Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Bush declines hardware store job

Bush declines hardware store job

George W Bush has paid a jokey visit to a hardware store in Dallas, Texas, which offered him a job as a greeter.

The former US president entered the Elliott's outlet with his security detail saying "I'm looking for a job", store manager Andrea Bond said.

The owner of the Texas chain made the offer earlier this month in a letter published in a Dallas newspaper.

But despite not yet having a publisher for his memoirs, Mr Bush decided on reflection to turn the job down.

Equipped with a name tag reading "W", Mr Bush spent an hour there with his secret service security detail, chatting to customers and doing a little shopping.

Employee discount

Described as part-time, the job would have left Mr Bush time to work on his presidential library and write about his two terms at the White House.

"We're confident that your experience working in your own family business, as well as your people skills developed throughout years of meeting with foreign dignitaries would make you an excellent candidate for the position," read the job offer, signed by Kyle Walters, president and CEO of Elliott's Hardware.

"Furthermore, like you, many of our greeters are retired from the corporate world, so we're sure you'll have no trouble making new friends."

The employment package also offered parking for his security detail and an employee discount.

"We think you'll find working with us much less stressful than your last job," the offer continued.

Mr Bush and his wife Laura moved into their new home in an expensive area of Dallas on Friday. They have kept their ranch at Crawford, Texas.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7904222.stm?lss
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

George W Bush has paid a jokey visit to a hardware store in Dallas, Texas, which offered him a job as a greeter.
    You know the economy is dismal when the former POTUS's only job lead is working in hardware store as a greeter! LOL
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Glad i wasnt there and sought out to talk to the former leader of the country because he would have gotten an earful on the ramos and compean case, among other things

I find this insulting to the American people who have lost their jobs, and this jerk walks into a business and asks for a job. This is no joke, and it just shows how detached and stupid this guy is not to understand that, especially since he was the one that, for the past eight years, put us into this situation in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    You know the economy is dismal when the former POTUS's only job lead is working in hardware store as a greeter! LOL
    Any employer should know better than to hire this heap of a failure..everything he touches goes to pot.

MW
    Vortex wrote:

I find this insulting to the American people who have lost their jobs, and this jerk walks into a business and asks for a job. This is no joke, and it just shows how detached and stupid this guy is not to understand that, especially since he was the one that, for the past eight years, put us into this situation in the first place.
    I didn't find it insulting at all. Actually, I thought it was sort of funny. I guess my sense of humor is as bad as his.

Everything that's gone wrong in this country can't be blamed on any one man.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Bush WAS going to get this job, but he failed the basic math and cash handling test.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

jshhmr, got drums?