intelligent enough graduating from Harvard that he would want quality schools for all children?"

She dismissed any suggestion that she had gotten physical. "If I pushed him, he ought to have pushed me back," she said. "He's a grown man."

She's wrong... buuuuuuut there is something about her that I like. But back to Hazel Duke's blog-worthy goodness.

If you and the NAACP continue on this horrible lawsuit against my daughter's school and the fellow 18 charter schools, it will not be the best legacy to leave behind," Ramos wrote. The Post reports that Dukes's reply was swift and, well, to the point.

"You are not a member of the NAACP and don't understand that you are doing the business of slave masters," Dukes explained to Ramos in an email sent June 1st. Gothamist

Apparently there isn't a thing Ben Jealous can do to shut Hazel Dukes up. Interesting that Jealous didn't hesitate to throw Shirley Sherrod under the bus to protect the NAACP, but it letting Hazel Duke say anything in the name of the NAACP.

I realized Hazel was quote worthy when I heard her at a rally during my covert operation at National Action Network headquarters. I can't remember anything else from that entirely-too-long rally other than her chastising Black people in Harlem for not voting for David Dinkins because "he didn't invite y'all to the fish fry." She dropped a few words of profanity as well which was disconcerting because the NAN "rally" is actually a Saturday-morning church service with gospel music and all.

But there is more. Ms. Dukes is not above getting in your FACE ... and she'll do it in front of an entire auditorium of people.

9:30 p.m. As promised, I’m posting video (above) from the altercation earlier tonight between Hazel Dukes of the NAACP and charter school advocates.

Dukes actually found herself in the middle of two separate physical altercations with two different charter school advocates after each personally addressed comments she made earlier this month that referred to charter parents as “slave masters.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The NAACP has lost itself. And if truth be told this may have happened a long time ago and we just weren't aware of it. Black Americans need to wake up, investigate this outfit, clean it up, and get it back on track to the mission of fighting real racism against black Americans and pushing for equal rights for black Americans.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn