Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Breaking News - Obama's grandmother dies of cancer in Hawaii

Obama's grandmother dies of cancer in Hawaii
    Mon Nov 3, 2008 4:40pm ES

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's grandmother died of cancer, he said in a statement on Monday, a little more than a week after Obama interrupted the White House race to say goodbye to her in Hawaii.

"It is with great sadness that we announce that our grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, has died peacefully after a battle with cancer," Obama said in a joint statement with his sister, Maya Soetoro-Ng. "She was the cornerstone of our family, and a woman of extraordinary accomplishment, strength, and humility."

Dunham helped raise Obama from the age of 10 while his mother was working in Indonesia, and Obama took an emotional 22-hour trip to Hawaii to visit her on October 23 and 24.

(Reporting by John Whitesides; editing by David Alexander)

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/ ... GV20081103
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hmmm.....

The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

an emotional trip to hawaii where he only spent ONE HOUR out of 22 with
    this grandmother...

Give me a break

on his Grandmother::

Im so sorry to hear this. I was hoping she would get to be here on Earth to see a historic event take place. GOD does his work and makes no mistakes. She will still see what happens.

Mr. Obama. our prayers are with you. The Lord's hand is on Obama, he will have Divine intervention !!!
    I will always Stand by the Eagle, I will never betray the Eagle, I am loyal to the Eagle!

My prayers are with Obama and his family. She is in a better place. This is not about politics--this is about human compassion.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandbluelatino

Im so sorry to hear this. I was hoping she would get to be here on Earth to see a historic event take place. GOD does his work and makes no mistakes. She will still see what happens.

Mr. Obama. our prayers are with you. The Lord's hand is on Obama, he will have Divine intervention !!!
    LOL! I knew you'd be all over this like a pig in mud.

Bummer she could not live another day longer to see what happens. Prayers are with her family.

Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandbluelatino

He needs some divine intervention alright
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

Anybody know what Obama's mother done for work while Grandma raised BO?

His mother leaves him with Granny around the early 70's fo a job in Indonesia? Must have paid well?

This family sure knows how to get around.