Bumbling Biden – Failing President’s Press Conference On Wednesday A “Total Disaster”

by Eric Thompson about 9 hours ago updated about 9 hours ago

Unlike former President Donald J.Trump who held frequent press conferences, President Biden’s handlers have done their best to keep him away from the lion’s den.

On Wednesday they finally allowed the mentally declining politician to go behind the podium daring to take questions. The results, a “total disaster.”
The White House was optimistic going in that the president could cast himself as a competent leader, who is in touch with the problems of everyday American voters.
Instead, there were long pauses, nonsensical babble, and several awkward moments like holding his notes to his chest and rocking back and forth, Biden clearly couldn’t even handle the softball questions from the pre-approved list of reporters.

Joe blamed Trump, Republicans in general, COVID, and of course, January 6th, for his disastrous first year in office.
The president was criticized throughout his long remarks on issues related to Russian aggression towards Ukraine, his claim that he outperformed expectations, his outburst toward a reporter, and more.

A few of Biden comments were called out by influencers on Twitter
Russia-Ukraine ‘minor incursion’
Perhaps the most startling comment of the evening was Biden’s response to a question about the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
Biden said that while he believes an invasion is imminent, the United States is prepared to impose significant economic consequences should Russia move forward. But, he clarified, a “minor incursion” by the Russians would elicit a softer response from the U.S. than that of a full-scale invasion of Ukraine.
“Biden is attacking the legitimacy of American elections while signaling Putin to try a ‘minor incursion’ in Ukraine. None of this is normal. None of this is OK,” National Review senior writer Dan McLaughlin responded.
Biden is attacking the legitimacy of American elections while signaling Putin to try a "minor incursion" in Ukraine. None of this is normal. None of this is OK.
— Dan McLaughlin (@baseballcrank) January 19, 2022
Where are the follow-ups from reporters?
Why was there no pushback to Biden saying "it's one thing if it's a minor incursion" re Russia going into Ukraine?
Where is the pushback on Biden claiming he "outperformed" expectations?
The list goes on
All pleasantries, no pushback!
— Kayleigh McEnany (@kayleighmcenany) January 19, 2022
Overpromise or Outperform?
A clip of Biden telling reporters that he did not overpromise what he could get done in his first year in office, but that he has, on the contrary, “outperformed” what people thought he was capable of, appeared all over social media with many in disbelief of Biden’s comments.
“I’m not sure what planet he’s inhabiting but on planet earth, his record is a record of failure,” Wisconsin Republican Sen. Ron Johnson responded.
Biden said he "outperformed" expectations. I'm not sure what planet he's inhabiting but on planet earth his record is a record of failure. pic.twitter.com/91UDWZwEQ9
— Senator Ron Johnson (@SenRonJohnson) January 19, 2022
Biden loses his cool on a reporter
Things got heated when Biden yelled at Real Clear Politics correspondent Phillip Wegmann to “Go back and read what I said” after Wegmann asked about his voting rights speech in Atlanta earlier this month. Biden was criticized at the time for saying that those who disagree with him on the legislation are comparable to reviled segregationists.
“Well, now that makes two presidents who have yelled at me—Trump and Biden,” Wegmann wrote following the bizarre exchange.
“‘GO BACK AND READ WHAT I SAID!’ Biden yells in response to the (mild) Phil Wegmann beginning to ask a mild question about Biden’s comparison of political opponents to racists. Then reiterates the thing that got everyone mad? Holy wow is this weird,” senior editor of The Federalist Mollie Hemingway wrote.
"GO BACK AND READ WHAT I SAID!" Biden yells in response to the (mild) Phil Wegmann beginning to ask a mild question about Biden's comparison of political opponents to racists. Then reiterates the thing that got everyone mad? Holy wow is this weird.
— Mollie (@MZHemingway) January 19, 2022
Towards the end of the lively question and answer session, the declining Biden pointed out the time, noting that there are only fifteen minutes left, and imploring the reporters to only ask him “easy questions” so he can provide “quick answers” and wrap up without any more idiotic gaffes.
Following his request, Biden was asked a direct question that he could not mentally process requiring him to ask the reporter to repeat because he was “confused.”

President Joe Biden holds a news conference at the White House — 1/19/2022 - YouTube

With Joe’s disastrous outing on Wednesday, I don’t expect to see another Biden press conference until after the 2022 midterms, unless of course the Biden team is a glutton for punishment and sends him out anyway foolishly expecting a better result.
Written By: Eric Thompson, host of the Eric Thompson Show.

Follow Eric on his website ETTALKSHOW, and social media platforms, MAGABOOK, Twellit & Twitter.

Bumbling Biden - Failing President's Press Conference On Wednesday A "Total Disaster" (trendingpolitics.com)