Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Bush Won't Extend Benefits - Says 'Get A Job'

Perino Confirms White House Won’t Extend Jobless Benefits, Says People Should Just Find A Job

During today’s press briefing, White House press secretary Dana Perino suggested the Bush administration would oppose any effort to extend jobless benefits — a stance the White House has taken before. She explained their position by saying, “we want people to be able to return to the workplace as soon as possible.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]During today’s press briefing, White House press secretary Dana Perino suggested the Bush administration would oppose any effort to extend jobless benefits — a stance the White House has taken before. She explained their position by saying, “we want people to be able to return to the workplace as soon as possible.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Why isn't some of that "bailout" going to help those Americans who are out of work?

It's okay to help the filthy rich who created this problem, but not the people suffering because of them?

IF THEY WANT PEOPLE TO GET BACK TO WORK...THEN THEY SHOULD CREATE WORK WITH SOME OF THAT BAILOUT MONEY. I DONT WANT TO HEAR THAT THEY DONT HAVE MONEY. ROADS AND BRIDGES NEED TO BE FIXED...SCHOOLS AND OTHER PUBLIC BUILDINGS NEED WORK. WE NEED A HIGH SPEED RAIL SYSTEM. PUT THEM TO WORK. OR ELSE PAY THEM UNEMPLOYMENT. IF THEY CAN GIVE CRIMINAL BANKERS 700B THEN THEY HAVE MONEY TO MAKE JOBS OR PAY UNEMPLOYMENT. MAKING JOBS WOULD BE MUCH BETTER. PAY THEM GOOD AND THEY WILL FEED THE ECONOMY. THEY CAN GET THE ECONOMY GOING AGAIN.

MW
    Looks like I'm going against the majority here. I agree with Bush's position on this issue. It is my understanding that the unemployment benefits have already been extended. I'm all for helping those less fortunate, however, I don't believe it's the governments job to utilize taxpayer money as a security blanket for the unemployed.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW, normally I would agree with you but not this time. Bush tells Americans to get a job but not Wall Street bankers, instead he gave them a $700B bailout.

Does anyone know if unemployment benefits are also given to illegals that have assumed the identities of US citizens to get their jobs? It has gotten to the point where I trust no one in our Gooberment with doing their jobs on behalf of the American people.

I AGREE WITH BOWMAN....UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES. THE GOVERNMENT AND WALL STREET SCREWED UP THE ENTIRE COUNTRY AND ECONOMY. THEY SPENT YEARS ERODING THE COUNTRY. WHY SHOULD AMERICANS HAVE TO SUFFER MORE THAN THEY HAVE.

THEY HAVE PLENTY OF MONEY ON HAND. EITHER USE THE MONEY TO CREATE ENOUGH JOBS OR PAY UNEMPLOYMENT. FURTHERMORE, THE UNEMPLOYMENT SHOULD BE OPEN ENDED. IF THEY DONT WANT TO PAY SOMEONE BENES, THEN CREATE A JOB FOR THEM.

THERE IS PLENTY OF INFRASTRUCTURE TO BE REPAIRED.

I BET THEY WANT PEOPLE OFF OF UNEMPLOYMENT BECAUSE THAT IS HOW THEY CALCULATE THE SO-CALLED UNEMPLOYMENT RATE. THEY WANT THAT NUMBER TO GO DOWN ...NOT UP. I SAY WE ALL REFUSE TO SPEND MONEY TILL THEY USE THAT BAILOUT MONEY TO CREATE JOBS.

MW
    redpony wrote:

THEY HAVE PLENTY OF MONEY ON HAND. EITHER USE THE MONEY TO CREATE ENOUGH JOBS OR PAY UNEMPLOYMENT. FURTHERMORE, THE UNEMPLOYMENT SHOULD BE OPEN ENDED. IF THEY DONT WANT TO PAY SOMEONE BENES, THEN CREATE A JOB FOR THEM.
    IMO, it is not the governments job to support the unemployed. Furthermore, I don't believe it's the governments job to create jobs either. The U.S. Government is already the largest employer in the U.S. I never was one for supporting the 'welfare state' ideology.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote="miguelina"][quote]During today’s press briefing, White House press secretary Dana Perino suggested the Bush administration would oppose any effort to extend jobless benefits — a stance the White House has taken before. She explained their position by saying, “we want people to be able to return to the workplace as soon as possible.â€

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast