Thread: Buckle up folks

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Buckle up folks

I wasn't going to mention this in public but I learned something the other day that changed my mind!
    A little over a week ago my step daughter was killed in a car accident, it was her fault, she was driving too fast and lost control, as sad as this is she would probably have lived IF she had been wearing her seat belt.
    As some of you know I am former EMS and I have only had to cut one dead person from their seat belt, it turned out he had had a heart attact and was dead before the accident.
    So buckle up folks and teach your kids to always do the same no matter how old they are, it can and does make a difference between life and death.
    The life you save may be your own!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sorry to hear about your loss.
    I have seen alot of it. Many police officers who get injured or killed in the line of duty are in car wrecks and weren't wearing their seat belt. We had a female officer who lost control of her car and has been left a paraplegic because she did not wear her seatbelt. I always do as I was in a rollover off the highway due to a part failure on the vehicle. The only reason I only had a concussion was because I had my seatbelt on.
    Many of the people who get ejected from vehicles often get killed by other vehicles running them over and many times it is kids. Parents also need to put them in properly installed car seats or booster seats if they are older.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Your point about seat belts is a good one. I was driving a tiny Ford Festiva, and was broadsided by a truck. I was wearing my seat belt, my car was totaled, but I walked away.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. They often wondered if my sister might not have made it if she had seatbelts but she was in the back and I'm not even sure if they had them there at that time. They were basicly just starting to put them in and it definately wasn't law yet. It's just horrible to hear of anyone loosing their life. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

MD...thank you so much for sharing your story with us (and everyone else too), that was tough, I'm sure. Messages like this really do make a difference in people's lives though, and we will think twice when we, and our loved ones get in our cars. I am very sorry. Prayers to you and your family.

Oh MD, I am so sorry to hear about your stepdaughter.
    Thank you for sharing and for caring enough about all of us and our loved ones to remind us to buckle up.

So sorry to hear about your loss. I have been a faithful buckle upper since princess D. crash. Thanks for sharing.