Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Burglar calls 911 to save himself from gun-wielding homeowner

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Burglar calls 911 to save himself from gun-wielding homeowner

Burglar calls 911 to save himself from gun-wielding homeowner

MUST SEE VIDEO AT LINK.

By Dylan Stableford,
    12/06/2012

A suspected burglar called 911 after the owner of the home he broke into caught and held him at gunpoint.
    The suspect, Christopher Moore, placed the emergency call in Springtown, Texas, during the botched burglary attempt early Tuesday after James Gerow, the homeowner, and Gerow's son pointed guns at him as he sat in his pickup truck parked in the driveway.

"I'm out in the country somewhere," Moore told the 911 operator during the 10-minute call. "Some guy's got a gun on me."

Gerow's wife, Lindy, placed a concurrent call to 911 that confirmed Moore's account.

"You better come quick," she said, "or my husband's going to shoot him."

"If he gets out of the truck, shoot him in the legs," James Gerow told his son, according to the Dallas Morning News Crime Blog. "You ain't gotta kill him—just shoot him in the legs."

When police arrived, both Moore and Lindy Gerow were still talking to 911 dispatchers.

According to CBS' Dallas-Fort Worth affiliate, Moore was arrested and charged with burglary. He's currently being held on a $35,000 bond.

Burglar calls 911 to save himself from gun-wielding homeowner | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    "Windage and elevation, Mrs.Langdon. Windage and elevation..." — John Wayne
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    It's Not The Gun, It's The Person

Posted by Max Tollens Jr on December 6, 2012 at 9:43pm

In the spirit of not letting a crisis go to waste, Liberals are renewing their calls for more gun control in the wake of last weekend’s murder/suicide by an NFL player. Sports commentator Bob Costas felt the need to chime in with his opinion during the half-time of the Monday night football game. While Saturday’s incidents were certainly a tragedy for two families, it’s not enough of a reason to punish all law-abiding citizens who responsibly own firearms.

As one of those law-abiding citizens who responsibly exercise Second Amendment rights, I can report to you that none of my firearms have hurt or killed anyone. For that matter, I can also report to you that our flatware and china haven’t made anyone obese.

There are incidents in which people choose to use their vehicle as a weapon, running over their victims rather than shooting them. You certainly don’t hear calls for outlawing car ownership after one of these incidents. After a man flew a private plane into a building in Texas, you didn’t hear calls for banning light aviation. When someone gets pushed in front of a subway train, do you hear calls for banning subway platforms or subway trains?

The sad truth is that when someone intends on causing another person injury or death, they will use whatever implement is at hand-be it a gun, knife, blunt object, or a car. To place the blame for two deaths on an inanimate object is to give a pass to the person who fired the shots. A handgun has to be loaded, wielded, aimed, and fired intentionally by a person.

Banning guns will certainly make some people feel better but it definitely won’t make them any safer. If you don’t like guns, then don’t own one; just don’t preach your anti-gun nonsense to me. Remember that guns don’t kill people, people kill people.

There are enough laws on the books with regards to responsible gun ownership; we don’t need any more restrictions on our freedoms to lawfully exercise our Second Amendment right to bear arms.

It's Not The Gun, It's The Person - Patriot Action Network
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)